AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I ma having a game with my S2D VS Sylvaneth soon (trying to give AoS another chance with the new GHB Rules).
Since I've never played the new ones I am at an disadvantage.
Ist there anything I need to know? (All I know is that he likes Durthu-Oneshot-Teleport-Away-Shenanigans)
What do I need to do to counter him?

I want to try a cavalist list:
2x Chaos Sorcerer Lord,  undivided
1 Chaos Lord on d. Steed, Undivided
10 Chosen, Slaanesh
20 Nurgle marked Warriors with the bannner
5 Knights, Khorne
2x 10 Marauders, Nurgle
3 Theridons with big axes, Undivided
1 Chronomatic cogs

Only change I’d make is swap out the Daemonic Mount Lord and Knights for Varanguard if you have them. Knights hitting on 4’s base means they’re pretty trash if your enemy has any to hit debuffs and it then requires too many resources to make them “good” and they still don’t perform the way you’d want 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Only change I’d make is swap out the Daemonic Mount Lord and Knights for Varanguard if you have them. Knights hitting on 4’s base means they’re pretty trash if your enemy has any to hit debuffs and it then requires too many resources to make them “good” and they still don’t perform the way you’d want 

Thanks! I've made the change and was able to squeeze in an exalted hero (the Chaos Lord is 5 points over the limit X_x) so I'll try to get lucky and turn him into a prince which is also just for distraction since princes do nothing XD

Now it looks like this:

Spoiler

2,000 (Chaos - Slaves to Darkness) [1,990pts] ++

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness: Cabalists

+ Leader +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [120pts]: Binding Damnation, General, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Master of Magic
. Arcane Tome (Could be swapped, though I am not sure for what)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [120pts]: Daemonic Speed, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Exalted Hero of Chaos [100pts]: Mark of Chaos Undivided, Rune-etched Blade
Since he becomes a caster he will either get Binding Damnation or the roll on the Gods table spell

+ Battleline +

[Chaos Marauders [85pts]:[10 Chaos Marauders, Barbarian Axes and Darkwood Shields, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Marauders [85pts]: 10 Chaos Marauders, Barbarian Axes and Darkwood Shields, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warriors [440pts]: 20 Chaos Warriors, Hornblower, Mark of Nurgle, Murderous Weapons, Reinforced, Standard Bearer, The Eroding Icon

+ Other +[/b]

Chaos Chosen [480pts]: 10 Chaos Chosen, Mark of Slaanesh, Reinforced

Ogroid Theridons [190pts]:[3 Ogroid Theridons, Goroan Great Axe, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Varanguard [290pts]: 3 Varanguard, 2x Ensorcelled Weapon, Fellspear, Mark of Nurgle (Not sure about the mark here, Khorne could be good, but Nurgle grants them so much more resilience)

+ Game Options +

Game Type:[/b] 2000 Points - Battlehost

Grand Strategy: Bring Ruin to the Realms

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Umbral Spellportal [80pts] (I checked on the cogs again - they're pretty bad now, so I switched for the portal in order to cast binding damnation with a higher range!)

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

I lost but the game was fine. I‘ve got wiped when he received a double turn round 3. the warriors couldn’t tank 6 Kurnoth and Durthu hitting and wounding on 2s twice xD (well wounding on 3s due to nurgle)

M exalted hero became a DP turn 2! And the DP did nothing at all - just as expected XD

1DE69711-672A-4BE5-81E0-050876173A9F.jpeg

The board size was too big since we were a little overwhelmed by the amount of rules to remember, since we just wanted to get going we tossed my old AoS battle mat on the table (72“ x 48“ ?) and started which was also to my disadvantage in the end. (The Varanguard were too far off to contribute to anything and I missplaced my sorceress with Demonic Speed to the other side of the board.... well)

Edit - Report:

his army:

Durthu General

Lady of Vines

Arch Revenant 

Allied Beast Mage

6 Kurnoth hunters (-3 rend weapons)

10 Dryads

10 Spite Revenants

10 Gossamid archers.

His Overgrown Terrain: Three Scenery Pieces diagonally across the map. Objectives were placed the same way.

Szenario: all objectives grant 1 VP except the one of the enemy which grants 2.

