AoS 3.0 - Gloomspite GItz Discussion

Nezzhil

1 hour ago, Gailon said:

We shall see in gameplay but I think it’s the range on the mortal wounds when they run that makes them a bit oppressive. You can charge them in, do damage, die and then run and pop a support a hero that was well behind enemy screens. If that ability was 3” I think people would be a lot less concerned about herd. 

All the complains I see is that they do too much damage, not specifically that their "run away and do Mortals"-mechanic is too strong. 

At 140p the Squigs would still be fine. 

Honestly, the Mangler Boss could go down a few points. Snufflers too. Stabbas/Shootas could also go to 120p. 

All Arachnarok variants can also go down, same with the Troggboss. The D6 damage is just way too swingy. 

My friend and I are both on the cave train, but he's more gobbos and squigs.  Next week we're gonna see how they do vs my Troggs...I've read Fellwaters do better in MSU but Rockguts better in bigger units, so I'll try 2x3 and 2x6 respectively.  Though now I'm thinking a unit of 9 Rockguts for Sharpshooters would be better perhaps?  Thought the Sneaky Stealin Staff was good to help the Fungoid cast a little better.   Figured w Chasing da Moon and Skragrott in there to all but guarantee it, I should have the good ward on the Troggboss...doesn't seem like super high odds of him eating the Howzit.  But I'm sure my first game he'll eat it turn 1 :D

Troggoths v1.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 1:38 PM, Causalis said:

It's... literally an ability on their warscroll?

As for potential nerfs:

Skragrott will probably go up in points, which is fine. But I worry that GW will nerf the Squig Herd. They are fine in my opinion. They have very clear weaknesses (Bravery 3, no commands, 6+ save, only hit on 4+, no reliable movement). So the moment they get charged, they'll just evaporate. They've got a high volume of attacks and good support synergie but so do other armies (Mortek Guard, With Aelves, Corsairs etc.) and we don't see them getting nerfed.

You have to do 60 damage with 360 points to make them evaporate. If you only hit them for like 50 damage, they'll swing back with 9 mortal wounds. And then next turn they can come back at half strength. Do lower than that and they'll hit you for more mortal wounds and come back with 6-18 squigs next turn from the handlers. Bravery isnt a weakness with squigs it's a strength. They're almost impossible to trade favorably against.

Oh, by the way, you have to do that much damage with synergies that extend more than 9", otherwise you'll just straight up lose the buff vector to the squigs MW.

Also, later comment; Troggbosses aren't pointed at 200 for their damage, they're pointed like that for their Enhancements. Nobody is bringing a barebones Trogboss into their list. If they get lowered or their damage increased it just makes Dankhold Troggoths a joke. Again.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

I'm still not sure how I feel about spiderfang in the new book. I havent gotten a chance to play with the new book but I threw this list together.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Gittish Horde: Grimscuttle
- Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*
Skragrott, The Loonking (160)*
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)*
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (270)**
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of the Spiderfang: Sneaky Distraction
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (130)**
- General
- Command Trait: Supa-nasty Venom
- Artefact: Headdress of Many Eyes
Webspinner Shaman (65)**
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God
- Lore of the Spiderfang: Scuttling Terrors
- Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master

Battleline
5 x Spider Riders (90)
5 x Spider Riders (90)
5 x Spider Riders (90)

Units
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (90)

Behemoths
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact
Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106
Drops: 11

Spiderfang still suffer hugely from a lack of damage, you basically need supa nasty venom to have anything resembling a hammer, so in this list I brought Kragnos. He's a big hammer, and he makes the grimscuttle ambush way scarier.

Totem is on the foot shaman because you can use tunnel master to get him into position to buff your ambushing squad.

Sporesplattas are a good buff piece but maybe I'd be better served by more spider riders.

I don't need double warlord, but by the time I had squeezed two GC's into the list i already had 4 sub-commanders.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Skragrott seems to be the only piece I could cut, but then I'd want to stick malevolent moon in, so I'd only save 80 points, plus he's super useful.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:32 AM, Ganigumo said:

I'm still not sure how I feel about spiderfang in the new book. I havent gotten a chance to play with the new book but I threw this list together.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Gittish Horde: Grimscuttle
- Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*
Skragrott, The Loonking (160)*
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)*
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (270)**
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of the Spiderfang: Sneaky Distraction
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (130)**
- General
- Command Trait: Supa-nasty Venom
- Artefact: Headdress of Many Eyes
Webspinner Shaman (65)**
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God
- Lore of the Spiderfang: Scuttling Terrors
- Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master

Battleline
5 x Spider Riders (90)
5 x Spider Riders (90)
5 x Spider Riders (90)

Units
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (90)

Behemoths
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact
Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106
Drops: 11

Spiderfang still suffer hugely from a lack of damage, you basically need supa nasty venom to have anything resembling a hammer, so in this list I brought Kragnos. He's a big hammer, and he makes the grimscuttle ambush way scarier.

