Brewz, Bruise and BBQ: Ironjawz WIP

Dez

I'm not quite sure why I don't have a progress log here in the Destruction forum, so here we go! I have tons built, and finally gotten some stuff finished (or nearly so in the case of the Brutes. I'm just going to drop a couple pics off here, you can see more in the Gallery or my blog here 

large.IMG_3493.jpglarge.IMG_3496.jpglarge.IMG_3509.jpglarge.IMG_3513.jpg

Ok more WIP!

Here is Pepto the aBismol...yeah, he is that pink. I wanted to create an albino Mawkrusha. Thing is, I wasn't sure how I was going to achieve that, and put it off for a while. Well last night I just told myself I'm not getting anywhere sitting still, and started putting some paint on him. I'm also going to try and have him finished for early next week...and if anyone has a house to maintain, family, job, etc...you know I'm not gonna sleep! :)

All tips and feedback are really appreciated. I'm thinking of going through and painting all the spikes/horns/teeth a warm brown to black blend. I think it needs more tonal variation, so I'm thinking of doing some markings/spots that follow warm>to black blend/gradation.

large.IMG_3518.JPGlarge.IMG_3519.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Malakithe said:

Where is oregon?

You make me think I live somewhere all exotic! Its cold in the winters, hot in the summers. The climate is similar to france or germany, cept the eastern half of the state where there is a big desert.  Its on the west coast of USA, one of the best states I might add, pot is legal!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon

• 3 weeks later...

@Dez,

Apologies, during my absence I haven't had a chance to properly look through here! Regardless though, I don't tend to look at pic heavy threads at work haha!! I've just had a scan and man, I'm really impressed. Your stuff is very nice. Some cool conversions as well. Enjoyed the Warchanter on Twitter yesterday.

I'll make an exception to my usual rule of no TGA in the evenings and have a proper look over this later in the week.

Again, really impressed bro. Keep up the great work.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Great to see this guy finished! If you add another please give him a drumset made out of Stormcast helmets, end of Return of the Jedi style.

Next one is going to be playing a guitar, I'm planning on having the full classic Slayer lineup :)

56 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Dez,

Apologies, during my absence I haven't had a chance to properly look through here! Regardless though, I don't tend to look at pic heavy threads at work haha!! I've just had a scan and man, I'm really impressed. Your stuff is very nice. Some cool conversions as well. Enjoyed the Warchanter on Twitter yesterday.

I'll make an exception to my usual rule of no TGA in the evenings and have a proper look over this later in the week.

Again, really impressed bro. Keep up the great work.

Chris I totally understand, glad you were able to swing through :) I've been tweeting a little bit, mostly on Monday and Wednesday. It's been really surprising, I've had a great response so far!

51 minutes ago, Dez said:

Chris I totally understand, glad you were able to swing through :) I've been tweeting a little bit, mostly on Monday and Wednesday. It's been really surprising, I've had a great response so far!

Glad you've been enjoying Twitter having taken the plunge. It really is a great place to be for Warhammer and you can use #miniaturemonday and #wipwednesday to really motivate yourself (and others). Hitting them weekly with new pics is a great feeling...need to get back into the swing of things myself.

Archived