AoS 2 - Living City Discussion

AthelLoren

2 hours ago, Landohammer said:

actually really like your idea of proxying repeater bolt throwers as ballistas. I have a bunch of those old models painted and I would love an excuse to put them back on the table!

Yeah those models shouldn’t have been droppped. Shame they were metal. 

Add 10 more Executioners. One of the biggest advantages of Executioners is their huge 30 man discount. It will also allow them to eat quite a few casualties without losing much combat output.

-Drop dreadspears. Unfortunately spears don't have much of a role anymore. Cheap screens and objective defenders are always useful but I have found Darkshards to be just flat out better at the job. If you really want to take spears, then consider merging them into single unit. Right now they are really inflating your drop count which may actually be hurt you more than help you.

Yeah you’re right. Don’t love that executioners became a horde unit. :/ but will have to play to that strength. 
good advice. 

wap Lifesurge for Ironoak skin. Lifesurge has limited use in your army since it can't restore dead models, so it can only heal your characters or ballistas. However stacking Ironoak Skin + Word of Pain is an insanely powerful combo. Also your sorceress are much more likely to be close to infantry rather than close to a Dragon or Ballista

Yeah going back and forth on that. It’s there for that cheeky turn that my dragon is within 18 inch. Otherwise that wizard is casting word of pain. 
At least that was the thinking at the time.  I want cage of thorns in there because it looks like such a great board control spell. I’ll have a think about that. But you’re probably right that the lifesurge  is too situational. 

thanks for the advice. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yeah those models shouldn’t have been droppped. Shame they were metal. 

Yeah you’re right. Don’t love that executioners became a horde unit. :/ but will have to play to that strength. 
good advice. 

Yeah going back and forth on that. It’s there for that cheeky turn that my dragon is within 18 inch. Otherwise that wizard is casting word of pain. 
At least that was the thinking at the time.  I want cage of thorns in there because it looks like such a great board control spell. I’ll have a think about that. But you’re probably right that the lifesurge  is too situational. 

thanks for the advice. 

The elf bolt throwers that I actually have appear to be plastic and relatively recent. Yea I never will understand GW's squatting logic. Models like dryads are still around but the Skycutter chariot got axed. 

I imagine your dragon is going to be capitalizing on the double move command ability, and so I bet he will almost always be out of range of a lifesurge. If you really want heals, consider dropping your CP for the Lifeswarm endless spell. 

35 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

The elf bolt throwers that I actually have appear to be plastic and relatively recent. Yea I never will understand GW's squatting logic. Models like dryads are still around but the Skycutter chariot got axed. 

I imagine your dragon is going to be capitalizing on the double move command ability, and so I bet he will almost always be out of range of a lifesurge. If you really want heals, consider dropping your CP for the Lifeswarm endless spell. 

Yeah life warm is on the list to paint so in a while. 

mare we both talking about this model? 
image.jpeg.4008273699e6e2905a61bb81d2ca33e1.jpeg

cause mine are both metal and you could kill an ox by throwing them. 

15 hours ago, Kramer said:

Yeah life warm is on the list to paint so in a while. 

mare we both talking about this model? 
image.jpeg.4008273699e6e2905a61bb81d2ca33e1.jpeg

cause mine are both metal and you could kill an ox by throwing them. 

Yep thats it!  I have three collecting dust. They may actually be resin/fail-cast now that I think about it. Most old dark elf models haven't aged well but this one holds up pretty well. It wouldn't look out of place next to dark shards or other newer kits. 

Edited by Landohammer

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

Yep thats it!  I have three collecting dust. They may actually be resin/fail-cast now that I think about it. Most old dark elf models haven't aged well but this one holds up pretty well. It wouldn't look out of place next to dark shards or other newer kits. 

the crew look a bit small compared to the witch elves and even smaller to AoS kits. so I might conert something if i'm playing them more often. But you're right, next to darkshards they look absolutely fine. 

22 hours ago, Landohammer said:

I actually really like your idea of proxying repeater bolt throwers as ballistas. I have a bunch of those old models painted and I would love an excuse to put them back on the table!

