Skullreaper loadout: Gore-slick blades or daemon blades?

ADDriot

Hi guys

I'm currently painting up my first unit of skull reapers and was wondering what you've all found most effective in terms of weapons. Gore-slick blades seem more reliable but the mortal wounds of daemon blades are appealing. What are everyone's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely the demonforge & soultearer options. i wondered at first but then once i realised they often do 2 damage, one mortal wound one normal damage, with the soultearer doing more, once you kill a few things you are unlikely to suffer any negative consequences due to the special rules. 

i really like the skullreapers, combine them in with the bloodwarriors, wrathmongers an every unit you're running which dies in combat does damage before they die, with banners wrathmongers, aspiring deathbringers etc you really throw out the damage if you go first also.

Daemonblades combined with one of the multitude of Chaos command traits that give bonuses to hit become a decent source of mortal wounds in a low army like Bloodbound, so I'd consider them over gore-slicks. In all seriousness though, pick the option you want to paint and let Khorne sort em out!

Other than the chaos grand alliance ability, what else give + 1 to hit for blood bound units? Stacking them would make the daemon blades much more effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far we've got the Chaos allegiance ability and damned terrain as methods to access +1 to hit for the daemonforged blades. Does anyone else have any ideas that we've perhaps overlooked? I'm struggling to see any other options on bloodbound battlescrolls.

13 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I think that's your lot. With a full unit of five with +1 to hit you'll be getting five hits that could result in mortal wounds in, which ain't half bad.

Yeah, and if you buff their wound rolls with the Juggerlord and get them a to wound reroll with their trial of skulls or even the Bloodstoker at least you can increase the chance of those sixes to hit successfully going through.

Damned terrain, the command trait to give +1 to hit to one unit, and then the general chaos ability that if you're within 8 inches of a chaos hero you get +1 to hit on a roll of a 6. Add a pair of banners to boost the number of attacks and 5 skullreapers will dish out piles of punishment

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, but models with + to hit modifiers need less, so a unit with +1 triggers on a 5+.

This is where nurgle -1 to hit is awesome, as it stops a lot of triggering abilities, such as d3 mortal wounds or something as they can't get a 6 unless they cancel out the - to hit with +to hit 

It's because with AoS you alter the dice rolls.

So, roll dice, rerolls  (if applicable), then modifiers. (+ or - ) = dice roll results > next stage (to wound, save,  etc etc )

Units who manage to gain +1 to hit could roll a 6, which turns the dice roll result into a 7. They say 6+ to stop arguments.

Archived