Chaos warrior alternative suggestions?

MOMUS

Hi everybody

Im flirting with the idea of a chaos mortal warband, but I'm struggling with the core warrior units.

Im looking for some good models to use as chaos (undivided) warriors, something as badass as bloodwarriors or blight kings...

Any suggestions?

The current GW warriors are very dated and static. The AOW ones are great for their price , but sadly, if you're in a 'GW only' situation, that's a no go.

Once GW re-vamps the woc infantry to match the quality of the Bloodbound or silver tower, they'll be back on top. 

While I fancy the regular Chaos Warriors, I think you could also make some mean looking ones by combining the Blood Warriors with the Chaos Warriors kits and scraping off the more obvious Khorne stuff from the Blood Warriors.

So you could use the Chaos Warrior heads, shields and maybe weapons with the Blood Warrior bodies essentially.

Otherwise there aren't a whole lot of options.

Combine Stormcast Eternals, with Chaos Knight Shoulder pads, heads and shields and a variety of different Chaos Weapons for a larger, bulkier Chaos Warrior. You can also bring in parts from the Chaos Space Marines as well, where it's appropriate (again, cut down or modified shoulder pads, and heads).

The image below is a little rough and ready, as it's converted from the free Stormcast that came on the intro to AoS, but should give an idea

20160826_033454.jpg

Yeah the conversions are really easy to do like that. I've done a few myself.

To keep the shield pose but if you want to use another shield, (say the manticore one, varanguard, blightkings or even warriors, just cut the shield away from the arm and elbow joint, neaten it up some an "jobs a goodin"

the head, you'll typically need a special character head or elite troop, as the chaos warriors are a bit small for the body,

The weapon is kinda easy to replace, I cut the hand off the stormcast model, and use the hand attached to the weapon, but you don't have to.

I know what you are sayin' but I was fueled by 3rd ed chaos fluff and wanted lots of mutant chaos. The legs and torsos are decent for their time, and with work, compatible with knight/skullcrusher parts as well.

It even has some fascinating mutations though hit and miss. And building on their own? Ugg

But post-AoS all StD stuff looks so static

Archived