Emerald life swarm next to a warp lightning cannon will be fun. 

Also considering 4x 10 monks to ping MW with the book of woe and provide aggressive screens. With less enemies on the board due to points increases they may last a bit longer. 

Considering a hell pit with the 4+ save 14 wound mutation as at 240pts it looks relatively cheap. 

Well with the new edition, and those new skaven allegiance rules we got in addition to our already existing ones, I have a feeling that weapon teams will be doing pretty great.

Rattlings are amazing elite killers, when buffed.

with overseer of destruction the +1 damage buff and able to hide inside units of clanrats/Stormvermin theg became pretty great.

The new generic artefact that gives a hero a 5+ ward is also pretty helpful, since before the only way a warlock was able to get such resilients, was only by using the verminous valour commandtrait, and when your looking to buff your rattlings that wasn’t really your plan.

warpfire thrower are more deadly then ever.

not having seen a single points increase and still being able to hide in units of clanrats, while also being able to get a chance of being fired in the first turn (thanks to not being hindered by any deepstrike rule, this unit will burn-burn, any skink, dwarf and elf alike, with a smile of madness.

Yes-yes.

Weapons teams will be amazing this edition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well with the new edition, and those new skaven allegiance rules we got in addition to our already existing ones, I have a feeling that weapon teams will be doing pretty great.

Rattlings are amazing elite killers, when buffed.

with overseer of destruction the +1 damage buff and able to hide inside units of clanrats/Stormvermin theg became pretty great.

The new generic artefact that gives a hero a 5+ ward is also pretty helpful, since before the only way a warlock was able to get such resilients, was only by using the verminous valour commandtrait, and when your looking to buff your rattlings that wasn’t really your plan.

warpfire thrower are more deadly then ever.

not having seen a single points increase and still being able to hide in units of clanrats, while also being able to get a chance of being fired in the first turn (thanks to not being hindered by any deepstrike rule, this unit will burn-burn, any skink, dwarf and elf alike, with a smile of madness.

Yes-yes.

Weapons teams will be amazing this edition.

What do you think about teleporting an Engineer using Skitterleap in front of your enemies, he then casts WLV, you the set up a unit of 60 Clanrats near him with 3 Warpfire Throwers and 3 Ratling Guns. The Engineer then buffs the Ratling Guns and fires everything! 

3 hours ago, Laststand said:

Emerald life swarm next to a warp lightning cannon will be fun. 

Also considering 4x 10 monks to ping MW with the book of woe and provide aggressive screens. With less enemies on the board due to points increases they may last a bit longer. 

Considering a hell pit with the 4+ save 14 wound mutation as at 240pts it looks relatively cheap. 

I was thinking about: Verminlord Warbringer+“Finest Hour“ Heroic Action+Warpbringer’s CA+“Brutal Fury“ Trait+“Things-Bane“ Artifact+“Flaming Weapon“ Spell – about 20 damage against a 4+ save on one turn.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Warplightning cannons went from okish, to pretty great in the new edition.

A mortal wound spewing cannon that has the potential to shoot twice a turn, basically means a ton of mortal wounds for the enemy, and as long as you role averagely, it may be still alive  in the same turn.

Has there been stats changes, or are you refering to the points cost?

My current list - for a Tournament- is 4 Bells, 3x 40 Clanrats, 2x Warpfire Throwers, and 1x 6 Giant Rats.

Did ok in the first and only 3.0 game I played, Played Frontal Assault vs Fyreslayers.

I was expecting to be just destroyed my Fyreslayers, ended up winning on points and objectives- as well as getting, holding and keeping the objectives.

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

Has there been stats changes, or are you refering to the points cost?

Well they got an 5points increase.

compared with other units, from other armies that isn’t  really bad.

and when you’ e got the chance to unleash hell twice in the same turn with two different warplightning cannons (one time through the battailon) that unit or hero can really take a good amount of damage.

from a theory, the warplightning cannon should do well in this new edition.

In practice, I sadly don’t yet know if that will be true.

Although playing a third edition game next Saturday, it sadly won’t be with my rats 

Hi guys, first list I'm going to try.

Sorry if I don't know the English name of some stuff 😬

Battalion: vanguard (1 more cp, 1 more enchantments) 

Verminlord warpseer - 335

-spells: flaming weapon, ghost-mist

Grey seer - 140

-spells: death frenzy, skitterleap

-artefact: skavenbrew

Arch warlock - 175 

-spells: MMMWP, chain warp lightning

-General: skryre repeat hit

-artefact: amulet of destiny (new one, ward save 5+)

20 Clanrats -130

20 Clanrats - 130

Battalion: hunters of the hearth lands (gh battalion) 

60 clanrats - 390 

Warpfire thrower - 70

6 Stormfiends - 630

-2 ratling, 2 windlaunchers, 2 cac 

So thanks to the vanguard battalion (in my opinion best battalion for skaven with the artillery one) we got access to a second enchantment and 1 more cp, in this way we got 2 spells for each wizard and a second artefact and I am not totally sure of my choices here. 

In the second battalion we got immunity from monstrous rampage. 

Unfortunately I got space with this list to only 1 Warpfire. There are some changes could be done like downgrading Arch warlock to a Bombardier and got 50 pts for an endless spell. Also another thing could be playing screaming bell instead of warpseer+Grey seer and we got other 210 pts that I should anyway spend on an hero for get access to vanguard battalion and also I want to play at least 1 monster. 

With the double spell on Grey seer I think this battalion is really busted (skitterleap+death frenzy or could choose to swap one of this with the spell the breaks coherency). 

Actually listing without FAQ is not easy but for the moment I want to try something like that, any suggestions? 

Edit: Holy guys I realized now that we have a command trait masterclan that steal command points at 6. With all this command points being generated could be really great some turn take from the opponent 1 or more command points and negating him in this way some abilities

Edited by Yes-yes warpstone

With the bonus enhancement from your batallion you dont get both extra artifact and extra spell, I'm pretty sure you have to pick only one type of enhancement for the batallion bonus. Its also called warlord and not vanguard batallion :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 3:35 AM, Noserenda said:

So im assuming my Old World Eshin army continues to be a pile of suck? Need to crack on rebasing them anyhow :)

Actually they are pretty decent meatshields.

if they went down 5-20 points, I could see myself using night runners as a kind of alpha strike screening

ps: and then there are few skaventide player which did actually pretty great at a tournament with just plain eshin.

Something I am currently really enjoying sbout clans eshin, is their verminlord and the gnawbomb, which can now just make any terrain piece impassable,

Just think how annoying this can be for your enemy

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1