what do i need more? help!

ChaoSwede

Hey all need alittle help here got alot of stormcast in xmas gift and so on, what do i need more?

what i have is

10 judicars 
13 secitours 
10 vand guard hunters
1 lord exorcist
1 lord aquilor
1 knight incantor
3 aeterewings
20 gryph hound
3 vanguard palador
3 vanguard raptors
5 evocauters
6 evoucaters on dragon thingi
1 Lord Veritant
1 lord ordinator
3 castigors

most of this is unbuilt so far working on building them as we speak ;)   have one balista on the way aswell ;) 

any tips or ideas is welcomed!!

thank you have a great day

Best tip: finish building what you have and play with those first. After that you'll know what you need.

Think you already have a whole lot to make armies with.  

The only obvious one is that you might want some liberators (5 or 10) to make up cheap battlelines. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Evantas said:

Best tip: finish building what you have and play with those first. After that you'll know what you need.

Think you already have a whole lot to make armies with.  

The only obvious one is that you might want some liberators (5 or 10) to make up cheap battlelines. 

agree on the liberators.

ohter ideas for "safe" buys in more or less descending order:

-A lord castellant (it goes in many different lists)

-5 more foot evocators to have a unit of 10 (which is a true hammer, as opposed to a unit of 5)

-Other useful and flexible support heroes (again, can use in many different lists): knight azyros, knight heraldor, lord relictor, knight vexillor, gavriel sureheart

-Some version of Lord arcanum to make those sequitors battleline if you want to: finding one on gryph charger on ebay is probably the cheapest option, or buying astreia solbirhgt (and use her as the generic version) which would go very well together with the 6 evocators on dracoline you already have

-Grow the vanguard raptors (to 9) or the ballistas (to 3 or 4) to make them proper hammers

• Like 1

I agree with what mentioned above. I started a similar topic and I would like to give a little piece of advice as I am in the same position. Castellant for sure +1 save and heal so it is basically a FNP for wounds if I am not mistaken. I don't know about evos, they are really storng in attack but I lost 4 of them when 8 Hearthguard rolled 6 6s on chance to hit. I suggest (as I ve done) 15 Libs and 10 Judies and you deploy them as you wish. They are battleline so they are always usefull. I use arcanum on a gryph charge cause I like the miniature a lot and he buffs Sequitors. For shooting although I initially was thinking about ballistas I started thinking Raptors with LongStrikes.  Heroes are really situational. I bought a Lord-Celestant, nice support and a Relictor, Translocation is especially usefull for stormkeep, and maybe vexillor or heraldor. A UNIT OF AETHERWINGS IS A TOTAL MUST. 

I hope I helped you.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 4:22 PM, Thanos-se said:

I agree with what mentioned above. I started a similar topic and I would like to give a little piece of advice as I am in the same position. Castellant for sure +1 save and heal so it is basically a FNP for wounds if I am not mistaken. I don't know about evos, they are really storng in attack but I lost 4 of them when 8 Hearthguard rolled 6 6s on chance to hit. I suggest (as I ve done) 15 Libs and 10 Judies and you deploy them as you wish. They are battleline so they are always usefull. I use arcanum on a gryph charge cause I like the miniature a lot and he buffs Sequitors. For shooting although I initially was thinking about ballistas I started thinking Raptors with LongStrikes.  Heroes are really situational. I bought a Lord-Celestant, nice support and a Relictor, Translocation is especially usefull for stormkeep, and maybe vexillor or heraldor. A UNIT OF AETHERWINGS IS A TOTAL MUST. 

I hope I helped you.

longstrikes and aetherwings for sure.

castellant heal is not a FNP as the unit needs to be damaged for the heal to work (it won't proc on the round a wound is allocated iirc). our biggest hope in a new battletome is more widespread FNP on the superhuman faction...

you can proxy sequitors as hammer liberators without doing anything, so if you already have Sacrosanct (Soul Wars) units then buy other kits like longstrike before buying liberators.

seconded on the relictor; 3 main heroes are him, castellant, and the knight incantor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

longstrikes and aetherwings for sure.

castellant heal is not a FNP as the unit needs to be damaged for the heal to work (it won't proc on the round a wound is allocated iirc). our biggest hope in a new battletome is more widespread FNP on the superhuman faction...

you can proxy sequitors as hammer liberators without doing anything, so if you already have Sacrosanct (Soul Wars) units then buy other kits like longstrike before buying liberators.

seconded on the relictor; 3 main heroes are him, castellant, and the knight incantor.

What I meant with the castellant is that if you have a 7+ which his +1 along with stormkeep or staunch defender you can have it on 4+, heals the wounds that are going to be allocated. If you take damage without a save roll then you can't dish out the MW. If i have understood it correctly.

That's not how it works, the Castellant heal only works on wounds suffered BEFORE the current attacks. On Liberators% Sequitors you can only ever heal 1w max with castellant.

The longer version: At the moment you make the saves the wounds from the current series of attacks are not allocated to the models (yet) as that happens after the saves are taken. So you can't heal those.

FNP style abilities on the other hand are worded to prevent the wounds from being allocated at all, not healing previously allocated wounds. If that makes sense :D

It's a bit like the old MTG mechanic, gain life and prevent damage.

