The Age of the Bristling Beard!

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

agreed.  They have long ears so will be good for the placement of rings for the overseer chains.

Might be a bit fragile on the work front. ... hmmm, night be ok for food though once the Kdaai have crisped then enough,

Perhaps put them to work making their "great elven works", for the great hoards of treasure of course.

3 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

One mustn't forget about the harvesting of "exotic" materials and soul sacrifices.

actually they'll be the sort of race that have lots of teeth in their mouths, very white jetwashed teeth.

might be a good bargaining tool when dealing with destruction types... they love a bag of teef.

Let it be the War of the Hammer, for elgi taking up the warhammer in parodic mockery of our honourable hammerers is the slight that all Dawi can agree upon. The dwarves of the mountain Karaks have had their mountains turned against then, the Dawi Zharr have had their idol usurped. But all of us from the highest Barak drifting through the clouds of Chamon, to the deepest Fyreslayer lodge have had cause to swing a hammer. The Dawi Zharr build their engines with them, the dwarves of Sigmar's cities still use then to guard their Warden Kings. They are all of ours, and that alone can reunite the sundered clans, and persuade the holds to march with the legions, and the lodges with the skyports. By Grimnir this grudge shall be written in every Drammaz Kron, and we shall march as has not been seen since the age of myth, if not the fabled War of the Beard itself!

Edited by EccentricCircle
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So I’ll be taking some beards to the battlefield in a couple of days.

It may not be against the very hated elgi (or elf-things) but I’ll definitely will be rightening some grudges.4A4E812C-7D75-4B1B-9E0A-C1261C96751C.jpeg.112ed12cc0345a95086eb404c676af58.jpeg

Who'll you be fighting? Good luck to your throng in any case.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A friendship born of the glory of hatitude that was heard throughout the mortal realms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StephaneImbert/status/1312579718554816512

"Stephane Imbert

@StephaneImbert

#inktober day 3, prompt was “Bulky” #warhammer #ageofsigmar"
Ejc4S70XYAAcJCL?format=jpg&name=small
Tales at the Shyish Spirit Inns say they still send invites to Nagash and his Mortarchs for their cultured hat club.
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

For my dawi kin out there who wish dwarves rode BEARS, there is now free and high quality bear models to 3d print, perfect for a dispossessed army that needs a few BEARS!

Thingiverse dwarf on bear
image.png.4f3091495b869b643d0ddb558ccc1056.pngimage.png.49c823c1a954b6d26adcb70f94db633b.png

I know I will print out some of these guys for my army.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Are they going to be Demigryph proxies for your Dispossessed/Cities of Sigmar?

5 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Folks, I am having a hard time figuring whether the old dawi units are legends or not (slayers, unforged, miners, flame cannon, king in throne, etc.). Could anyone help me out, please?

They are. Just look on the Cities of Sigmar unit list. If a human, city aelf(asur/druchii/wanderer), Dispossessed duardin isn't on there then it's a legacy unit.

The AoS app is a great source to use for that. It clearly separates the groups.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

They are. Just look on the Cities of Sigmar unit list. If a human, city aelf(asur/druchii/wanderer), Dispossessed duardin isn't on there then it's a legacy unit.

Thanks a ton! I used the https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

and somehow managed to get miners in a pitched battle list. Cannot replicate it, so there's that.

Yeah, though legacy they haven't been made Matched Play illegal yet like Dark Elves. When that happens they'll get a Legends compendium on the community site. So you can use them for now (the AoS app shows that too by placing them under the "Dwarf" section as the Duardin that didn't make it to Cities of Sigmar).

When they do eventually go there then give the Fyreslayers a look. The Auric Runesmiter channels lava into the ground so him and a unit can do a similar tactic to miners with the added bonus when they surface he buffs up their ur-gold strength.