Turn one: I took priority but I deployed poorly (too much mental overhead for playing for the first time in months), I messed up the battallions as well since I couldn’t remember all of them + the new ones and then trying to make sense of them 😅 so I had 3 drops, he 6ish.

I deployed my chosen and a Slaanesh Sorceress to the left, he deployed all of his heavy hitters there (after I had finished deoployment). After deployment I realized that it would be almost impossible for him to not reach my chosen and wipe them off the board… so well I had to go for the hail marry and make them chose their deaths -> run and charged up his flank, managed to destroy 10 dryads and the Lady of Vines knowing that the chosen shall soon be chosen no more.

My warriors took the center, protecting the mage and the exalted hero from Durthu (who mathematically could teleport and destroy any unit of my army just to teleport away again) - great fun.

So I screened my Ogroids (right to the warriors) and my Varanguard (right flank) with the Barbarians. My sorceress and the exalted hero harassed his units with the spell portal and the spite tongue curse while casting dark conduit.

His Turn: He overkilled my chosen and my sorceress on the left flank. (One chosen however slew a single Kurnoth hunter and inflicted a wound on another!)

Turn two, we remembered there was a roll off. He won but gave it to me.
I was too far away to do anything. So I took the center for my battle tactic (Gallation Hero needs to contest an objective) and moved the Varanguard up on the right, while still screening them. My Exalted hero cast conduit and rolled an 11. -> DAEMON PRINCE

He teleported durthu close, moved his hunters up. Rolled really well and one-shot my ogroids behind my lines with his Gossamid archers mortal wounds. In combat he slew 6 warriors alltogether (all out defense + 6 ward) Then he teleported away.

Roll off: Charged all my warriors again, roared and they were encircled and he overkilled the warriors. Game over. I would have been able to score once more, putting me at 13 VP but he was close with 8 VP and he has free reign from then on. Without the double turn I would have won (while still being tabled though).

The Tally of the game: My whole army. He lost 1 Kurnoth hunter, his beast mage, the lady of vines, 10 dryads, 1 Gossamid and 1 Spite Revenant.

Thoughts: Sylvaneth Damage and agility is a little absurd, but it was my first game vs them so it was fine.

I lost due to battalion and deployment errors. The double turn was as usual the worst, throwing the game out of whack. 
I find the Lore of Damnation quite lacking - I had a lot of magical power but no powerful spells to use it for.
Chosen were super killy but died super fast as well. they performed very well though I rolled nothing on the gods table 2 out of 3 times (the third time was self healing).
My impression of the book is that it is strong with two major weaknesses: Magic (just no dmg output at all, and super short ranges) and no shooting (which propably was the biggest issue vs Sylvaneth)

Ogroids: They're just too squishy, my opponent plays S2D as well and he said that his Ogroids have also never reached any target since shooting lifted them every time. If the army had a delivery mechanism across a vast distance (looking at you Weird Warp Reality spell) they could shine. At the moment idk how to make them work.
Eye of the gods table: It's very cool, I like it! It's a shame the Daemon Prince is just useless.
Nurgle is just the best mark, period. Slaanesh is very good as well. Idk why Nurgle (my most hated god) gets the good stuff all the time.

I‘ll give AoS another shot (for this season). However it feels clunky and overloaded which makes it way less fun to me. I miss the ease and flow of the previous edition.
However, the current game must be a paradise for competetive minded folks -  it's just too many rules stacked upon another for me - funnily enough 40K has a better flow and is easier to play imo (this was the other way around last edition). 

Question: How does the fight twice of chosen work? Can I only fight if I am within 3" of an enemy? Can I pile in again? It's a really weird rule.

What are your thoughs?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

I believe when they fight a second time it's basically a normal activation so yes you can pile in again. Only point of difference is it's always strike last.

The tree lovers are powerful but they tend to have consistency issues, especially if they're throwing Durthu around. They need the spell for the charge buff to get the 9+ charge into statistically probable territory.

When you factor in that they need to cast the spell, not get unbound, then roll the charge, it's a lot of little hurdles that can trip them up. You can make this harder for them by either getting into the woods and screening them out or staying clear making the charges 10+.

Ultimately, what they really struggle with is holding objectives.

38 minutes ago, Rors said:

I believe when they fight a second time it's basically a normal activation so yes you can pile in again. Only point of difference is it's always strike last.