The guy I play most regularly did that.  He plays um.. Anvil Guard?  the "dark elf" city anyway.  He takes them as Stormcast Ballistas.  Just build the model up on cork so it would stand appropriate height (or he just did that anyway)

19 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Models like dryads are still around but the Skycutter chariot got axed. 

While I'm a Sylvaneth player also and like that the 70 Dryads I've painted haven't been squatted (16-per box is a 6th ed legacy still in the game,.. and I worry they may get squatted next book) the Skycutter going away annoys me constantly.  Just put it in TE. It was a terrible decision.  IMO they could bring it back now, put the Warscroll and some starting points online and make it a hero/unit choice with a descent command ability.  

I was kinda hoping for some warhawk riders back in some form with the chariot.  In AoS it works so much better than Fantasy.

37 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

The guy I play most regularly did that.  He plays um.. Anvil Guard?  the "dark elf" city anyway.  He takes them as Stormcast Ballistas.  Just build the model up on cork so it would stand appropriate height (or he just did that anyway)

While I'm a Sylvaneth player also and like that the 70 Dryads I've painted haven't been squatted (16-per box is a 6th ed legacy still in the game,.. and I worry they may get squatted next book) the Skycutter going away annoys me constantly.  Just put it in TE. It was a terrible decision.  IMO they could bring it back now, put the Warscroll and some starting points online and make it a hero/unit choice with a descent command ability.  

I was kinda hoping for some warhawk riders back in some form with the chariot.  In AoS it works so much better than Fantasy.

Man I loved Warhawk riders. Probably my favorite unit to field in WHF. They were very expensive and super fragile though. Like 20$ a model :(

What bothers me is that Shadow Warriors made the cut but Skycutters didnt, despite being released at the same time. But then they went so far as to remove the Swifthawk Agent keyword from shadow warriors, which basically gutted the Swifthawk agent faction.

They could have at least made the Skycutters a Mercenary. That seems like the compromise for discarded-but-popular models. 

Yea I hope they don't axe any Sylvaneth units, the book is already 90% characters as it is.  Also why is the Branchwraith still around lol. 

• Like 1

I think the axing decisions where 90% production capacity motivated. And only 10% ‘can we fit them in a faction’. 

a shame but I think every model taken away is loved by someone. So no easy decisions there. 

in the end it hurts that 3K dwarfs went to about 1,2K overnight. But if it means new factions and the recent designs than its okay for me. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, Landohammer said:

Man I loved Warhawk riders. Probably my favorite unit to field in WHF. They were very expensive and super fragile though. Like 20$ a model :(

What bothers me is that Shadow Warriors made the cut but Skycutters didnt, despite being released at the same time. But then they went so far as to remove the Swifthawk Agent keyword from shadow warriors, which basically gutted the Swifthawk agent faction.

They could have at least made the Skycutters a Mercenary. That seems like the compromise for discarded-but-popular models. 

Yea I hope they don't axe any Sylvaneth units, the book is already 90% characters as it is.  Also why is the Branchwraith still around lol. 

The AoS warscroll for WArhawk riders isn't terrible.  I bought mine in 2005 when they were $16 CAD.

Time to start emailing GW at AoSFAQ@gwplc.com and asking them to bring back Skycutter chariots as support for Swifthawks and make them viable <cough cough broken> like Scourgerunners and they will sell lost.  Even release them with a Novella for $6 that has a story about them.  That's money for GW and they like money.  Plus CoS is a good book with lots of people trying the book out.  

Because the Bwraith is a Juan Diaz model that has aged well and surprisingly better sculpted than I thought as I've become a much better painter.  

EDIT: pretty sure Shadowarriors are also Sisters of the Watch?  that's just a constant money stream as both units are good and SotW may be more popular as Sons of Behemat are released.  They seem a good counter.

Edited by Popisdead
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, Landohammer said:

Drycha... Drycha is can really exploit the Living City command ability. 

Also don't forget about Wildwood Rangers. They make fantastic deepstrikers! 

One thing to keep in mind about Drycha is that you can't use her +10 attacks ability on the first turn if you deepstrike her. That really puts a damper on her usefulness imo.

I'm also really not sold on WWR as deepstrikers. They are slow infantry and specialize in killing things that are generally a lot faster than they are. Your opponent is probably going to be pushing most monsters toward the middle in many battleplans, so forcing yourself to come in from the edge just means it will be even harder for you to catch your opponent's monsters. 

