Question

Hello,

Me and my brothers bought some old units a couple years back and finaly about to bring them to battle. But, as brothers winning and loosing is everything so we need balance acording to rules.

I cant find anywhere the points/per modell for the dwarf warriors and quarellers also the Empire master enginer/gunmaster?

Sry for being newb, thanks on beforehand.

14 answers to this question

4 hours ago, jamie.white said:

Legend units can be found here 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

Looked trough them but could not find the specifik units.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I'd use the Freeguild Guard for warriors, Crossbowmen for quarrelers and Handgunners for thunderers, and cogsmith for the engineer.

Thanks, good option. The guard and warriors seems like a good match when i watch their scroll but feels like quarrelers are a bit stronger then crossbowmen. But I could be completle wrong about that. 

Also could not find the warscroll for Empire master enginer/gunmaster, only one on mechanical steed, same but witouth mount?

On 3/13/2021 at 6:42 PM, Gurgamel said:

Hello,

Me and my brothers bought some old units a couple years back and finaly about to bring them to battle. But, as brothers winning and loosing is everything so we need balance acording to rules.

I cant find anywhere the points/per modell for the dwarf warriors and quarellers also the Empire master enginer/gunmaster?

Sry for being newb, thanks on beforehand.

Do you have the Generals Handbook 2020?  In the legends section of the Point Booklet are points for the units that don't have uptodate Warscrolls anymore.

For the warscrolls you either need the AoS App or the old Grand Alliance Books.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:50 PM, Gurgamel said:

Thanks, good option. The guard and warriors seems like a good match when i watch their scroll but feels like quarrelers are a bit stronger then crossbowmen. But I could be completle wrong about that. 

Also could not find the warscroll for Empire master enginer/gunmaster, only one on mechanical steed, same but witouth mount?

The Legends lists include either the modelranges of the old world in some cases and in other cases they include the models that weren't printed in the Grand Alliance Books.

Thats the reason why you don't find the gunmaster in the compendium after it was printed as part of the Ironweld Arsenal in the Grand Alliance Order Book.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, jamie.white said:

Legend units can be found here 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

The issue is that that wasn't complete at the time, and was made before removing half of the Cities options (dark elves included) about four months later.

So now the Thunderer and Dwarf Warriors (as well as militia, archers, general on a horse or with sensible weapons, dwarf cannon or organ gun, war altar etc) exist in limbo between the legends and Cities.

Since a year and a half has passed since dumping the stuff and no effort was made to have them land somewhere, assume GW will not do that.

@EMMachine, Ok so then i guess its buy material we need, found a digital copy in the app, also found the gunmaster there. Thanks (y)

@TheCovenLord,  ok so i dont just take the minimum and divied it per model? So a 10 minimum unit stack cant be 11 or 16?

@zilberfrid, Good hassel to find the dwarfs. Split all over the place, disspossed and free city... I like the combat rules, simpel enough but damn all around is like mash potatoes with raisin.

Note that you can field a unit of, say, 11 Freeguild guard, but they would cost you as much as 20.

In friendly games, just use points per model, round up if you need to (though I don't think there are fractional units). You will probably not want to go to tournaments anyway.

On 3/16/2021 at 6:45 AM, zilberfrid said:

Note that you can field a unit of, say, 11 Freeguild guard, but they would cost you as much as 20.

In friendly games, just use points per model, round up if you need to (though I don't think there are fractional units). You will probably not want to go to tournaments anyway.

That is very good to know.

Got the app, and did sub wich answerd all my original questions! (y)
Warriors cost 90p/10m, Quarrellers 120p/10m and Gunmaster 80p.

Also in the app the Longbeards cost 100p/10m and in the city of sigmar pdf they cost 110p/10m. What will always be the most up to date?

22 minutes ago, Gurgamel said:

That is very good to know.

Got the app, and did sub wich answerd all my original questions! (y)
Warriors cost 90p/10m, Quarrellers 120p/10m and Gunmaster 80p.

Also in the app the Longbeards cost 100p/10m and in the city of sigmar pdf they cost 110p/10m. What will always be the most up to date?

The points of the book will change around a bit to balance. 100 points is accurate. I normally check here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ not always perfect, but updated relatively quickly.

And yes, your Warriors could also just be Longbeards or Ironbreakers, they are old enough to have appropriate beards!

Edited by zilberfrid

On 3/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, Gurgamel said:

@TheCovenLord,  ok so i dont just take the minimum and divied it per model? So a 10 minimum unit stack cant be be 11 or 16?

No you do not. You can take fewer miniatures than the listed minimum but it will still cost the same as the minimum.

Ex: Say a unit is made up of 5 models for 100 points and you can have a unit of maximum 40 models.

If I wanted to field 10 models it would be 200 points

If I wanted to field 8 models it would still be 200 points as you are paying for them in increments of minimum unit size regardless of whether you have the models or not.

If I wanted to field the maximum of 40 it would be 800 points and I could not elect to add more to the unit as its "capacity" is 40.

There are some units which have a "horde discount" if you max out the unit size. This will be listed in their points profile (either in the army book, GHB or points FAQ list on the warhammer website where they do points revisions a few times a year).

In this case units would be listed as being fielded as units composed of 5 models to a maximum of 40 models and points costs would look like: 100/700 (where you are getting a 100 points discount for maximizing the unit).

• Thanks 1

New question, seen some warscrolls of a singel model say that it can have a horse(mount) for increased effect. Like +move and additional attacks. But i saw no extra points for it, so why have a choice if its only positiv? Like no drawbacks.

Same with musican and standard bearer, since acording to the rules model holding it counts as also having regular weapons. 

49 minutes ago, Gurgamel said:

New question, seen some warscrolls of a singel model say that it can have a horse(mount) for increased effect. Like +move and additional attacks. But i saw no extra points for it, so why have a choice if its only positiv? Like no drawbacks.

Same with musican and standard bearer, since acording to the rules model holding it counts as also having regular weapons. 

Newer warscrolls don't have that anymore, it was just a way to have less warscrolls to deal with. Legends isn't that balanced.

Musicians and standard bearers normally have a "1 per 10" or similar, but yeah, you want as many as you can get, though you yourself can choose which models to take away, and you'll take leader, standard and musician last.