The Rumour Thread

I’m just happy this Soulblight one got the recognition it deserved. It was doing the rounds on Twitter before they entered it and made jaws drop.

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Long term gw employees fit that niche perfectly. Also the game is just a couple of months old, with the longest pre launch build up of any GW game ever.

Plus didn’t they say after the Adepticon reveals that the new Spearhead mode has been very popular between the play groups as something super quick to play?

Between AoS4 & Spearhead I imagine a lot of attentions will shift over to the new faster games that’ll give the employees a lot of different systems to enjoy and talk about.

(and hopefully influence Warcry love to keep it quick & clean)

29 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

the way they've set up the Realms, they could probably infinitely rotate between them. i know people aren't thrilled we're going back to Aqshy, but the fact that skaven are ripping their sub-realm into part of Aqshy means there could always be this push-pull within them. Nagash could help force Skavenblight back into the subrealm, maybe Tzeentch steals the GHR idea and rips part of its own Realm into Chamon or something.

I appreciate we’re going back to Aqshy with how they’ve set-up AoS4 to be a “AoS1 reforged” situation.

Plus they said the starter play-mat will be both Aqshy & Ghyran giving us a nice scope to use both Realms like AoS1.5 had started in 2017 as both realities became important between Seeds of Hope & Firestorm campaign.

It’s all circling together again.

image.jpeg.7f63925912162c85b4b7ab771dda27cf.jpeg
644000569.jpg
IMG_2875.webp?ex=66132311&is=6600ae11&hm

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

They catastrophically overproduced it last time

No catastrophe for buyers. Its everywhere, no panic buying, can't be scalped, and is an affordable start to either army.

I'd say that was pretty preferable to a situation where the starter box is only available from retail for 24 hours and thereafter can only be bought from ebay for double the price. 

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

No catastrophe for buyers. Its everywhere, no panic buying, can't be scalped, and is an affordable start to either army.

I'd say that was pretty preferable to a situation where the starter box is only available from retail for 24 hours and thereafter can only be bought from ebay for double the price. 

Yeah and they said on the financial reports it was their best-selling fantasy launch to date. With how it doubled forum & Reddit numbers and got so much positivity from players to even today I’d say it was a good thing.(even Amazon keeps selling 100 boxes a month, in the long term that’s stellar for more players)

I’m really hoping we get a repeat because a box everywhere just means more easier entries into the hobby and happier players not having an, ironically, rat race trying to get a box before it’s gone. 

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Definitely one of the greatest Slayer-Sword winning pieces I've ever seen, at least in my top 5. Amazing idea and fantastic execution.

GDUSA2024 SlayerSwordWinner Mar24 Img1

I have a problem with that one. It is the one I looked at the most but just simply because I don't get what's going on on the lower side.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Definitely one of the greatest Slayer-Sword winning pieces I've ever seen, at least in my top 5. Amazing idea and fantastic execution.

GDUSA2024 SlayerSwordWinner Mar24 Img1

I have a problem with that one. It is the one I looked at the most but just simply because I don't get what's going on on the lower side.

24 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

"Can't be scalped". I still see people buying them to split them into units to make money.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yeah I don’t get the attitude about Dominion. Unfortunately the console wars attitude has spread to everything these days. I bought cursed city and a bunch of broken realms stuff. I tend to budget pretty strictly. I decided to skip the launch box as it would have exceeded my budget. But then it stayed in stock and then went on sale. I was able to pick up the box for a reasonable price (Japanese third party retailers never offer discounts). This is the ideal situation for a launch box. Enough stock for everyone who wants one to get, and a reduce price later for those who have limited funds. I wish every launch box was like this. 
I definitely worried that there be very limited stock this time around. The starter box will be my major purchase for this year. I hope there’s enough stock for me to get a copy.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The vampire is reflected in the water, except they themselves have no reflection (vampire folklore), it's just the suit of armour and the cape etc. with a spirit floating around them. It also looks as though the creature in the tree hollow doesn't have one either.