On 5/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, Landohammer said:

Man I loved Warhawk riders.

Yes, absolutely this. There are some great third party versions, too. If I ever get my Living City project off the ground my gyrocopters will be converted warhawk riders.

15 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

One thing to keep in mind about Drycha is that you can't use her +10 attacks ability on the first turn if you deepstrike her. That really puts a damper on her usefulness imo.

I'm also really not sold on WWR as deepstrikers. They are slow infantry and specialize in killing things that are generally a lot faster than they are. Your opponent is probably going to be pushing most monsters toward the middle in many battleplans, so forcing yourself to come in from the edge just means it will be even harder for you to catch your opponent's monsters. 

Yes, absolutely this. There are some great third party versions, too. If I ever get my Living City project off the ground my gyrocopters will be converted warhawk riders.

I know there was some debate a while back about whether Drycha can select her "mode" if she is not on the board. But to be honest, she doesn't really need the deepstrike. At movement 9 she can likely get where she needs to be on her own.  Thats 18 inches + charge and she can trigger the command ability herself. Also, she can cast lifesurge on herself which is super nice. I wouldn't personally take her outside of Sylvaneth armies but I think she is a better choice in Living City than Durthu.

Thats a fair point about Rangers. I think the trick is to deepstrike them as early as possible. Ideally you would fish for the 8 inch charge, but you don't necessarily need to kill Archaon if you can zone him out of an entire section of the board.

The cool thing about Rangers, is that while they are optimal vs monsters, they are still solid damage dealers  vs pretty much any other unit. Having 2 attacks + 2" range is a relatively rare combination. They basically become Blackguard with a worse save, and that is still pretty good! 

16 hours ago, Popisdead said:

EDIT: pretty sure Shadowarriors are also Sisters of the Watch?  that's just a constant money stream as both units are good and SotW may be more popular as Sons of Behemat are released.  They seem a good counter.

Whats strange about the Branchwraith is that the Branchwych is the clear replacement. It even looks more like the Dryads. Sometimes I wonder if GW doesn't make unit/rule decisions based on what happens to be sitting in warehouses. I like to imagine they had a bunch of branchwraith models sitting in a pile from the 90s while Skycutter Chariots probably sold out most of their initial casting. Elves were insanely popular in 8th. 

Yea Sisters and Shadow Warriors share a kit. I actually think Sisters of the Watch (along with Hammerers, Irondrakes, and maybe Blackguard) are a bit of a sleeper unit. They have really solid rules but they are prohibitively expensive and not normally stocked on shelves anymore.  

21 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I've been thinking the same thing.  I want to make more use of my old(er) wood elf models still.  Thankfully the mtd hero makes a good Wild Rider champion :D

5 hours ago, Landohammer said:

I know there was some debate a while back about whether Drycha can select her "mode" if she is not on the board. But to be honest, she doesn't really need the deepstrike. At movement 9 she can likely get where she needs to be on her own.  Thats 18 inches + charge and she can trigger the command ability herself. Also, she can cast lifesurge on herself which is super nice. I wouldn't personally take her outside of Sylvaneth armies but I think she is a better choice in Living City than Durthu.

Thats a fair point about Rangers. I think the trick is to deepstrike them as early as possible. Ideally you would fish for the 8 inch charge, but you don't necessarily need to kill Archaon if you can zone him out of an entire section of the board.

The cool thing about Rangers, is that while they are optimal vs monsters, they are still solid damage dealers  vs pretty much any other unit. Having 2 attacks + 2" range is a relatively rare combination. They basically become Blackguard with a worse save, and that is still pretty good! 

Whats strange about the Branchwraith is that the Branchwych is the clear replacement. It even looks more like the Dryads. Sometimes I wonder if GW doesn't make unit/rule decisions based on what happens to be sitting in warehouses. I like to imagine they had a bunch of branchwraith models sitting in a pile from the 90s while Skycutter Chariots probably sold out most of their initial casting. Elves were insanely popular in 8th. 

Yea Sisters and Shadow Warriors share a kit. I actually think Sisters of the Watch (along with Hammerers, Irondrakes, and maybe Blackguard) are a bit of a sleeper unit. They have really solid rules but they are prohibitively expensive and not normally stocked on shelves anymore.  