The tree lovers are powerful but they tend to have consistency issues, especially if they're throwing Durthu around. They need the spell for the charge buff to get the 9+ charge into statistically probable territory.

When you factor in that they need to cast the spell, not get unbound, then roll the charge, it's a lot of little hurdles that can trip them up. You can make this harder for them by either getting into the woods and screening them out or staying clear making the charges 10+.

Ultimately, what they really struggle with is holding objectives.

Thx! So in theory I could have activated again to kill durthu after slaughtering the lady of vines! Good to know. We weren't sure how to play it so I insisted on not using it.

So I would have basically won turn one XD oh how the tides did turn! :_D

Edited by JackStreicher

Also Varanguard can fight twice. If something has binding damnation on it and it is your turn and you are using second activation chosen or Varanguard into that unit your fight last units strike before theirs do so there’s a chance you can wipe the unit before it can even fight at all. 

• Like 1

It’s a weird rule since the wording is different than usual.

As per fight rule I need to be within 3“ of an enemy to fight.

The chosen rule though says „you can fight again“. Is the eligibility step skipped?

so fight a second time though the enemy is outside of 3“?

On my app the wording of the chosen and Varanguard fight twice differs as well. the usual fighting twice abilities have a different wording alltogether (Van Hel's, Old Chaos Lord etc.)

Edited by JackStreicher

On 1/10/2023 at 6:58 PM, Holy_Diver said:

Instead I'm testing this list of Ravagers:

WARLORD:
Daemon Prince
Warqueen
Secrator
Corvus

BATTLE REGIMENT:
Manticore Lord
Sorcerer
20x Splintered
20x Splintered
5x Marauder riders
5x Marauder riders
10x Knights

As soon as I have interesting data, I post them. One thing is certain: being able to spawn destroyed screens in the opponent's turn is very strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skl6N3zGv-s 😥...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I double-checked with the tome. The wording is indeed completely different.

I also sent an E-Mail to the AoS Mail-Adress.

The app isnt updated yet with the new stuff as it just went on pre-order today. Next saturday thou once the new book is out there then the app will be updated

On 1/20/2023 at 9:37 PM, Malakithe said:

Wow thats amazing. Ill be using mine for 40k since as you say the warcroll is da poops

Well. I’ll have 2-3 ready for the next Battletome. Hopefully they fix his Warscroll at that time. 

I am eager to paint one more in the manner of a Dreadlord with double claws and probably the Slaanesh head I am thinking or the generic head with horns forward. Maybe run him as Tzeentch so he can cast a spell? I don’t know. 

Had a local over the weekend. I'm preparing for Summer Slaughter, which is a GT in July of this year. Played our last set in the old GHB before season two released.

My list:

Karkadrak Lord - Khorne, Helm of the Oppressor, Death Dealer

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount - Nurgle

Varanguard - Reinforced x1, Mark of Khorne, Fellspears

Varanguard - Mark of Khorne, Ensorcelled Weapons

Varanguard - Mark of Khorne, Ensorcelled Weapons

Knights - Mark of Nurgle, Eroding Icon, all Lances

2x Corvus Cabal

Knights of the Empty Throne, Take What's Theirs - Indomitable

The Vguard were all in bounty hunters, and the rest in a battle regiment. The general idea here, which seems evident, is to use the Cabal to score Barge, desecrate, and set up for march of ruin if I can't score it turn one. The varanguard are so good in this edition with the double pile in, and i've yet to find something the six fellspears cannot drop. The huge threat ranges make miscalculations against this list deadly. I can easily play deep into my deployment zone, forcing you to make bad decisions while the knights and lord form a vanguard that is fast, tanky, and super difficult to remove without a large amount of dedication.

Round 1 - Corey with Cities gunline

His list went something like this:

Freeguild on Griffon w/ resurrect item

Freeguild on foot

Hurrucanum

Dreadlord on Black Dragon - shield and lance

Celestant Prime

2x 10 Outriders with repeaters

30 Crossbowmen

5 Revenants (allies)

Mission was close to the chest. I didn't get ANY pics (save one of a later game) for the tournament, but I'll do what I can from memory. 

