The Painting Contract - March 2022

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for March 2022, it’s a delayed month because February was way too short!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

This month I will pledge sixty skeleton warriors and two units of sybarite archers to be painted up to Battle Ready status, as a part of my War of Funerary Delights campaign (link included below). I also plan on beginning my Nagash kit bash/proxy OC model: Sekhubis the Joyful Mourner (made from Kairos Fateweaver and Gobbsprak, Mouth of Mork). Anything else will be a bonus.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1

I'm going to paint -

3 Annihilators 

10 more Zombies - this batch of 10 has all the guys with tombstones on their backs which I haven't been looking forward to for some reason, maybe be a bit of a struggle...

Then I want to build the rest of my Dominion Stormcast - 5 Vindictors, the wizard lady and big banner guy.

My last thing for this month is pledging to not buy any new models!

Edit - changed my mind. I don't want to paint Zombies. I want to paint Belakor! Doing him instead

Edited by RandyRyan

March will be totally filled with latex and leather, there's a LARP coming up and I'm one of the few that repairs weapons these days (for next time, I'll set a maximum, I'm not making anything off it so I should say "no" more often, but people not having stuff saddens me.

23 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Need one more range painted up and then it's on to the next squad.

Battle Standard for now - will continue toward parade standard nearer to all three ranger units being completed.

Work continues apace.

9iGidf6.jpg

zep8kAf.jpg

hKrM5Ks.jpg

XmGONJ9.jpg

4BkQvr9.jpg

KgstpwL.jpg

RV0Pzjo.jpg

KaIGGk4.jpg

dFDpicH.jpg

2g7Vp1H.jpg

How are you doing the darker red? Some pictures it almost looks metallic and I am really digging it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lavieth said:

How are you doing the darker red? Some pictures it almost looks metallic and I am really digging it.

The bodysuits on the rangers are Mephiston red, thinned flesh tearers red glaze, then a caroburg crimson wash.

Now the vehicles are a metallic red. They a combination of turbodork metallic paints over a gloss black undercoat.

Redrum, spicy meatball, and then Sakura ,and a final layer of peachy keen. It's faster through an airbrush, but youncan build up by brush too.

Hope that helps you and thanks :) !

46 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

The bodysuits on the rangers are Mephiston red, thinned flesh tearers red glaze, then a caroburg crimson wash.

Now the vehicles are a metallic red. They a combination of turbodork metallic paints over a gloss black undercoat.

Redrum, spicy meatball, and then Sakura ,and a final layer of peachy keen. It's faster through an airbrush, but youncan build up by brush too.

Hope that helps you and thanks :) !

That certainly does. Thank you for taking the time to share. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lavieth said:

That certainly does. Thank you for taking the time to share. 

No problem!

I should also add that when getting to the Sakura and Peachy keen, I'm using smaller and smaller layers, focused more toward the center of the jetbike and the front of the fins.

A glaze of blood angels red or thinned flesh tearers red will give you more of that Saim-Hann color in the end too.

Decided to rebase one of the first whfb models i ever painted for AoS.
Chopped up the square bases and put them on round ones and used the broken square bases as debris with some greenstuff.
The paint job could use an upgrade but i think i'll keep them as is for old times sake.

troll3.jpg.ab6957b1c1b41d8999c4e72a140fb27c.jpg

troll1.jpg

troll2.jpg

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1