I wonder how many people get too tied into DSing with the double move from shooting ability (Stalker in the Shadows?  I can't remember the name).  Alarielle has a 30" bow and uh 12, 14 or 16" move?  I've been toying with DSing the Nomad PRince and just having her zip up a flank moving twice.  +1 to hit on her attacks is noticeable when she slams into something.  And you can probably want the NP being general so you can do the "can't shoot item or trait" and add a small unit of SotW to bubble wrap him.  If Alarielle is that close dropping out 3 Sword Hunters isn't a terrible option, particularly objective camping.

Durthu really suffers outside Sylvaneth and you have to build to him in Sylvaneth.

I saw 10 Rangers with spiked dice rolls take out a Blood Thirster one turn.  Granted that's the anomaly but I've been championed them as 3/3/-1 2A with a 2" reach is good.  You can even have them behind a unit of SotW or something.  I'm hoping they get a points drop though.  Just cause.

Sure, Finecast wasn't really,.. a hot seller especially for the worst army in the edition which only got 1 year of game play.  I can see a back log of BWraithes.  

I commonly see SotW math hammered as top dmg dealers and then rarely see them in game.  Mine have been brutal in game and I'm thinking, how many female GG, Waywatcher models I have that I can pass off and how good am I at flames with Green STuff :P

4 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I've been thinking the same thing.  I want to make more use of my old(er) wood elf models still.  Thankfully the mtd hero makes a good Wild Rider champion :D

I wonder how many people get too tied into DSing with the double move from shooting ability (Stalker in the Shadows?  I can't remember the name).  Alarielle has a 30" bow and uh 12, 14 or 16" move?  I've been toying with DSing the Nomad PRince and just having her zip up a flank moving twice.  +1 to hit on her attacks is noticeable when she slams into something.  And you can probably want the NP being general so you can do the "can't shoot item or trait" and add a small unit of SotW to bubble wrap him.  If Alarielle is that close dropping out 3 Sword Hunters isn't a terrible option, particularly objective camping.

I saw 10 Rangers with spiked dice rolls take out a Blood Thirster one turn.  Granted that's the anomaly but I've been championed them as 3/3/-1 2A with a 2" reach is good.  You can even have them behind a unit of SotW or something.  I'm hoping they get a points drop though.  Just cause.

I commonly see SotW math hammered as top dmg dealers and then rarely see them in game.  Mine have been brutal in game and I'm thinking, how many female GG, Waywatcher models I have that I can pass off and how good am I at flames with Green STuff :P

Why the Nomad Prince with Alarielle? Unfortunately she isn't a Wanderer so she wouldn't get his buff. But yes she is one of the stronger choices for the Living City command ability. Doing a 16 inch move x2 plus a charge is just insane. She could touch the other table edge on turn 1. 

Yea 10 Rangers are easy to underestimate. They actually average 12 wounds on a Bloodthirster after saves. So its easily in the realm of possibility for them to dunk a bloodthirster in one round. 

Aside from the their high monetary cost, Sisters are also pretty dang high in points cost, and need a Nomad Prince to maximize their potential. So you really need to build a list around them and I don't think people are into that kind of investment. Not with Phoenix Guard and Hurricanums running around lol. 

3 hours ago, Landohammer said:

But yes she is one of the stronger choices for the Living City command ability. Doing a 16 inch move x2 plus a charge is just insane. She could touch the other table edge on turn 1. 

Alarielle does have the best sculpted legs GW has ever done!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Aside from the their high monetary cost, Sisters are also pretty dang high in points cost, and need a Nomad Prince to maximize their potential. So you really need to build a list around them and I don't think people are into that kind of investment. Not with Phoenix Guard and Hurricanums running around lol. 

I have 40 already, send help x) And the thing about Sisters is that as long as they don't move, they provide the best unbuffed shooting in Cities. You can buff them, but you don't really need to, so in Living City you can drop them anywhere together with just a screen.