Totem is on the foot shaman because you can use tunnel master to get him into position to buff your ambushing squad.

Sporesplattas are a good buff piece but maybe I'd be better served by more spider riders.

I don't need double warlord, but by the time I had squeezed two GC's into the list i already had 4 sub-commanders.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Skragrott seems to be the only piece I could cut, but then I'd want to stick malevolent moon in, so I'd only save 80 points, plus he's super useful.

No Scuttletide?!?!  Drop those Sporesplattas!  Also I eagerly await your 8 legged Kragnos Conversion.  

Give it a few games vs various armies and see how it goes with different missions.  Spiderfang has some great tricks and can be surprisingly nasty if played well, but certainly not a point-n-click army.  I think having Skraggrott is actually really good for a guaranteed Bad Moon effect if he's alive; so I'd keep him.  Not sure if there's points but since you have Kragnos in there, maybe switch out the Skitterstrand to a Flinger?  The big spider does the same, but you have the chance to gum someone up with the webs.  Not sure if the points are there though...you could drop the Fungoid too, maybe net another unit of Spider Riders or something doing that?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

No Scuttletide?!?!  Drop those Sporesplattas!  Also I eagerly await your 8 legged Kragnos Conversion.  

Give it a few games vs various armies and see how it goes with different missions.  Spiderfang has some great tricks and can be surprisingly nasty if played well, but certainly not a point-n-click army.  I think having Skraggrott is actually really good for a guaranteed Bad Moon effect if he's alive; so I'd keep him.  Not sure if there's points but since you have Kragnos in there, maybe switch out the Skitterstrand to a Flinger?  The big spider does the same, but you have the chance to gum someone up with the webs.  Not sure if the points are there though...you could drop the Fungoid too, maybe net another unit of Spider Riders or something doing that?

yeah the scuttletide is probably better than the sporesplattas, it would help a lot with board control. I need the skitterstrand for the grimscuttle subfaction ability though, his main job is as a delivery device for the scuttleboss.
The fungoid is mostly me being scared of only having 1 GC, but maybe I'm being overly cautious, an extra unit of bodies would help a lot I think.

• Like 1

So i was just talking with another on reddit about stabbas loadout and with netters being 2" range this makes stabbas flat out better than pokin spears by just putting your netters in the third row. This enables three rows of attacks with a straight better stat line. Or am I missing something. 

Shrooms For thought...🤔

Skeletons had a similar stat line and had their weapons consolidated to a single stat line making weapon choice purely cosmetic. I was sure grots would recieve this same treatment. 

Silly Geedubs. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:43 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

Saw one at a tournament a few weeks ago, amazing :P

20230115_125513.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

The Loonshrine has been out of stock since Halloween. GW literally launched a new battletome without having stock of the most critical piece of the army. Half of their product line is out of stock. How do they expect to sell an army when you’re out of stock for months?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scythian said:

The Loonshrine has been out of stock since Halloween. GW literally launched a new battletome without having stock of the most critical piece of the army. Half of their product line is out of stock. How do they expect to sell an army when you’re out of stock for months?

I just hope they are to busy printing the rest of the Gitmob army.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I don't get the perpetually out of stock syndrome lately.  And they just released plastic jetbikes for Horus Heresy....and limited each store to 1 box.  ONE.  WTF?  Creating pent up demand is dangerous in a world of kitbash conversions, plentiful army/unit choice, and 3D printing.  But for the Loonshrine, that's just sillyness.  Gitz absolutely need that.  Other armies could get by without their terrain pieces very well, but not the Gitz (or Beasts of Chaos for that matter).

Hi guys, brand new troggoth player here.

I started playing gitz Just in these days and i got some questions: i'm still trying some lists to make a viable main troggoth army. So, i tried the fellwater troggoths, i really like their ability to worse the save but i realized that with that low range and their slow movement, that's really hard to pull off. Even if i get in range of an enemy unit my opponent can Simply redeploy and that's it. How do you take the best out of them? Or you Just dont use them in a list? I love the durability of the rockgut and the DPS of the dankhold, but i still cant find a Role for the fellwater. Beside this, of you have any suggestion and tips, anything Is welcome 😬

5 hours ago, Fabbbio said:

Hi guys, brand new troggoth player here.

I started playing gitz Just in these days and i got some questions: i'm still trying some lists to make a viable main troggoth army. So, i tried the fellwater troggoths, i really like their ability to worse the save but i realized that with that low range and their slow movement, that's really hard to pull off. Even if i get in range of an enemy unit my opponent can Simply redeploy and that's it. How do you take the best out of them? Or you Just dont use them in a list? I love the durability of the rockgut and the DPS of the dankhold, but i still cant find a Role for the fellwater. Beside this, of you have any suggestion and tips, anything Is welcome 😬

Saving a CP for unleash hell is a good way to apply the fellwater debuff.

• Thanks 1