How would u use the old Nagash model?

Greven

I have a similar conundrum with old Verminlord.  Half the size of the new one... was thinking of making it some sort of super rat ogre??

Since it's smaller it would have made for a nice Verminlord Deceiver.... but its got the glaive, might be able to kitbash?

9 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Headswap on new Nagash. Will look baller and make all other death players mad jealous. Continue to do this with all Gary Morley Undead models until you have created a small shrine. Alternatively stab your opponent with it if you find yourself loosing at a tournament and pray for lead poisoning.

But a headswap will remove the sweet bone/spine-beard the new model has. 

....unless you intend for him to swap the new head on to the old body, at which point I'm fairly certain the General's handbook law of ones states that it's perfectly legal in matched play. But he has to be taken on a square base.

17 hours ago, Greven said:

Currently i have one, and i don't know if i should sell it, or keep

it for vintage purposes and maybe a little for gaming.

If used for gaming, how would u use the model and what for?

I would put it in a sock and use it for intimidation of opponents.  

If you don't play fair I'm going to take my secret ugly beast out of the sock. :D

Use him as Nagash.

Put him on a new Nagash sized base.

A little wire and hot glue and you should be able to create swirling spirits to lift him up.  Maybe even mount him on a palanquin made of bones and have the spirits lifting that (because palanquins are awesome).

To beef about the base if the swirling spiritis aren't enough, add a bunch (I'm thinking 20-30) of skeleton and zombie arms punching through the ground as a testament to his sheer Undeady-ness.

Actually... I like that idea so much I may start looking for an old Nagash model myself.  Sure, he's ugly... but he's ugly to the point of glorious.

Old Nagash is the Sharknado of Warhammer minis.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's what you do.  Get the exact height measurement of the new Nagash; that's your goal for the height of your old Nagash conversion.  Now buy a Khorne Bloodbound army and cut off every skull you find.  You then use the skulls to create a mountain of skulls to the height needed to elevate old Nagash to height of new Nagash.  I figure it should take maybe 1 Wrathmonger and a 11 Bloodreavers, or the backdoor on the Chaos Dreadhold to get the requisite number of skulls.

This prevents any modelling for advantage/LoS issues and has the added benefit of being extremely tedious!

On 9/6/2016 at 10:41 AM, Irisado said:

If I ever decide to field Nagash, which is unlikely, I will just use the old model, since I have it and it would be a shame not to.  Yes, it looks somewhat dated, but it's nowhere near as bad as some claim ;).

I have both models and plan to field them both on one base and call the small one MiniMeNagash.

Archived