I am more surprised Sisters of the Thorn do not see much play.  Considering their cost and combat prowess, they are amazing hybrid wizards. Just for 40 points more you get more mobility, health, +5 save and much more damage. Great for Hallowheart.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, Zeblasky said:

I have 40 already, send help x) And the thing about Sisters is that as long as they don't move, they provide the best unbuffed shooting in Cities. You can buff them, but you don't really need to, so in Living City you can drop them anywhere together with just a screen.

I am more surprised Sisters of the Thorn do not see much play.  Considering their cost and combat prowess, they are amazing hybrid wizards. Just for 40 points more you get more mobility, health, +5 save and much more damage. Great for Hallowheart.

The argument against sisters of the thorn is that their warscroll spell isn't that great, and the models themselves are kind of fiddly.  That being said, I do think a lot of people don't realize that they can take city specific spells and are stuck with just their warscroll spell, and so overlook them.

1 hour ago, readercolin said:

The argument against sisters of the thorn is that their warscroll spell isn't that great, and the models themselves are kind of fiddly.  That being said, I do think a lot of people don't realize that they can take city specific spells and are stuck with just their warscroll spell, and so overlook them.

Also all the realm spells if you play with Maligh Sorcery. Those are rarely talked about, while there are great wizard only combat buffs that can turn Sorceress on the Black Dragon into a pretty tanky combat monster(rerolls on succesfull wound rolls in Ghyran and rerolling failed saved rolls from Ghur are the best).

Closest things to Sisters of the Thorn are Doomfire Warlocks, which are a very good unit and pretty close to Sisters in terms of combat prowess. But  SotT are 30 points cheaper, which makes spamming them much easier.

10 hours ago, readercolin said:

8 hours ago, Zeblasky said:

Also all the realm spells if you play with Maligh Sorcery. Those are rarely talked about, while there are great wizard only combat buffs that can turn Sorceress on the Black Dragon into a pretty tanky combat monster(rerolls on succesfull wound rolls in Ghyran and rerolling failed saved rolls from Ghur are the best).

Closest things to Sisters of the Thorn are Doomfire Warlocks, which are a very good unit and pretty close to Sisters in terms of combat prowess. But  SotT are 30 points cheaper, which makes spamming them much easier.

^^^This is truth. Sisters bring a lot of value to the table. Aside from being wizards, they also have a very high movement, decent shooting, and a lot more melee attacks than your typical wizard. They also can fill a battleline slot. 

Also if you turn the models side-ways and "conga line" they can actually make a 10+ inch screen. Having a large base + high movement + relatively cheap cost is a fairly rare combination. So they are almost always useful. 

On a side note, my local monthly tournaments use the Malign Sorcery realm spells and I have to say that I am not a fan. The spells are not particularly well-balanced, particularly the Realm of Fire. People end up spending a lot of time reviewing their spell list each magic phase looking for that perfect spell to save the day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

On a side note, my local monthly tournaments use the Malign Sorcery realm spells and I have to say that I am not a fan. The spells are not particularly well-balanced, particularly the Realm of Fire. People end up spending a lot of time reviewing their spell list each magic phase looking for that perfect spell to save the day.

Yea, Maligh Sorcery realms are quite weirldy balanced. For example taking Sorceress on a Dragon for Hallowheart is a great idea in most realms. You can use her for arcane channeling, then cast a self only protective buff to make her much harder to kill, thus helping with her weak save.

But then you end up with Chamon (extra Mystic shield is not amazing for a 5+ save) or especially Hysh, where you have no amazing self buffs and you are kinda screwed in that regard.

38 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

Yea, Maligh Sorcery realms are quite weirldy balanced. For example taking Sorceress on a Dragon for Hallowheart is a great idea in most realms. You can use her for arcane channeling, then cast a self only protective buff to make her much harder to kill, thus helping with her weak save.

But then you end up with Chamon (extra Mystic shield is not amazing for a 5+ save) or especially Hysh, where you have no amazing self buffs and you are kinda screwed in that regard.

Yea its insanely skewed. Like in Fire you have -1 to hit, +1 to Wound and Charge, and +1 damage. While Light you get get D6 damage vs Demons/Undead. How is that comparable? 

I appreciate that it adds depth to the game which is usually a good thing. But it just ends up rewarding magic based armies and punishing armies without wizards.

