Doest tue runelord stack?

kozokus

Question

8 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Hello,

Sorry if already asked but can't find the answer.

Can the runelord prayers stack? Can't find any counterindication.

Can you give someone -3 rend or three 6++ schrug?

Thanks in advance.

I believe so yes.

it has been previously, before the cos battletome arrived, but since the update it should be legal to use the runelords prayers on a unit of dispossesseds multiple times.

so go out there ruin the live of man and girls who thought their 2+ rerolling everything Poster-things army or Bonereaper was unbeatable, a show them what the true Children of grugni ca do.

Yes-yes

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

This was in the Grand Alliance: Order FAQ, for what it's worth.

The rule is to use the latest published version of a warscroll.  This wording was added in 2018, though.  As the COS Runelord warscroll is a later date wouldn't this latest version supersede the previous version and as the most up-to-date version does not have a limit on it, it can thus be used multiple times on the same unit.

7 hours ago, Aelfric said:

The rule is to use the latest published version of a warscroll.  This wording was added in 2018, though.  As the COS Runelord warscroll is a later date wouldn't this latest version supersede the previous version and as the most up-to-date version does not have a limit on it, it can thus be used multiple times on the same unit.

You aren’t technically wrong but it’s pretty obvious they just copied and pasted the old warscroll. Given that the faq even exists and specifically addresses it, I’d personally not really want to use it on what seems to be an oversight on the part of GW.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

You aren’t technically wrong but it’s pretty obvious they just copied and pasted the old warscroll. Given that the faq even exists and specifically addresses it, I’d personally not really want to use it on what seems to be an oversight on the part of GW.

It's clearly a matter for the FAQ team to address.  But there will be players with the COS battletome who have probably never seen a copy of the Grand Alliance:Order book, let alone looked at its FAQ.  This case isn't a question of sloppy wording to be interpreted in two different ways.  They have taken the old wording and cleaned it up in a re-write for the new tome.  At the end of the day, if the wording is clear, then you can only follow it until it has been addressed.  In this case it's a matter of choice, so you can choose not to do it, but I would not have an issue with an opponent using it multiple times or using it myself.  I would say, though, it is one of those things that ought to be pointed out at the start to avoid a gotcha moment later on.

Consider that all the other Grand Alliance book faqs/errata state to no longer use the contents of that book when a new one has been released, and the Order one hasnt been updated to say that, I’d argue the Runelord faq/errata still applies as the wording of his current rule is copy-paste of his old warscroll, they obviously forgot about the faq/errata ruling since his warscroll was never updated to include the faq/errata

Edited by Joseph Mackay

On 12/10/2019 at 10:16 PM, Joseph Mackay said:

Consider that all the other Grand Alliance book faqs/errata state to no longer use the contents of that book when a new one has been released, and the Order one hasnt been updated to say that, I’d argue the Runelord faq/errata still applies as the wording of his current rule is copy-paste of his old warscroll, they obviously forgot about the faq/errata ruling since his warscroll was never updated to include the faq/errata

They did obviously forget to adress the old Errata. It is up to the players to use whatever rules they like, and TOs are free to use any house ruling they want. But RAW and without any further artifical influence, Rune Lore is definitely stackable, since there is no reference between the Errata and the current entry of the Runelord.