1. 1. Which skyport are you going with?

• Barak-Nar
    • Barak-Zilfin
    • Barak-Zon
    • Barak-Urbaz
    • Barak-Mhornar
    • Barak-Thrying
    • VANILLA TIME (no skyport/custom)

Hi! So, several days have passed since the release of the new battletome and judging by the KO thread, there's a lot of people going into this faction.

Kharadron Overlords seems to be that sort of faction that depending on which skyport you pick, you have to play an entire different playstyle, so I was wondering which one are you considering to play for (from an early point of view of course) and what makes you think that way.

I'm sure this will help a lot of new people that are interested in the faction with the new release, so... go ahead!

I think Urbaz is one of the clearer winners because of it's extra aethergold output which can make their units incredibly punchy or survivable if used correctly.

Zilfin and Nar are close seconds because of the stronger ship support and anti-magic respectively. Zon can be pretty strong, but I think it's more of a one-trick pony by using large charging blobs of buffed Skywardens. That being said it's the only Skyport that makes Skywardens a viable option when taken en masse.

Thrying could have some fun lists, but Mhornar is mostly useless, which is a shame because that's the Skyport I ran in the last book.

Just my two cents with the few games I've played since the book came out.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, stus67 said:

I think Urbaz is one of the clearer winners because of it's extra aethergold output which can make their units incredibly punchy or survivable if used correctly.

Zilfin and Nar are close seconds because of the stronger ship support and anti-magic respectively. Zon can be pretty strong, but I think it's more of a one-trick pony by using large charging blobs of buffed Skywardens. That being said it's the only Skyport that makes Skywardens a viable option when taken en masse.

Thrying could have some fun lists, but Mhornar is mostly useless, which is a shame because that's the Skyport I ran in the last book.

Just my two cents with the few games I've played since the book came out.

While it's true that extra pieces of aethergold is a pretty powerful mechanic, I don't like at all the rest of abilities when comparing them to Nar, Zilfin or Zon -the endrinwork it's an absolute garbage xDDD- and it can turn to only 1 extra piece. (However I love the gunhauler battleline option) But this is probably 'cause of my style of play so I cannot be objetive with it.

I'll probably go with Zon as I like the combos I see on the battletome (maybe later in game don't work 🤣).

I agree that Mhornar is the most mistreated, I can't find any synergies with them

On 1/16/2020 at 12:57 AM, Kramer said:

I honestly can’t tell without some games first. I’m currently torn between ziflin with iron sky double frigate. 

Yeah, im in the same situation. I didnt get a game in yet but im toying with a Zilfin Iron Sky Squadron and a Ironclad. 

Urbaz is a close second for me as I played them a lot with the last book. 

• Like 1

I’m not really a kharadron player, but considering my hate-hate (particularly meaning love), I do like the skyport thrying.

being able to not only play the kharadrons on their own but also to take other duardin units like hammerers or longbeards (and even Gortrek himself).

makes the unit variation somebody could take with kharadrons so much more interesting.

finally your able to take more then just a single unit into combat and maybe even win!