The Rumour Thread

For the faction focus articles do we think it will be...

Mon - Friday     
Order>Chaos>Death>Destruction>Order

until we run out of Death and Destruction factions and have to add more Chaos/Order factions?... I really hope Death and Destruction get some more factions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Mon - Friday     

until we run out of Death and Destruction factions and have to add more Chaos/Order factions?... I really hope Death and Destruction get some more factions.

I guess it will be in no particular order 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

I really hope Death and Destruction get some more factions.

I would love to see "Mortal Faction" Battalion Boxes (similar to the DarkOath) for Death and Destruction. Death - Mortals who worship Nagash and form cults around the nature of Death. Destruction - Genghis Khan style mounted Mortal tribes that trade and deal with green skins. So many cool ideas. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Mon - Friday     

Destruction should have at least one more faction by splitting kruelboyz and ironjawz 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Mon - Friday     

IMO they will be random. Maybe to showcase different stuff that we didn't see about the new edition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

What could Death even have? Soulblight cannibalized Halloween Skeletons, Werecritters, and Vampirates are too similar a concept to not just end up under Gravelords. Maybe mummies? 

Silent People? Like dead/parasitic insects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We had the no 40k preview. Now they have the no #NewAoS preview.

I wonder how many rumour engines we will see revealed. The Christmas list have to be cleared:

image.png.c9854177de312e3e8b2255aeca33cbe2.png

i'm starting to think the bottom row sword is a Thunderstrike Judicator, probably the champion?

the potion hands still eluding us feels like FEC or NH again have more stuff coming.

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i'm starting to think the bottom row sword is a Thunderstrike Judicator, probably the champion?

the potion hands still eluding us feels like FEC or NH again have more stuff coming.

Uhhh. The Judicator is a pretty solid guess! The problem is that it would put them ever closer to Vigilors... if they even have the same melee weapon.

1 minute ago, Danaork said:

Do we have a release date for Grombrindal warscroll ?

Either this Thursday or the following one. I think it tends to be on Thursdays, unless we get it on the WD and we have to wait.

16 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

What could Death even have? Soulblight cannibalized Halloween Skeletons, Werecritters, and Vampirates are too similar a concept to not just end up under Gravelords. Maybe mummies? 

Well eventually there will be three more Mortarchs for Death in the future and I assume at least one or all of them will get to be a brand new army in the future.

maybe Franksteinian crazy tech army idk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well eventually there will be three more Mortarchs for Death in the future and I assume at least one or all of them will get to be a brand new army in the future.

maybe Franksteinian crazy tech army idk

What about current characters being promoted to Mortarchs and having two in the same army. Would be this too unrealistic?

33 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Deadwalkers flesh construct army (not just zombies but amalgams,frankenstein electrical powered monsters and so on).

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Uhhh. The Judicator is a pretty solid guess! The problem is that it would put them ever closer to Vigilors... if they even have the same melee weapon.

it's true :(weapons being unified across a range is great at least.

it doesn't seem like Liberators are getting a sword option, unless the reveal article is specifically separating the launch sprues from a multipart box... it's too plain for a new Heraldor hero.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about current characters being promoted to Mortarchs and having two in the same army. Would be this too unrealistic?

Well maybe one or two of the last three end up leading the Blood dragons or Vykros Dynasty.

i just assume that not all three would all be put in Soulblight grave lords. (Granted I forgot Arkhan got put into OBR) 

46 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Mon - Friday     

Agreed on more death and destruction factions

Gimme cannibal halflings who act like the tyranids in 40k and devour everything like a swarm and work with ogors sometimes

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

it's true :(weapons being unified across a range is great at least.

it doesn't seem like Liberators are getting a sword option, unless the reveal article is specifically separating the launch sprues from a multipart box... it's too plain for a new Heraldor hero.

Maybe a new Questor. There was a dual sword Questor using that kind of swords.

my long standing theory is that eventually each of the death factions would get 2 Mortarchs. However, now that Ushoran is out.. I don't think FEC needs another Mortarch. So maybe we'll see 3 new factions for Death eventually? 

Silent-People
Frankensteinian Monsters
Mortals of Nagash

for destruction with no real basis in lore
Elementals - Like the incarnates in design but a faction. 
Deep Lords (?) - the aquatic threat Idoneth are dealing with. 
Goblin Sky Pirates

• Like 2

Vampire pirates with new Pirate Mortach , Frankenstein necromancer army with Necromancer human mortarh, and then Blood knights get a Mortarch for SbGL 

destruction: Grot sky pirate, Kragnos Beastmen replacement, and Deep lords

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Alright, since we’re talking about this I’ll throw in my line: bring the tomb kings back to AOS. Seriously, just create a Ancient-Egyptian/Middle Eastern themed faction that focuses on warmachines and fast attack, create an oc Mortarch (I’m thinking “Mortarch of Eternity”) and have them be all about slowly expanding Shyish’s influence throughout the realms(desertification).

Vampirates brought back as treasure seekers/collectors of arcane lore/death god hunters. Naturally lead by a Mortarch of the Abyss (a picture of Harkon and count noctilus), with a focus on guns and sea monsters.

New Soulblight Mortarch to replace Arkhan when he inevitably becomes a OBR only mortarch.

Edited by Twisted Firaun

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright, since we’re talking about this I’ll throw in my line: bring the tomb kings back to AOS. Seriously, just create a Ancient-Egyptian/Middle Eastern themed faction that focuses on warmachines and fast attack, create an oc Mortarch (I’m thinking “Mortarch of Eternity”) and have them be all about slowly expanding Shyish’s influence throughout the realms(desertification).

Vampirates brought back as treasure seekers/collectors of arcane lore/death god hunters. Naturally lead by a Mortarch of the Abyss (a picture of Harkon and count noctilus), with a focus on guns and sea monsters.

New Soulblight Mortarch to replace Arkhan when he inevitably becomes a OBR only mortarch.

IMO it is literally impossible to happen. With TOW now and the fact that both games have to have distinguished armies we won't see an Egyptian-themed army.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO it is literally impossible to happen. With TOW now and the fact that both games have to have distinguished armies we won't see an Egyptian-themed army.

LET A TOMB KING DREAM @Ejecutor!!! LET ME DREAM!!!

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

No. Tomb Kings need to remain in TOW so that the Ossiarchs can stand on their own without their old inspiration competing on their turf for the "organised undead empire" slot.

• Like 9