Edited by Lucur
  • Like 1

Let me see if I got it right. I have buffed a unit eith Castellant's latern. That unit has also staunch defender and a 4+ save on warscroll. So if I am under attack for example I have to roll 10 dices with no rend. Normally I save at 4+ but now I save at 2+. From the 10 dices I fail the 3 of them but I roll also 2 dices on 5. Concerning the three failed save rolls I have to allocate at my unit 3 wounds (if each attack has 1 damage characteristic). BUT due to my 2 dices on a 5 (which turns to 7 with staunch and latern) I can heal 2 wounds which would be allocated to my unit if I hadn't buffed it with the latern. 

12 hours ago, Thanos-se said:

Let me see if I got it right. I have buffed a unit eith Castellant's latern. That unit has also staunch defender and a 4+ save on warscroll. So if I am under attack for example I have to roll 10 dices with no rend. Normally I save at 4+ but now I save at 2+. From the 10 dices I fail the 3 of them but I roll also 2 dices on 5. Concerning the three failed save rolls I have to allocate at my unit 3 wounds (if each attack has 1 damage characteristic). BUT due to my 2 dices on a 5 (which turns to 7 with staunch and latern) I can heal 2 wounds which would be allocated to my unit if I hadn't buffed it with the latern. 

as others have said, healing happens before wounds allocation, there is also an old order FAQ explaining this

image.png.df1f65dd0073965dbb226e355dff9e21.png

This topic comes out so often on Facebook SCE groups that I have written this algorithm to explain, hope it helps:

1) note down how many wounds the unit has already suffered before rolling saves
2) Roll saves, for each 7+ save :
     2.a) if the number at step 1 is 0 (zero) nothing happens
     2.b) if the numer at step 1 is 1 or greater, heal 1 wound up to a maximum of X wounds where X is the number obtained at step 1
3) allocate wounds resulting from the attack as normal

So it is as I said. Even if the ability says on a model, since you allocate the wounds at one model until it is slain, first you heal the wounds for the sevens you rolled and then you allocate the rest of the wounds.

The errata you posted above says, you first heal the wounds...then apply the damage.

@Lucur  or @Marcvs if you can explain me with an exact example. Assuming no unit have suffered wounds. I have buffed a unit of liberators with staunch defender and the latern. My libs save at 2+.  An enemy unit of 10 models with one attack characteristic, no rend and 2 damage characteristic, attacks my libs.

The enemy unit passes all of its 10 attacks and now I have to roll my saves. I roll 3 7s , 5 5s and I fail the rest. Normally I would allocate 4 wounds. (My perception is that a wound is allocated after the save roll according to damage characteristic, the save roll is used to prevent the attack and the following damage consequently). Due to my 3 7s how many wounds I have to allocate on my models??? My hypothesis is only one since I have healed the rest of them.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Thanos-se

4 hours ago, Thanos-se said:

So it is as I said. Even if the ability says on a model, since you allocate the wounds at one model until it is slain, first you heal the wounds for the sevens you rolled and then you allocate the rest of the wounds.

The errata you posted above says, you first heal the wounds...then apply the damage.

@Lucur  or @Marcvs if you can explain me with an exact example. Assuming no unit have suffered wounds. I have buffed a unit of liberators with staunch defender and the latern. My libs save at 2+.  An enemy unit of 10 models with one attack characteristic, no rend and 2 damage characteristic, attacks my libs.

The enemy unit passes all of its 10 attacks and now I have to roll my saves. I roll 3 7s , 5 5s and I fail the rest. Normally I would allocate 4 wounds. (My perception is that a wound is allocated after the save roll according to damage characteristic, the save roll is used to prevent the attack and the following damage consequently). Due to my 3 7s how many wounds I have to allocate on my models??? My hypothesis is only one since I have healed the rest of them.

Thanks in advance.

There is one piece of information missing from your example to provide a complete answer: is there any damaged liberator in your unit *before* the attacks (so, a liberator on one wound).

Assuming that your liberators are all at full health here is the answer: you heal 0 wounds and allocate 4, losing 2 liberators.

This is because, when you activate the heal you have suffered 0 wounds so you cannot heal anything. After this, you allocate the 4 wounds from the attacks.

• Thanks 2

If that was the case the errata would not stated the word "the rest", since that is referred, it means you can heal the present attacks. Otherwise it wouldn't be necessary to say "the rest". It would just have said heal and then allocate the wounds. Not heal the rest. 

Sorry for insisting on this. I just want to clarify it.

No dude, the FAQ is pretty clear: first you heal wounds then you apply damage from failed saves. No healing damage that isnt applied yet and no healing after damage is applied. The ability doesn't prevent damage beforehand.

Only if your unit suffered damage before the attack was made, you can heal that much damage back if you rolled that many or more 7+. Then you lose wounds according to failed saves.

You cannot heal wounds with the lantern if there are no current wounds on the model.

lib with 1 wound takes 3 wounds you first heal your lib to full health when you rol that lantern save and the. He dies to the remaining 2 damage. If you had al those libs on full health and you take 3 damage the. You got 2 dead liberator and 1 liberator on 1 health