OTHER

5 x Slickblade Seekers (200)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Galletian Command

**Warlord

***Galletian Sharpshooters

TOTAL POINTS: (1980/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Looks very similar to a list I've been trying out. The only thing I might change for yours is to split the seekers into two units of 5 instead of one of 10. You aren't likely to have less drops than your opponent anyway and 5 man cavalry units are excellent screens/objective grabbers. You might lose out a bit if you want to use them for euphoric killers but with coherency you'll probably struggle to get the extra attackers in anyway. Plus the slickblades will be better euphoric killers in most circumstances.  

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Cataphract said:

Any thoughts on this list? Going to an RTt

Splitt the Seeker and put the Archer in 1 Group. I dont know if i feel good without Glutos/KoS/Shallaxi and or a centerpiece like this but, jeaahhh why not.

Why u take the viceleader and not the Mask ?!

5 hours ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Don't forget seekers are on a 25x50 now so can be in a single line abreast if their bases are touching, so getting them all into combat isn't super hard.

Did Seekers get re-sized in this book? Totally missed that -- mine are on 60x35mm. Guess I gotta rebase them! 

1 hour ago, LeonBox said:

Did Seekers get re-sized in this book? Totally missed that -- mine are on 60x35mm. Guess I gotta rebase them! 

The base size document still says 60x35.  I think the 50x25, listed on their store profile, is their oldhammer base size - and the bike bases are also obsolete.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

The base size document still says 60x35.  I think the 50x25, listed on their store profile, is their oldhammer base size - and the bike bases are also obsolete.

Oh thank Slaanesh for that. That would have been a real pain! 

• Like 1

In the app if you check under the tome there is a Base Sizes button that says 50x25mm.

It coincides with the old Start Collecting going away, that has the 60x35 (leaving only the boxed Seekers with 50x25s), and was updated in the app (rather than forgotten and not changed) when the book was released.

41 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

In the app if you check under the tome there is a Base Sizes button that says 50x25mm.

It coincides with the old Start Collecting going away, that has the 60x35 (leaving only the boxed Seekers with 50x25s), and was updated in the app (rather than forgotten and not changed) when the book was released.

If this is true (and not a mistake) it's pretty dumb. The seeker steeds are the same size as Hellflayer steeds (you can switch out the riders as you like) and Hellflayers haven't changed base size, so why change the seeker base size? Absolutely bizarre choice (and not made nearly obvious enough). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrispyXIV said:

That base size issue should probably be FAQ'd.  It's fairly inconsistent with essentially all of AoS at this point, as that base shape isn't really used anywhere. 

I took the change in the app to _be_ an FAQ, but alright. For now, I will use my rebased seekers to get 10 in line abreast until GW fixes their ****** (fair trade for the Soulfeaster being unusable :p)

9 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

I took the change in the app to _be_ an FAQ, but alright. For now, I will use my rebased seekers to get 10 in line abreast until GW fixes their ****** (fair trade for the Soulfeaster being unusable :p)

It's a pretty huge mechanical buff for non-warscroll/stat reasons for them to be on bases 25mm wide, and I'm not aware of any other similar case of a unit using those bases anywhere in AoS.  

It makes me skeptical, and is similar imo to Dexcessa having been printed with their scourge as a missile weapon.  

If it holds up, yeah, it's a big perk for the unit. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ibel said:

Splitt the Seeker and put the Archer in 1 Group. I dont know if i feel good without Glutos/KoS/Shallaxi and or a centerpiece like this but, jeaahhh why not.

Why u take the viceleader and not the Mask ?!

I like the Blissbarbs running around and shooting at seperate things in Shooting phase to cause Temptation Dice rolls.

The Viceleader can make chain fight the daemonettes after she attacks

13 hours ago, Cataphract said:

The Viceleader can make chain fight the daemonettes after she attack

Mhmm this makes no sense without FirstStrike for me....

13 hours ago, Cataphract said:

I like the Blissbarbs running around and shooting at seperate things in Shooting phase to cause Temptation Dice rolls

but 1 Group can also shoot at differenz Units and u can buff them way better if u need to.....

9 hours ago, ibel said:

Mhmm this makes no sense without FirstStrike for me....

Why does it need first strike to be effective? If you're going first, you can still activate both units before your opponent, and is great on a big Daemonette block. 