I screened out of range of the crossbows with my knights, holding the varanguard behind them, supported by both heroes. My opponent lined up essentially a civil war gunline, and I handed him turn one. His shooting killed a few knights, but it wasn't enough to dirt nap the unit. After two turns of an absolute drubbing by my speedy models, Corey had celestant prime, the griffon, and one outrider left. 30-14 win.

Round two was Mike Ludwig running Baleful Lords BoK.

List from memory:

WoK Thirster

3x Insensate Rage Thirsters

Unfettered Thirster

Bloodsecrator

Flesh Hounds

2 x 10 Bloodreavers

2 x 10 Chaos Hounds - Allies

Scenario was Realmstone Cache. This is a tough matchup in the aspect the thirsters can run and charge and Boomthirsters deal tons of mortals. The Varanguard are important in this matchup due to the mortal protection. I forced Mike to go first, and he got piles of GV on the central objective, relegating me to a 2 point turn, since the screens prevented me from hitting the blood reavers behind them. I didn't get the double - and Mike made a play for eye for an eye on a unit of 3 varanguard with the WoK thirster and Insensate rage thirster. The IR thirster killed 1 varanguard and did 4 wounds to another varanguard. In my activation a series of crazy dice lead to the 2 ensorcelled Vguard cutting down the WoK Thirster, costing Mike his BT and the game. From there, the varanguard and karkadrak lord managed to kill all but one thirster over a series of turns, leading to a close win for me. 17-15.

Round 3 was Tim Spangler with FyreSlayers. His list was weird, and I don't know FS very well, so it's all from memory.

Magmadroth with -1 damage

Magmadroth with minimum 5 shots

Magmadroth with extra mortals on stomps

10 Vulkites

Priest, Runeson, and Gotrek

magmadroth invocation

The scenario was battlelines drawn, allowing me to play super conservatively while retaining massive threat ranges. The nurgle knights did their thing, clearing the infantry, and jamming up all three of the magmadroths. I got a lucky bottom of one charge that almost killed a magmadroth with ensorcelled varanguard. In the end, I was able to kill Gotrek with the 6 man fellspear unit, and Tim was left with one 'droth and the priest at the end of the game. I had my knights, karkadrak (who became a DP, I did it because he had near no health left and wanted to heal him back up!) 2 varanguard, and the corvus cabal. 28 to 18 win for me.

In the end I won the event with Slaves. Stiff competition all around, with good players who are used to their armies and knew the matchups. In hindsight, the knights with banner and the lord combo have been absolutely awesome. Even when they don't charge, they're just so difficult to remove, and it's so easy for opponents to leave one left who can retreat into their territory and claim a battle tactic, and a next turn rally from one of the mounted heroes. The list worked as intended; I will probably drop helm of the oppressor for arcane tome on the nurgle lord and change to a strict one drop for the new season. I may also drop one corvus cabal and add an exalted champion or sorcerer with tunnel master to ensure I can get some GC related tactics.

An interesting trick here is the cabal with tunnel master on a sorcerer/hero. Neither can be targeted by normal shooting if you drop the cabal in terrain and the character plops in with them.

Definitely looking forward to the new season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I really want to use the Daemonfire Rift endless spell. Can anyone help me come up with a competitive list with the models I own to do it? 

I own: 
1 Gaunt Summoner on Foot
2 Chaos Lord
3 Chaos Sorcerer Lord
2 Chaos Lord on Karkadrak
1 Darkoath Chieftan
2 Daemon Prince 

10 Chaos Knights
20 Chaos Warrior
20 Darkoath Savagers

1 Chaos Warshrine

20 Chaos Chosen (10 new 10 old)
2 Fomoroid Crusher
3 Ogroid Theradons
6 Varanguard

All S2D Endless Spells
All Malign Portents Endless Spells (bridge and horrorghast and launcheon)
All normal endless spells (purple sun and cogs and all that)

I think it makes the most sense that it would be Cabalists but somehow every list I make ends up filling up points (because everything is so expensive) and there’s no room left for that sweet looking endless spell. Also almost all of my opponents run endless spells too. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 11:16 AM, Ravinsild said:

I really want to use the Daemonfire Rift endless spell. Can anyone help me come up with a competitive list with the models I own to do it? 