For example, I was playing Sylvaneth vs Khorne in the realm of fire . I casted inferno blades on a 120pt unit of Spites and they killed 2 Bloodthirsters. My opponent was like 😑

It completely transformed my basic Sylvaneth magic phase from healing and summoning dryads, to being the most important phase of the game. 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:42 PM, Landohammer said:

Why the Nomad Prince with Alarielle? Unfortunately she isn't a Wanderer so she wouldn't get his buff. But yes she is one of the stronger choices for the Living City command ability. Doing a 16 inch move x2 plus a charge is just insane. She could touch the other table edge on turn 1. 

I forgot his buff being Wanderer only and realized it last night.  Maybe a flying Hurricanum then :P  Or use her more for counter charge.  Not be so impetuous with her.  Drop 3 Bow Hunters and her try to snipe for a while.

26 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I forgot his buff being Wanderer only and realized it last night.  Maybe a flying Hurricanum then :P  Or use her more for counter charge.  Not be so impetuous with her.  Drop 3 Bow Hunters and her try to snipe for a while.

Hey if you can keep the hurricanum in range then thats a great idea.  The beatle does get +1 to hit vs units with 5+ models so that helps mitigate the awful WS some.

I don't normally snipe with her. I focus Metamorphosis and Spear on the same target, and then charge it as soon as possible. People usually have a plan for their army, but having Alarielle smashing their face in on turn 1 usually interrupts that plan lol. They can't ignore her.

I mean she will die, but after she summons and wrecks a unit or two she has done her job.

• Like 1

Okay, hey guys, sorry for the silence but my family recently moved off grid. So, I say that I'm a Sylvaneth/Wanderers player, but I only have a few models - I mostly play Warcry. What would you guys suggest proxying Glade Guard as? Shadow Warriors? Do they work as sisters of the watch or do they not look right?

Also, how would allies work for a Waywatcher? Does the warscroll still exist even though the model is gone and, if so, what category would it be under? Wanderers? Asking because there doesn't seem to be a suitable proxy for a Waywatcher.

Edited by AthelLoren

3 hours ago, AthelLoren said:

Okay, hey guys, sorry for the silence but my family recently moved off grid. So, I say that I'm a Sylvaneth/Wanderers player, but I only have a few models - I mostly play Warcry. What would you guys suggest proxying Glade Guard as? Shadow Warriors? Do they work as sisters of the watch or do they not look right?

Also, how would allies work for a Waywatcher? Does the warscroll still exist even though the model is gone and, if so, what category would it be under? Wanderers? Asking because there doesn't seem to be a suitable proxy for a Waywatcher.

Glade guard work ok as shadow warriors, though they work a big better if you can strap some swords to them, or swap the back hand for one holding a sword.  Especially well if the heads are the ones that are masked.  Sisters of the watch can also work if you do bow swaps.  I would personally recommend getting a box of sisters/shadow warriors and building one while using the other parts for weapon/head swaps on the glade guard to get two units for the price of one.  Or at least, that is my plan with the glade guard and old high elf archers that I have sitting around.

As for waywatchers and such... they look nice as shadow warriors.  Yup, yet more shadow warriors.  I hope you like running them.  But though they do technically still have a warscroll, that warscroll is rather subpar, and it can't be allied into a Cities of Sigmar army.  So your only option to play with them is to do so as a grand alliance order army.  Which is... fine.  I guess.  But you can clearly see that GW is moving away from grand alliance armies and trying to get people to play book armies instead.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AthelLoren said:

I think you can probably get away with proxying your Glade Guard as Sisters and proxying Waywatchers as Shadow Stalkers, but note that Glade Guard are still legitimately allowed to be fielded in Wanderer armies. You could make a Wanderer army with glade guard battleline and then bring Sylvaneth as allies. You aren't obligated to field Living City if the goal is to recreate an old wood elf army. Glade guard are one of the only sources of Rend -3 in the game. (though Sisters are admittedly better). 

When I want to field Wanderer armies, I actually prefer to field my old Waywatchers models as Waystalkers, Wayfinders, or Waystriders.  The Waywatcher models were all so different and detailed that they make excellent character proxies. 

In fact, Waystalkers make decent allied choices in a Sylvaneth army because they add a solid shooting phase for relatively cheap. 

• Like 2