Help picking next army

Frowny

Hi there, I'm looking to start a second army and wanted some thoughts on what to play. I currently play sylvaneth in a more hoardy way and am interested in something a little different

Things I'm looking for

Ongoing mobility (not just stormcast deepstrike once)

Mobile screens 

Mobile hammer type units

Elite, smallish model count

Preferably death or chaos

Does not need to be supercompetitive

Any thoughts? I'm kinda leaning toward tzeentch with a lot of enlightened or death with bloodknights. 

Thoughts?

Honestly, the best options would be Seraphon and IDK, at least in my opinion.

For death you can go FEC Flayer spam, Legion of Blood using gravesites to bring your screens from reserve instead of making them footslog, whille both VLoZD and Blood Knights make great hammers.  

For chaos BoC may make a better Tzeench, they have some cheap mobile troops that can be used as screens, lots of variety, you can expand them into any chaos battletome. Or go everchosen because Varanguards are cool.

Soulblight/Legion of Blood could work for you. 

Soulblight you can field 1000 points pretty easily. Start collecting Flesh Eater Courts gives you Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon and 3 Vargheists. Then get two boxes of the Aelf Dragon Blades to convert into Bloodknights. I’d personally then get the death upgrade kit and order some third party vampire heads. All of that will cost you around the same price as two start collecting kits, less if you try eBay or other sellers. 

Skaven!!!!

I know it sounds funny and all, but believe me this could be the perfect army for you.

Almost all of our units are very mobile.

we might not be able to run and charge, but that really isn’t what our warriors are meant for either.

always wanted to be a mad scientist, who laughs while overrunning his foes with  a  spiked rat wheel like motorbike, whith rotating blades, then your better of with the skaven, with which your not only restricted to one of this so called doomwheels but can basically fulfill your madnificent dream of overrunning your enemy troops, with not only 1 but 4of of this lovely machines, although be ready for any malfunctions.

And this isn’t all the skaven have to offer, we basically have the option to teleport our units and heroes through spell casting, through other units and even by throwing them down the Swiss-cheese-holes (gnawholes).

Fear that your army will have trouble in keeping your enemy combat units at bay, fear not as our very brave clan warriors “the clanrats” will deal with any enemy deepstriking units or other hammering units, keeping your more elite troops save from harm, while your meatshields die-Die in droves.

and after your meatshields units well have descended into rat-heaven, you’ll want to have some elite hammering units that can deal with anything in front of them, with which thankfully the skaven race, has a few tricks up there sleeves.

want something bulky and devastating on the charge, then I present to you clans moulders fighting beasts, which has a smallish but brutal range of units, that go from the cheap bulky ratogres, to the warpmodified Stormfiends, till it reaches the line of abominable, mutated, much better frankenstein-like  monster, “the hellpit”.

the combinations in list building is huge.

want to go somewhat into the tournament scene, well we can other that, with our great spelllore, artefacts, commandtraits and good options of units, or are you looking for a fun time for both players, the. The skaven can still other that with their great synergy’s and the possibility of having some malfunctions that can basically change the game.

I think you are describing Slaanesh, though the aesthetic may not be what you want Beasts of Chaos could also work perfectly for this.

Tzeench is magic first, mobility second, but with Tzaangors you have quite a capable melee/missile option as well, and putting some BoC in is quite easy. Monetarily, Tzeench is quite a bit, as it relies on lots and lots of models (pink horrors turning into blue horrors turning into brimstone horrors or the Ogroid casting brimstone horrors where he strikes is awesome, but requires a lot of plastic).