General Hobby Chatter!

Overread

I've just built my first Cygor for beasts of chaos. I love the model, it looks so cool and I love how the alternative versions look so different from each other (unlike some other multi version kits!) so I was excited to finally getting around to making one for myself!

It is the single worst kit I've ever built in my life! The thing is a huge pain in the butt! Many of the bits of hair, spikes, horns etc are extremely fragile and have snapped off more than once! Its necklace has tiny connection points that don't line up on both side at the same time!

The instructions are dire! So many pieces are misnumbered, I spent a good quarter of an hour trying to work out why an arm didn't fit at the elbow before realising that its also misnumbered, possibly more than once as it looks likes its used in the alternative build as well!

What's worse is that I have ended up with three more of these kits to have to build.....😅

On 11/12/2022 at 6:47 AM, JackStreicher said:

Recently I finished more multi-level terrain ( 2 1/2 Goblin Town boxes)

4275F068-083D-4177-828C-B60B8198A1B5.jpeg

E3453DBD-FDEF-4CE9-9138-4CB7AA011D16.jpeg

77C508DF-F600-4834-87A7-3A8B76136C47.jpeg

7F566E77-72CE-41CC-8745-ABC57BFBD04C.jpeg

I love the smattering of greenish blue here! Really gives some life to what could otherwise just be 'brown wood'! Great stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey y'all. Id like to get some opinions on an army proxy idea that I've been sitting on awhile. I want to make a forest troggoth counts as Sylvaneth army and now that kurnoth hunters can be battline I've really been considering pulling the trigger on this one. So here's what I've come up with so far. 

Generel:

Forest trogg hag on khameleon-krusha

(Counts as Alarielle) plan to use a mirebrute trogg on a maw-krusha. Hagify the mirebrute, cut wings off krusha and give the head a more chameleon like appearance. Im not yet sure how to do the wings on the hag like Alarielle. 

X6 forest (rockgut) troggs with bows. 

(Counts as kurnoth with bows

X3 forest troggs with 2 handed mauls. 

(Counts as kurnoth with scythe

X3 forest troggs with greatswords. 

(Counts as kurnoth with greatswords)

X20 myconid (mushroom folk)

Counts as dryad

2000 points on the dot. 

Heres a couple of quick sketches of ideas. 

7fd3b5ab-f919-4137-a66a-4dca54b6290f.png.4e5aaf99c4d04e4584749a72c1818cbf.png5fe256dd-b4a2-4d79-828a-65be9a101399.png.f6ecf5894681613f4a682a300af4992b.png

Think this could work? Would you play against it?

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Hey y'all. Id like to get some opinions on an army proxy idea that I've been sitting on awhile. I want to make a forest troggoth counts as Sylvaneth army and now that kurnoth hunters can be battline I've really been considering pulling the trigger on this one. So here's what I've come up with so far. 

Generel:

(Counts as Alarielle) plan to use a mirebrute trogg on a maw-krusha. Hagify the mirebrute, cut wings off krusha and give the head a more chameleon like appearance. Im not yet sure how to do the wings on the hag like Alarielle. 

Counts as dryad

2000 points on the dot. 

7fd3b5ab-f919-4137-a66a-4dca54b6290f.png.4e5aaf99c4d04e4584749a72c1818cbf.png5fe256dd-b4a2-4d79-828a-65be9a101399.png.f6ecf5894681613f4a682a300af4992b.png

This looks brilliant, and I would if I played!

Trolls have a good tie to forests, so that works well in theme for me. It's just that their Trolldomur manifests a bit differently (Trolldomur, or Troll-doings, is a term for magic in (iirc) old Norse).

Perhaps "Larry's" wings could be branches with leaves?

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Generel:

Counts as dryad

2000 points on the dot. 

I didnt know what Myconid were so i did a quick search. I really like some of the designs. But i wondered if they dont crawl into Orruk territory in a way as being a fungus type creature. They could coexist in the same universe i guess :P.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I didnt know what Myconid were so i did a quick search. I really like some of the designs. But i wondered if they dont crawl into Orruk territory in a way as being a fungus type creature. They could coexist in the same universe i guess :P.

Fungus Leshy is another term that gives nice mushroom people.

The Veiled Lady would make a nice Larry:

resize-lady-promo.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Perhaps "Larry's" wings could be branches with leaves?

Thanks for the input. That might work or i was thinking more of some kind of magical trophy the hag wears like a backpack. Something from a corpe rippa vulcha, bloodthirter wings, or a lord of change. A real trophy if you will. I do like the idea of a kind of magical macrame wing set. 

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

But i wondered if they dont crawl into Orruk territory in a way as being a fungus type creature.

77f7304d-c591-4e07-b59d-34fda52b8a7d.png.5e5f38d3bec4caba830bf3200707ea3a.png

another quick sketch. not too far off original and would help "tie into" what the proxy is supposed to be. 

Thanks for input. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hey KingBrodd, this one's for all you giant lovers out there. I finally dipped my toe into the 3D printing world. Here's my take on the Fomoroid Crusher from Warcry. Makes a great cyclops though that would substitute well as a small gargant or a unique ogor. Personally he marches alongside my mortals in my slaves to darkness army. 

The 3D print model is from the OnePageRules miniature line

image.jpeg.71a29602188524470a4fe445f856a02c.jpeg

• Like 5