I own: 
1 Gaunt Summoner on Foot
2 Chaos Lord
3 Chaos Sorcerer Lord
1 Darkoath Chieftan
2 Daemon Prince 

10 Chaos Knights
20 Chaos Warrior
20 Darkoath Savagers

1 Chaos Warshrine

2 Fomoroid Crusher
3 Ogroid Theradons
6 Varanguard

All S2D Endless Spells

I think it makes the most sense that it would be Cabalists but somehow every list I make ends up filling up points (because everything is so expensive) and there’s no room left for that sweet looking endless spell. Also almost all of my opponents run endless spells too. 

I'd go something like this

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (220)** - General - Command Trait: Idolator Lord - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120)** - Mark of Chaos: Nurgle - The Lore of the Damned: Daemonic Speed

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120)** - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh - The Lore of the Damned: Binding Damnation

Darkoath Chieftain (95)* - Artefact: Tuskhelm - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh - Aspect of the Champion: Leadership of the Alpha

5 x Chaos Knights (230)** - Mark of Chaos: Nurgle - Ensorcelled Banner: The Eroding Icon

10 x Darkoath Savagers (100)** - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

10 x Darkoath Savagers (100)** - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

10 x Chaos Chosen (480)* - Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh - Ensorcelled Banner: The Banner of Screaming Flesh

3 x Varanguard (290)** - 3 x Ensorcelled Weapon - Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS

Darkfire Daemonrift (80)

Realmscourge Rupture (60)

Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (70)

CORE BATTALIONS *Galletian Command **Battle Regiment

1965/2000

Rapture + Jaws is solid mortal output, then you can hit them with the daemon rift. Rift is not what it used to be; but this list does have a decent amount of mortal output from the savagers, charging karkadrak, the endless spells and the nurgle command ability, which is important. I don't like the Savagers too much, I'd rather see a unit of cabal just for the utility. Tuskhelm also helps the mortal output, and the potential fight in hero phase for the slaanesh chosen plus the galletian command of +1 attack and no pile in does even more mortals out of sequence.

• LOVE IT! 1

Ähm What Subfraction u choose ?!

Maybe u take Tzeenth Sorcerer because of standing more in front for Closer to Enemys...

Spoiler

Maybe something like this:

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Cabalists
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (195)
- Sword
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
Chaos Lord (115)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (265)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- The Lore of the Damned: Binding Damnation
Chaos Lord (115)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel

Battleline
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (105)
- Axes & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (220)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (105)
- Axes & Shield

Units
10 x Chaos Chosen (480)
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
- Ensorcelled Banner: The Banner of Screaming Flesh
- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells & Invocations
Darkfire Daemonrift (80)
Realmscourge Rupture (60)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (70)
Chronomantic Cogs (70)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109
Drops: 9

Edited by ibel

On 1/23/2023 at 11:16 AM, Ravinsild said:

I own: 
1 Gaunt Summoner on Foot
2 Chaos Lord
3 Chaos Sorcerer Lord
1 Darkoath Chieftan
2 Daemon Prince 

10 Chaos Knights
20 Chaos Warrior
20 Darkoath Savagers

1 Chaos Warshrine

2 Fomoroid Crusher
3 Ogroid Theradons
6 Varanguard

All S2D Endless Spells

My Daemonrift-using list has yet to be tested, but you could almost build it out of those models--only problem is missing an extra Exalted Hero of Chaos (I've been running double Sorcerer, but shaving off the 20 points let me fit in a third spell.)

The short version is:

Cabalists

Kark Lord, Sorc Lord, Exalted Hero x2 for heroes.

Untamed Beasts, Warriors (Nurgle w/ Banner), Knights (Khorne) for battleline.

Fill in with  reinforced Chosen (in my case, I go Undivided with Banner, but it's a personal preference), and Varanguard (also Undivided).

Endless Spells are Burning Head, Eightfold Doom Sigil, and the Daemonrift.

Like I said, it's yet to be tested, but it's similar to another list I've been running with some success. That one has 2x Sorc instead of 2x Hero, and runs Quicksilver Swords + Burning Head for the spells. I like the extra reach of the Daemonrift compared to the Swords, though, and I've blown up enough Sorcerers with Draw on Power to think the less magic from the Exalted Hero is worth it for the wound and the ward.

• Like 1

I ended up tweaking it because I have had no luck at all with Knights or Karkadrak Lord. 