If you don't want to go full Fyreslayer then you can just proxy your miners as the runesmiter and a fyreslayer unit. Just call them mercenary miners from the realm of fire that picked up a few tricks from Grimnir's kin and maybe spruce them up a bit for the narrative like more candles and magma rocks.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, Baron Klatz said:

Yes, I think they are going to function as demigryphs. Technically I can take 5 different and unique ones, but I think I am going to just use 2 of the base dudes and have a unit of 6. I believe I will go with the weapon option which gives them the -2 rend and extra damage on the charge because even though they are armed with axes not lances, they are on top of armored bears. Should match up well with the giant that I am designing.

Edited by Sttufe

3 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Nice! And a gargant too you say? Is your free city going to be based in the realm of life or narratively proxies somewhere else like Ghur with it's famed Gargant tribes and monstrous bear-like creatures?

Technically everything is desert like, so it comes from the large deserts of Shyish, which seems strange that it isn't really death related but I mostly just wanted desert. Technically not a gargant, it's a colossal animated stone statue recovered from the Age of Myth. Do you think Ghur has a desert, it would be much more fitting than Shyish really. The city is probably a stand in for the one with KO since I kinda have only duardin, but all the duardin.

Edited by Sttufe

1 minute ago, Sttufe said:

Technically everything is desert like, so it comes from the large deserts of Shyish, which seems strange that it isn't really death related but I mostly just wanted desert. Technically not a gargant, it's a colossal animated stone statue recovered from the Age of Myth. Do you think Ghur has a desert, it would be much more fitting than Shyish really.

Canonically all of the mortal realms have deserts. Aqshy, Ghur, Shyish, and I believe Hysh have very prominent desert themed regions, but they deliberately made all of the realms large enough to contain all possible terrains somewhere.

Even Ghyran, which we mostly think of as being really forested and full of life can have regions where that life takes a very different form to the classic (or cliche) sylvan woods. Imagine a desert land full of cactus sylvaneth, jealously destorying anyone who ventures too close to the oases where their soul pods grow, while strange vines and low lying plants prey on the water of those who try to cross the *very* alive sands!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EccentricCircle said:

Canonically all of the mortal realms have deserts. Aqshy, Ghur, Shyish, and I believe Hysh have very prominent desert themed regions, but they deliberately made all of the realms large enough to contain all possible terrains somewhere.

Even Ghyran, which we mostly think of as being really forested and full of life can have regions where that life takes a very different form to the classic (or cliche) sylvan woods. Imagine a desert land full of cactus sylvaneth, jealously destorying anyone who ventures too close to the oases where their soul pods grow, while strange vines and low lying plants prey on the water of those who try to cross the *very* alive sands!

Well then, this city is definitely in Ghur, with it's Great Bears tamed by the duardin and the colossi statues that stand guard over ruins long forgotten. As well as perhaps gecko riding Fyreslayer cavalry. (That's a long way off however, since that require real conversion work.)

• LOVE IT! 1

Yeah, the realm of beasts is actually known for it's great deserts and wastelands.

AoSGenHandbook-Narrative_Image4kvs.jpg

holli-packwood-ghur-screenshot-03.jpg?15

Ghur.webp

In the Realmgate Wars novels the Stormhosts in Ghur usually deal with finding civilizations around it's Sea of Bones, an impossibly vast desert of sinking sand and bone dust which Ironjawz traverse with giant Scrapcogs. Massive iron fortresses with paddle wheels to sail through the sea of sand while shamans cast forcefields over them to protect against Grindworms which are big enough to swallow an Ironjawz and his mount whole. Around the edges of the Sea of Bones are places like the marble city of Jercho whose soldiers wear leather armor and fight with monster bone weapons like Grindworm-teeth arrows due to the realm's lack of metals and the Sanskrit empire with it's reptilian race of people noted for their vicious claws that extend from their knuckles that battle the other civilizations for control around the bone sea.(with your gecko people idea you could even add they traded with the Sanskrit for them as fellow reptiles)

This as EccentricCircle said is one of numerous biomes you can build on as Ghur also has arctic tundras, hungry forests, vast mountain ranges with tribes on the towering peaks as well the labyrinth canyons below, colossal trees which Fyreslayers have carved lodges into like mountains and sky-realms that are a mix of bridged continents to even floating sky oaks kingdoms are built on.
Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2