Destructive Tendencies – Ogorruks Blog - First WIP's

Cowboy Boots Matt

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:33 AM, Koula said:

@Cowboy Boots Matt - love the brown skintone on your orruk, would you be willing to share the paint colours/technique used?  :D

@Cowboy Boots Matt was away at the weekend and has started a new job this week. I'm sure he'll be back to answer above queries and post some more stuff soon enough though.

I'm guessing he just slopped Mournfang Brown down as a basecoat before pouring a pot of Army Painter Strong Tone over the top though...

;) 

@KoulaSorry for the delay, @Chris Tomlinis correct and i've been rather manic recently! 

I started with a nice solid basecoat of Mournfang Brown (remember to use two coats to get an even finished #duncanlolz), I then washed the skin with army painter strong tone ink. Highlights were a case of just adding Skrag Brown to Mournfang and then pallid wych flesh added for the final highlights.

On 8/15/2016 at 7:28 AM, Cowboy Boots Matt said:

@Paul Buckler Cheers for posting your list, didn't want to ruin any tricks up your sleeve. It was a tough game for sure, as we discussed I could have chosen my targets better and picked on one flank of your army. Not pushing up the savages was also a mistake.

Having a bit of a quiet day yesterday allowed me to finished my first model and get the flesh right:

IMG_6008.JPG

The base is a place-holder and after a bit of feedback on the  chest bones I am going to rethink these and paint them the same as the rest of the talons/knot bone etc. The overall scheme is pretty set in stone (lolz) as I am closely following the Bleeding Hollow clan scheme from Wow, this includes the chalky tribal warpaint.

Overall very happy with him as this was the second attempt at the skin. Just another 19 of these guys to go!

Nice clean looking paint job! A whole army of these guys will look very good!

• 2 months later...

Wow, so it's been awhile since I updated my blog. Suffice to say the Ogorruks have been left on the shelf for awhile!

I have finally got around to working on the models and @Donal lit my destruction fires again after speaking at Clash a few weeks ago. I am hoping to get some interesting WIP's up on here this weekend. Attached are a few pictures I haven't yet shared, let me know what you think!

Mournfang Mockups:

CqNy8MiW8AAVCPi.jpg

CqNy8NxWgAAMHFj.jpg

3 'Ogors' i've been working on:

Cqx5oPiW8AAOrYv.jpg

Cheers @Nico and @Donal - Unfortunately they won't be around for AoSanta, there is still a huge amount of work yet to be done on the overall army.  Although, thanks to speaking with Donal I am looking at swapping out the Savages for the time being and sticking to a pure Beastclaw list as these now seems viable and it has the benefit of reducing the number of models I need to paint.

It would leave me with a list like this:

-Huskard/or Frostlord on Stonehorn

- 2 Huskards on Thundertusks

- 4 Mournfang

- 3 Yet's /or 4 Sabertusks

- Stonehorn Beastriders

I am planning for the Thudertusks / Stonehorns and Wolves to have this level of armour:

ironhordewolf.jpg

5618.png

Will you run the mournfang as a unit of 4 or 2 units of 2? If 2 units of 2 then I would take the Huskard on Stonehorn and the Eurlbad formation (the one I ran at clash). The output from the Huskard in that formation is insane (and much better than the frostlord imho).

The teleporting armies may be a hard counter to your list, but you might other than that I think that its a really strong list. Take and hold will be the most difficult scenario but think you should be able to take down most things with the stonekard/stonelord and thundertusks.

Looking to see the army as you start painting!

Will you run the mournfang as a unit of 4 or 2 units of 2? If 2 units of 2 then I would take the Huskard on Stonehorn and the Eurlbad formation (the one I ran at clash). The output from the Huskard in that formation is insane (and much better than the frostlord imho).

Currently my lists are looking like 2 units of 2 + Eurlbad. I'm still not 100% that the Huskard gets +1 dmg on all the stonehorn attacks so this is causing me to dither slightly!

13 minutes ago, Cowboy Boots Matt said:

Currently my lists are looking like 2 units of 2 + Eurlbad. I'm still not 100% that the Huskard gets +1 dmg on all the stonehorn attacks so this is causing me to dither slightly!

I just ask the TO (Paddy said he does!) :)

Archived