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2023** 2,000 (Chaos - Slaves to Darkness) [1,995pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Galletian Command

Core Battalion: Galletian Veterans

Core Battalion: Warlord: Extra Enhancement: Unique Enhancement

+ Leader +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [120pts]: Binding Damnation, Ghost-mist, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [120pts]: Daemonic Speed, Levitate, Mark of Tzeentch, Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

Darkoath Chieftain [95pts]: Chaotic Conduit, Galletian Command - 1 Galletian Champion, Leadership of the Alpha

Slaves to Darkness Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch [210pts]: General, Master of Magic, Warlord - 1-2 Commanders
. Arcane Tome

+ Battleline +

Chaos Warriors [220pts]: 10 Chaos Warriors, Galletian Veterans - 2-4 Infantry units, Hornblower, Mark of Nurgle, Murderous Weapons, Standard Bearer, The Eroding Icon

Darkoath Savagers [100pts]: 10 Darkoath Savagers, Galletian Veterans - 2-4 Infantry units

Darkoath Savagers [100pts]: 10 Darkoath Savagers, Galletian Veterans - 2-4 Infantry units

+ Other +

Chaos Chosen [240pts]: 5 Chaos Chosen, Galletian Command - 1 Infantry, Mark of Khorne, The Banner of Rage

Varanguard [580pts]: 6 Varanguard, 3x Daemonforged Blade, 3x Ensorcelled Weapon, Mark of Khorne, Reinforced, Warlord - 1-2 Troops

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness: Cabalists

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Grand Strategy: Masters of Dark Ritual

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Darkfire Daemonrift [80pts]

Endless Spell: Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws [70pts]

Endless Spell: Realmscourge Rupture [60pts]

++ Total: [1,995pts] ++

In the end I traded Kark to test the gaunt summoner because a 4 cast wizard with +1 to cast, unbind and dispel seems great on paper. I could even potentially leverage the silver tower if I wanted to. 

I find warriors infinitely more useful than knights so I got some of them. 

Hi all AoS noob here. I started getting into AoS near the end of last year and was immediately drawn to StD. I don't have a huge collection yet but I do want to try put together a reasonably competitive list (but for the most part I have no idea what I'm doing, or what my list may be lacking). I've tried to do as much research as I can and came up with the following list: Would love to hear some thoughts from the veterans on here for recommendations. The idea is to take advantage of the Galecian champions mechanics and go for an objective control list rather than search and destroy. (p.s. I haven't really put much thought into enhancements or grand strategy so if something seems like a bad idea it probably is :P:

- Army Faction: Slaves to Darkness

- Subfaction: Host of the Everchosen
  - Grand Strategy: The Day is Ours!
  - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Be'lakor (355)
  - General
  - Spells: Binding Damnation, Warp Reality
Chaos Lord (115)
  - Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
  - Reaperblade and Daemonbound Steel
  - Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome
  - Spells: Daemonic Speed, Warp Reality
  - Aspects of the Champion: Stubborn as a Rhinox
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120)
  - Spells: Binding Damnation, Warp Reality
  - Aspects of the Champion: Leadership of the Alpha
BATTLELINE
Chaos Knights (230)
  - Mark of Chaos: Khorne
  - Standard Bearer
  - Hornblower
  - Doom Knight
  - Cursed Lance
Chaos Warriors (440)
  - Aspiring Champion
  - Murderous Weapon
  - 2 x Hornblower
  - 2 x Standard Bearer
  - Ensorcelled Banner: The Eroding Icon
Chaos Chosen (480)
  - Mark of Chaos: Khorne
  - Exalted Champion
  - 2 x Icon Bearer
  - 2 x Skull Drummer
  - Ensorcelled Banner: The Banner of Rage
Chaos Warriors (220)
  - Aspiring Champion
  - Hornblower
  - Standard Bearer
  - Murderous Weapon
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Eightfold Doom-sigil (40)
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I was thinking of maybe ditching the chaos knights for a gaunt summoner, as I don't feel like the chaos knights do their job as a hammer particularly well beyond their charge. I was also thinking of changing the chosen to mark of tzeench and giving them the tzeench banner instead for the 4+ range ward as I feel they'll be picked off before they can get into combat. The other idea is giving them the slanesh mark and banner to get into combat faster and from further away (turn one charge? :))
  • LOVE IT! 1