Help me decide   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which army should I expand?

• Tzeentch
    • Sylvaneth
    • Ynnari Eldar
    • Nighthaunt
    • And now for something completely different

Night haunt are pretty common so you can snag them cheap off mini exchanges/ebay. They look good and are probably top of the line for a newish tome this coming year so I would expect them to be even better coming up. 

Legion of Grief can hang with the big boys even though they are on the weaker end right now. 

• Like 1

I tried looking for it but they are charging 30 US dollars an issue on eBay and I live in the States so we don’t get a chance to subscribe to it.  I’m totally down to get a huge nighthaunt collection of that’s the way the wind blows lol.  
I really appreciate everyone’s vote so far.

7 minutes ago, Gorthor21 said:

I tried looking for it but they are charging 30 US dollars an issue on eBay and I live in the States so we don’t get a chance to subscribe to it.  I’m totally down to get a huge nighthaunt collection of that’s the way the wind blows lol.  
I really appreciate everyone’s vote so far.

Ebay might only be showing you the "scalper" type stores that rarely sell. You might find more luck asking around local facebook and forum trade groups to see if anyone is willing to trade and post them over to you (accepting that right now international post is much slower than normal) 

Every time that I have traded with folks on sites like dakka swap shop or whatever I always had someone trying to get the better of me so I try and stay away from that.  Once traded 10,000 points of fantasy skaven for 500 dollars worth of warmachine models and I regret it all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted NightHaunt. They got great entries right now between cheap Easy-to-builds, warbands and the Malign Portents starter sets. Great stuff to grab before AoS3 hits.

They're an excellent army easy to paint, pretty powerful with potential for more attention later and to get narratively creative with by showing where they're haunting, what realm they adapted to and if they're a standing force controlling a new land or still invading letting you pick any kind of base terrain.

Plus if you double back to Tzeentch (or even flip to Sylvaneth) they'd be fun to paint in Tzeentch flames(or Life spirit greens) for a corrupted force to proxy with as daemons/spites/etc.

Edited by Baron Klatz

I’ve got a force of nighthaunt already from a while ago that I wouldn’t mind getting back to working on.  So far I have one of all the units and lady olynder but I would love to do as you say and expand into all the endless spells from shyish from the malign sorcery and what not.  Maybe get a few duplicates of some of the sets or some cheap stuff off eBay.  I also have an idea to convert a few different guardians of souls that would be fun as well as getting the craven king.

the lore I have come up with for my arcanites revolves around them being servants of a gaunt summoner who has a penchant for collecting arcana and tomes from all around the mortal realms and I figured that would be a good tie in to my nighthaunt being guardians of some powerful artifacts or a breached storm vault they are campaigning to capture.  I like the idea of a silver tower popping around the realms like the bad moon and the myriad forces of chaos trapped within its labyrinth corridors coming out to seize artifacts of power for their twisted master. 
I also came up with some lore for a flying island city and even wrote a little fanfic piece you can find in my blog but I haven’t been motivated to expand on it much.

Edited by Gorthor21
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

I also have an idea to convert a few different guardians of souls that would be fun as well as getting the craven king.

Ohh, since you have Lady Olynder you could play on how they're betrothed  to eachother and give them matching patterns or artifacts to show that (terrifying) union.

Hope you find motivation to write more about your flying city, those are my favorite things in fantasy settings. :D