Questions about Stormcast and reforging

Kierdale

Pardon these noob questions from someone who knows very little about Stormcasts. Any answers would be much appreciated...

A. When a Stormcast dies they are teleported back to...Azyr? Or to their Stormhost base? When an Anvil of the Heldenhammer is slain they are teleported back to Anvilgard?

B. When they die their body, armour, weapons, everything they had on them gets teleported back? Anything they were holding too?

C. How long does it take for them to be reforged? I hear this is variable?

What @smartazjb0y said. Answering second question - it should work like that. When ScE dies all their stuff should return to Azyr but sometimes something  makes the teleportation incomplete e.g. strong enough magic, sheer willpower (Orruk wants that helmet, Orruk gets that helmet!) or just simply ScE lost part of his armour  before dying and it was too far away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kierdale said:

Pardon these noob questions from someone who knows very little about Stormcasts. Any answers would be much appreciated...

A. When a Stormcast dies they are teleported back to...Azyr? Or to their Stormhost base? When an Anvil of the Heldenhammer is slain they are teleported back to Anvilgard?

B. When they die their body, armour, weapons, everything they had on them gets teleported back? Anything they were holding too?

C. How long does it take for them to be reforged? I hear this is variable?

A. Everyone gets back tot the forge in sigmarumbella (spelling might be different ;) ). It’s a big ring around the core of Malus, which is the core of the old world. *

B. Everything disappears. But everything is also rebuild. Stormcast often take their armour off. So it’s two different things. 

C. Varies. In Hammilcare its really fast as he dies in a campaign, gets reforged, punches sigmar in the progress, and gets back in time to finish the whole thing. But in the same vein there are a couple of stories where they talk about years of absence. 

* not really your question but there the six smiths have their forges and that is where the sacrosanct chamber helps sniff out flaws in the reforging

• Like 1

Thanks for all the answers.

So once they’re slain their body and gear disappears in a bolt which takes them and it all back to the Sigmarabulum ring around Malus, they’re reforged by one of the six smiths...and either end up sent back to the same battlefield, to their Stormhost base...or wherever these smiths (or higher ups) deem necessary?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

C. Varies. In Hammilcare its really fast as he dies in a campaign, gets reforged, punches sigmar in the progress, and gets back in time to finish the whole thing. But in the same vein there are a couple of stories where they talk about years of absence. 

In case of time it looks like that the amount of reforgings of Stormcast or how difficult it is to reforge the soul. You're most likely mentioning the Story of Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods. In his case it was quite difficult to the Smith Ong to reforge into that state Hamilcar has at the moment. And it took 5 years in his case.

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

B. Everything disappears. But everything is also rebuild. Stormcast often take their armour off. So it’s two different things. 

In case of equipment, it looks like there is a connection between Stormcast and he's gear. And that the bound has been cut. Speaking of Hamilcar. In the case mentioned above his Lantern wasn't transported back.

16 minutes ago, Kierdale said:

So once they’re slain their body and gear disappears in a bolt which takes them and it all back to the Sigmarabulum ring around Malus, they’re reforged by one of the six smiths...and either end up sent back to the same battlefield, to their Stormhost base...or wherever these smiths (or higher ups) deem necessary?

After reforging is complete they are send to their next mission by sigmar most of the time (often returning to their chamber when possible).

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, XReN said:

just to add to @Kramer's pretty accurate response - like mentioned in the lore sometimes reforging can return a stormcast to the same battle in which he was slain. It's probably a long battle, but it's still rather impressive.

Really? That’s very cool! Wasn’t a main character I’m guessing? Would be interested to see if less time forging means bigger mental damage and longer less. Would be an interesting choice by GW because so far they are keeping it vague (on purpose I guess)

3 hours ago, EMMachine said:

In case of time it looks like that the amount of reforgings of Stormcast or how difficult it is to reforge the soul. You're most likely mentioning the Story of Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods. In his case it was quite difficult to the Smith Ong to reforge into that state Hamilcar has at the moment. And it took 5 years in his case.

In case of equipment, it looks like there is a connection between Stormcast and he's gear. And that the bound has been cut. Speaking of Hamilcar. In the case mentioned above his Lantern wasn't transported back.

After reforging is complete they are send to their next mission by sigmar most of the time (often returning to their chamber when possible).

That’s the one. In my memory it was within the year but there you go! 

no the lantern didn’t but wasn’t on him when he died but that’s a good clarification. 

14 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That’s the one. In my memory it was within the year but there you go! 

I have finished the story last week so the story was still quite close.

14 minutes ago, Kramer said:

no the lantern didn’t but wasn’t on him when he died but that’s a good clarification. 

When Hamilcar died, he had basicly nothing of his equipment on him. The Lantern was the only equipment he found. We don't know if other parts of his armour stayed in Ikrits lair, but we know that Sigmar remade the Hamilcars Halbert. So there was still a connection.

16 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Really? That’s very cool! Wasn’t a main character I’m guessing? Would be interested to see if less time forging means bigger mental damage and longer less. Would be an interesting choice by GW because so far they are keeping it vague (on purpose I guess)

I know that at least Thostos Bladestorm was send back to the same mission to return Ghal Maraz (together with Vandus Hammerhand), as well as Ionus Cryptborn in the same story (in his case it was a very short time between death and reforging).

And that Arkas Warbeast and Theuderis Silverhand needed two attemps for the same mission.

Edited by EMMachine

23 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

know that at least Thostos Bladestorm was send back to the same mission to return Ghal Maraz (together with Vandus Hammerhand), as well as Ionus Cryptborn in the same story (in his case it was a very short time between death and reforging

And Thostos is pretty gone after his reforging. Glowy eyes, mostly silent and somber, his second in command starts to lose faith in him. (Currently reading stories of hammerhal and currently featuring them)

38 minutes ago, Kramer said:

And Thostos is pretty gone after his reforging. Glowy eyes, mostly silent and somber, his second in command starts to lose faith in him. (Currently reading stories of hammerhal and currently featuring them)

I think I remember Vengeance Eternal too. He was quite furious and hatred driven in there (but hatred is a mainproblem in case of Celestial Vindicators. Hammerhal & other Stories isn't the best book, sadly. There are many first chapter quick reads in it (at least 4 that if you want read them completly you need Realmgate Wars Omnibus Books. This chapter is part of the "Bladestorm" Series, an 7 Chapter Quickread Series (in the second Realmgate Wars Omnibus), there are two other quickread series in the second Realmgate Wars Omnibus and one in the first)

Edit: There are actually 5 quickreads with multiple chapters that only have the first chapter in Hammerhal & other stories. With 4 of them in the second Realmgate Wars Omnibus. I actually forgot one.

Edited by EMMachine