Fimir - The Thread

Shane

22 hours ago, Shane said:

Yes, that was my criticism of FW's division of the models. Until they release a command unit (which is two models), buying the noble either wastes money or points.

They should have made that noble an actual hero. Can't think of another unit getting a unique model for its leader that is purchased separately.

I think the problem FW has is that it has a very very successful Heresy Line and that because it has a bunch of creative people working there, you have to wait until they get excited about sculpting something for it to move it up the schedule. It took something like three or four years to get to where we are with the Chaos Dwarfs and they didn't get everything released when Age of Sigmar came out!

Bit sad to hear they aren't that straight forwards to assemble but I think using plastics for years has spoilt us! :D 

On 8/18/2016 at 8:34 PM, Furious said:

That's a weird thing FW does - they sell their commands separately instead of supplying extra pieces with the units. Seems like a silly waste of money for the consumer, as you end up with models that you can't use, according to some rules.

I don't massively mind this as you can pick up some nice models to spice up your rank and file units. Or they can double up as heroes in a lot of cases

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Those are the models that made me fall in love with Hero Quest back in't day.

Absolutely classics. Get them on 50mm rounds and convert for double hand weapons.

Lol 50mm rounds.  

Of course my new fimirs will be going the dark, dark green skin, the only way I know fimir to be 

Pure speculation now, but what are your hopes and expectations regarding the Fimirach Queen or Meargh as she used to be called. By the looks of her size she is a 12+ wounds monster probably capable of dealing some decent damage combat but as well as this she will almost certainly be a wizard which should make her equivalent to a greater daemon. I also hope she buffs nearby Fimir Warriors - perhaps increasing those 1 damage weapons to 2! What do you guys think?

I don't know about speculation, but what I really want is:

1. The Fimirach Noble  to go on general release - what is the delay? They have manufactured enough to sell at events, so let us buy them through website now.

2. Release rules for  Fimir Dirach Balefield - so we can start fielding Fimir warriors as Battleline. It's crazy to have points for a Hero that unlocks the Fimir, but have no rules or model for them. Just how long would it have taken someone at FW to produce some rules - half a day? Less?

3. A model for the aforementioned  Fimir Dirach Balefield

4. Any other stuff would be great and talk of Queens and Meargh is very exciting.

1. I think they wait two months after an event release. So will be next month. Still too long. 

2. That'll be a wait. Not even previewed the model.

3. Ditto.

4. A command squad to finish the only released unit would be a start.

+ they need a fast moving/deep striking/shooting unit 

The Queen will be the wizard. 

Originally, the Dirach was a daemon worshipper. But now that they've been made Destruction I expect a variation on the fluff. 

I have ordered a set of these to fill up my Destruction army. I went with rule of cool coz i like these models more than the normal ogres. I have hero quest still (been playing it with my kids recently) and am now thinking i should get some gobbos as well and set up the hero quest greenskins contingent...

Could be a bit of fun

On 9/17/2016 at 6:26 PM, kaaras said:

I have hero quest still (been playing it with my kids recently) and am now thinking i should get some gobbos as well and set up the hero quest greenskins contingent...

Tell me about it, the Bloodthirster (ahem.. Gargoyle), Chaos Warriors and Fimir have long been some of my favourite units.  Painting up Blood Warriors currently and next is the Bloodthirster.  Though once more fimir are released I might have to take a break from Chaos momentarily.

Also they need some generic mummies if they delve back into Tomb Kings!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 4:02 PM, Shane said:

The Fimir Warriors were a nightmare to put together. Not a user friendly kit at all. Green stuff and Guerilla glue was my only route to victory.

I put together 9 of these to proxy initially as beasts of Nurgle when they were broken in 8th edition. Now in AOS I run them as Bile Troll proxies for my Nurgle list. 

It's taken me 2 and a half years to get around to painting them, those hunched over postures are a nightmare. I chopped those two handed baelstone hammer things off, because they didn't line up right after hours of trying. I put ogre bull hands on instead with their clubs, finally painted them up.

If the heroes come out within the next 12 months I might consider making a complete army out of them as long as I don't have to put together another warrior model.

Somehow missed everything for these guys... this will definitely be a side project as others here have said. I really hope to see more than what we have been shown so far. 

Plans for now are to buy 2 sets of 3 warriors and 3 nobles when they release. That will give me 3 sets of min squads. Then just need to wait for the leader warscroll. 

Curious if the noble will be sold as an individual or in a set with a musician and standard bearer... if so that really will throw a wrench into my plans. 

45 minutes ago, meet.the.doctor said:

I was hoping it will have Dirach rules.. Useless until then..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a separate model for next year.

So you now buy a unit but then have to pay an extra £25 to get the 'leader' model of that unit. 

It's a cool model but that price point is disappointing. So how much will the other command models be? £25 each? £35 for the two? Either way we are talking close to, or over, £100 for a single unit of six! I hope or expect there will be a bundle were you get the full unit for around £70 making it a bit less steep. Think I will wait and see.

Yeah for a miniature that isn't even a hero and doesn't fit into already existing units without making redundant models, its very pricey.  I'll be giving it a miss initially until we see what happening with command and other minis.  Hopefully if others do the same they will rethink their pricing and bring that command pair out asap.  If they do bring out command though, will this render regular warriors redundant, as taking small units of 3 to maximise the number of nobles be the way to go?

See this thread for more in depth discussion on unit sizes: 

I would love to play a little Fimir warband but there is simply not enough to go with yet. And yes, prices are the other thing. I mean this is insane. I am somewhat willing to pay 115 pounds for a great unclean one, because he is unique and ******. But how much do they want me to pay for a complete army of Fimirs if they don't change anything?

I am not biting. Nope.

If they bring out a command squad (2 models) at £25, that would be £81 for a unit of 6 (not inc. shipping costs). That's 240 pts.

Or you could buy 4 nobles and 3 packs of warriors to make four units of 3, with a spare model, for £193. Not including command models. That's 480pts.

And FW don't do (proper) bundles.

What a misstep for anyone that actually wanted to field them. They should have made this guy a hero character. 

Archived