Of course, there's precious little reason to take a Viceleader rather than the Masque, but that's just because the Masque is so damn good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonBox said:

Why does it need first strike to be effective? If you're going first, you can still activate both units before your opponent, and is great on a big Daemonette block. 

Of course, there's precious little reason to take a Viceleader rather than the Masque, but that's just because the Masque is so damn good. 

I think the issue is you could just select the Daemonettes to go first anyways, and the Viceleader doesn't add much for her price to their damage (which I generally agree with. 3+/4+/-1/2 is literally twice as good as her last book, but still only averages less than 3 damage into the target. Adding 10 daemonettes to the blob will add more than 4 wounds to the target for a cheaper price at the same time). Of course, the Daemonettes have to reach with their weapons, but so does the Viceleader, who has the added disadvantage of needing to make a separate charge roll, not fighting twice of a Keeper of Secrets selects the Daemonettes, etc.

• Like 2

So, had my first tryout with the new book, we were both very rusty so we played slow and only made it to Battleround 4.

with a 12 / 11 score VICTORY FOR SLAANESH. 

i was overall very impressed with our book, and i thoroughly enjoyed it, i do think it has a lot of potential. 

ill do a writeup tommorow with a list if anyone is interested :) 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Thor said:

So, had my first tryout with the new book, we were both very rusty so we played slow and only made it to Battleround 4.

with a 12 / 11 score VICTORY FOR SLAANESH. 

i was overall very impressed with our book, and i thoroughly enjoyed it, i do think it has a lot of potential. 

ill do a writeup tommorow with a list if anyone is interested :) 

Please do, I love a good batrep. 

I've got another game tonight and I suspect it will be against Nurgle, which will be a challenge with that native 5++ across the whole army. I've gone Pretenders every match so far because I was prepping for a tourney and didn't wanna mix things up, so tonight I'm gonna go Godseekers with a Keeper general, Paths of the Dark Prince, and either the 'do mortals on the charge' or 'strike first on the charge' command trait. Maybe Sigvald as well, as he ignores wards. 

• Like 1

I have the Sybarite Blade-Carnival box from a few Christmases ago and have started building the units from it. I'm having a real boggle trying to work out if I want to make 10 Myrmidesh or 10 Symbaresh (I know I could do 5 of each but I think it's best as a reinforced unit) and then the next one is Blissbarb Seekers or Slickblades. Both have their uses and I do love the extra rend from the Seekers but not sure whether overall the Slickblades are better? 

2 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I have the Sybarite Blade-Carnival box from a few Christmases ago and have started building the units from it. I'm having a real boggle trying to work out if I want to make 10 Myrmidesh or 10 Symbaresh (I know I could do 5 of each but I think it's best as a reinforced unit) and then the next one is Blissbarb Seekers or Slickblades. Both have their uses and I do love the extra rend from the Seekers but not sure whether overall the Slickblades are better? 

I think its hard to describe either BlissSeekers or Slickblades as better, since they both do different things and both do important things.  

The Seekers synergy with providing extra rend is powerful and obvious for the while army, while the Slickblades may be our best option for reaching out and generating depravity with Euphoric Killers turn one.  And they work better together...

I’m wondering though if it’s better to have a KOS or have Sigvald+Shardspeaker+Wheels instead

Or thinking of this List

Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
    - Army Type: Pretenders
    - Grand Strategy: Glutton for Depravity

LEADER

1 x The Masque (140)

1 x Contorted Epitome (190)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Monarch of Lies
    - Artefacts: The Crown of Dark Secrets
    - Spells: Flaming Weapon

1 x Lord of Pain (135)*
    - Artefacts: Sceptre of Domination

1 x Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (125)*
    - Spells: Born of Damnation

BATTLELINE

5 x Seekers (140)

5 x Seekers (140)*

11 x Blissbarb Archers (150)**

11 x Blissbarb Archers (150)**

20 x Daemonettes (250)**

ENDLESS SPELL

1 x Mesmerising Mirror (60)

TERRAIN

1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)

OTHER

10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (290)

5 x Slickblade Seekers (200)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Warlord

**Galletian Sharpshooters

TOTAL POINTS: (1970/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Edited by Cataphract

1 hour ago, Cataphract said:

I’m wondering though if it’s better to have a KOS or have Sigvald+Shardspeaker+Wheels instead

Or thinking of this List

Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
    - Army Type: Pretenders
    - Grand Strategy: Glutton for Depravity

LEADER

1 x Contorted Epitome (190)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Monarch of Lies
    - Artefacts: The Crown of Dark Secrets
    - Spells: Flaming Weapon

My only comment is, I can't imagine not taking Strength of Godhood on an Epitome in a Pretenders list.  Its ludicrously good.

