Rats!

Grimnaud

1 hour ago, AGPO said:

I love this army! Would you mind sharing where you got the backpacks for the Acolytes and the jezzails from? Also the Warpfire throwers if you're feeling charitable :)

Of course. The backpacks and jezzails were bought of a bit-seller on eBay. They're originally from the Skitarii range from 40K. The jezzails are the Rangers rifles, and the backpacks are from the Kataphron. The bits I added to my already kit bashed unit filler (now Doom-Flayer) are from the Kastelan.

The warpfire-throwers on the Rat Ogres are part of the plastic kit, while the weapons team is the old metal warpfire thrower :D

On 10/22/2016 at 11:18 PM, Grimnaud said:

Of course. The backpacks and jezzails were bought of a bit-seller on eBay. They're originally from the Skitarii range from 40K. The jezzails are the Rangers rifles, and the backpacks are from the Kataphron. The bits I added to my already kit bashed unit filler (now Doom-Flayer) are from the Kastelan.

The warpfire-throwers on the Rat Ogres are part of the plastic kit, while the weapons team is the old metal warpfire thrower :D

Thanks so much for this! I've been looking for ways to convert my own versions of these guys for a while. I love the way inspiration is shared on this site!

Thanks guys!

Painting has been a bit slow lately. I've been busy transferring most of my paints to dropper bottles. The Rat Ogors and the "doom-flair" are done though. I'll try to get som pictures tomorrow. In the meanwhile, here are some pictures of the boys first outing.

2016-10-25 19.14.27.jpg

2016-10-25 19.14.32 (1).jpg

2016-10-25 19.14.37.jpg

2016-10-25 19.14.42.jpg

Take and hold 1K versus Khorne. I REALLY understand the accusations of Skryre cheese-mongery after trying them out. Hopefully Moulder will get a battle tome at some point, but until then the warplightneng cannon will probably be staying in its box.

I take a few days off after a weekend's gaming and this thread just keeps getting better and better! The bases look even better on the battlefield vs Khorne.

My only critique is that the old Necrarch familiar with the staff (and absolutely lovely model I'd forgotten existed) should have his head swapped out for one of the skaven skulls from the old clanrat sprue you can get ahold of them:

P1010014.JPG

33 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I take a few days off after a weekend's gaming and this thread just keeps getting better and better! The bases look even better on the battlefield vs Khorne.

My only critique is that the old Necrarch familiar with the staff (and absolutely lovely model I'd forgotten existed) should have his head swapped out for one of the skaven skulls from the old clanrat sprue you can get ahold of them:

P1010014.JPG

Hahaha! Wish I'd have thought of that!

I managed to finish the Jezzail teams tonight.

2016-10-31 23.16.45.jpg

Not my best paint job ever, but it got the job done.

And with that, the entire army is painted! Complete army picture;

2016-10-31 23.23.02.jpg

Third completed army this year, and first totally completed one that I'm keeping for myself :D 

I have no upgrades planned for this army any time soon, so I guess that's it for this thread. Thank you all for watching, and I'll see you in the next one! 

You're a painting machine! You remind me of somebody...another painting machine... :)

While I won't be doing 3 armies (does Malifaux count?) I'm planning on adding to may Skaven, though they will be another sister clan.

2 hours ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Quick question on the Jezzails, how did you manage to get the shield arm off of the clanrat bodies? did you just cut/grind it down in order to get the Skitarii arms on?

Yeah. Since the position of the rifle would cover most of it anyways I just used an exacto knife and cut the shield arm off.

:o Wow!

Great to see the army 'finished' (no army is ever truly finished ;) ). All the new conversions look really slick painted, to the point you can't really tell they are conversions (both the best kind of conversion and the one that will get you the least compliments, a kind of poisoned chalice). And the paintwork and bases are enviably great.

I'm in love with your doom flayer and acolytes.

Archived