Hello! sorry for delay, apparantly nurgles rot has taken a hold on me. i recently fought against Khorne, and whilst we were both rusty, in rules and with new books, Alot of mistakes were made that couldave easliy changed the outcome of the match. we were playing the battleplan "Nydus Network"  i took the grand strategy for having 36 unspent depravity at the end ( Dont like this one) 

My Strategy before the game was to Castle up, have a strong buffed up frontline with plenty of debuffy shooting and in general having a ****** ton of ways to reduce armor, i was planning on using the heroic action, to give my LoP's "hurler of obcenities" to futher reduce armor, while my masque assinated one of his stupid priests, this plan i ofcourse thew out the window turn one, and deployed as offensivly as possible. 

i cant really go in depth with each turn, ( And i dont have any photos)  so i will try to summarize my thoughts on the match

Khorne is a really nasty book to go against, and whilst they dont have the most broken damage output, the amount of ****** they can pull of is amazing.  out of phase movement,, out of phase attacks, brass skull meteors are very difficult to deal with, his 2 thirsters could attack in tandem and strike first. ignored ward saves and has a lot of + to hit, they were very nasty,

Glutos was amazing.  he tanked like no other. his damage output was awesome, buffed easliy by the LOP means most of his attacks were 2+2+. he farmed most of my depravity.

Blissbarb seekers were amazing, they had just enough wounds to tank a little, the neg armor was awesome, and reducing enemy armor + using the +1 attacks artifact meant that their now 25 attacks actually did something in close combat.

Masque was cool., but i misplayed her, or rather got outplayed, and didnt actually do anything before round 3 where the managed to kill a priest.

Archers were good, but they die so fast. a single meteor dealt with a unit, and a breath attack dealt with the other. the output is good, especially with more minus to saves.

twinsouls are strong. but dont expect them to deal any damage. they work great as debuffing. tanking wise they are OK aswell. only having 2 wounds feels bad. 

shardspeaker is okay. i dindt get to use her that much. ofc magic against khorne is an uphill battle. the neg 1 armor was good, but being 9 inch range was iffy and dangerous. 

Lord of pain are the single most busted hero we have. its amazing. no contest. the buff is too good, and they can actually tank a fair bit. i expect a point increase. 

in the end i was left with a feeling that even though i misplayed, i got carried by my army's strength and power. 

also depravity was an issue, thankfully i managed to get 12 depravity the first combat, as my opponent rejected all temptation dice. all of them. which was... frankly smart and i foresee its what's going to happen everytime you face an opponent who knows slaanesh. atleast 95% of the time. i dindt really enjoy temptation dice as much as i thought. alot of the time you just deal a couple of wounds extra to a target. it kinda dissapears as a cool battletrait and becomes more of a "warscroll ability" that sometimes you deal a little extra damage. boring. 

My List

Spoiler

Invaders 

Battleregiment x 2 

Glutos BR 1

LoP BR 1

Lop BR 2

Shardspeaker BR 1, General, Master of magic, Tunnel master.  icon of infinite excess BR 2

The masque

Blissbarb archers x11 BR 1

Blissbarb archers x 11BR 2

blissbarb seekers x 5  BR 1

Blissbarb seekers x 5 BR 2

Twinsouls x 5 BR 1

Twinsous x 5 BR 2

His list as i can i remember.

Spoiler

Subfaction was the +1 to hit against heroes.

Bloodthirster of unfetteret fury

wrath of khorne bloodthirster.  artifacts are unclear,

Realmgore ritualist

bloodmaster

slaughterpriest

Skarr bloodwrath

Reavers x 10

Reaverx x 10

Skullcrushers of khorne x6 

magors fiends?

and some other special Reaver unique unit thing.

and 2 stupid invocations you cant dispell or remove. that dont go away. wtf.

Edited by Thor
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2