Without gushing over this entry too hard, I think it is sublime! I hadn't seen this one doing the rounds. Congrats to the entrant!

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It's a false mirror. The diorama invokes the sense of a water reflection, but the entire diorama has just been rebuilt upside down.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

"Can't be scalped". I still see people buying them to split them into units to make money.

While they do make some cash on it, I've always viewed box splits as a value added service.
Often I only want one thing, or a few things, or a single side from a box GW puts out and it's very often been much better for me to just buy them individually at a little markup rather than add some stuff I don't want to my hobby desk, or have to faff about eBaying them.

accidental naughty word
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

with a spirit floating around them.

I really like that detail because Cado has so many ghost familiars bound to his rings he calls on for assistance. 

I’d love that to be the basis of a future Hollow King novel cover or even referenced in some Soulbound Soulblight material.

• Like 3

With the bit of speculation about lessons learned from the starter box sales being highest for the terrain included box and the apparent inclusion of terrain in the launch box... is it possible they might effectively just try splitting the launch product into two?

Terrain in the launch box is a return to form for them, as launch and starter boxes used to be the same thing back in the day - which is also a departure from their current setup (Leviathan included) for edition launches.
Maybe they're gonna try something weird and do a "I already play" box with special book and what-not, and a beginner variant with terrain and some kind of lesser inclusion straight out of the gate on launch day?

image.jpeg.a91673ec5690325730c69a4848fda2b2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

not going touch whatever going on with these recently debates with 39-and-a-half foot pole!

So what the seem likely the faction that will come out post-starter wave?

With how GW treated 3E and 40k 10th It 2-4 factions that will only receive a hero model maybe two before dropping an another wave of models for a faction

If i had to guess it be

• Soulblight
  • Gloomspite gitz
  • Seraphon
  • Slaves to darkness

in whatever order they want

Orruks are likely to be one of the first 4-5 releases. Whoever was the "enemy" faction in the previous edition's starters seems to get an early release with a few things.

9th ed 40k had Deathguard as one of the first few codexes with a new character and terrain

3rd ed AoS had Nighthaunt within the first 6 months with 2 characters and a unit

10th ed 40k had Necrons has the 3rd codex with 3 characters

I could see Orruks with a unit and a couple of characters being a December/January release. I know we all want Bonesplitterz to get the love Ironjawz and Kruleboyz have but they could also be done with one new unit, a couple of plastic character updates and the existing plastics they have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Orruks are likely to be one of the first 4-5 releases. Whoever was the "enemy" faction in the previous edition's starters seems to get an early release with a few things.

9th ed 40k had Deathguard as one of the first few codexes with a new character and terrain

3rd ed AoS had Nighthaunt within the first 6 months with 2 characters and a unit

I could see Orruks with a unit and a couple of characters being a December/January release. I know we all want Bonesplitterz to get the love Ironjawz and Kruleboyz have but they could also be done with one new unit, a couple of plastic character updates and the existing plastics they have.

I would love an arrowboyz unit that looks like the warband arrowboy. 

Wereboar unit needs to happen too some day.

image.png.96db7eac3d3a816842030fe541b7bb88.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Les Orruks seront probablement l’une des 4 à 5 premières versions. Celui qui était la faction "ennemie" dans les entrées de l'édition précédente semble bénéficier d'une version anticipée avec quelques éléments.

La 9e édition 40k avait Deathguard comme l'un des premiers codex avec un nouveau personnage et un nouveau terrain.

L'AoS de 3e édition avait Nighthaunt au cours des 6 premiers mois avec 2 personnages et une unité

10ème édition 40k avait Necrons a le 3ème codex avec 3 caractères

Je pouvais voir Orruks avec une unité et quelques personnages sortir en décembre/janvier. Je sais que nous voulons tous que Bonesplitterz reçoive l'amour d'Ironjawz et de Kruleboyz, mais cela pourrait également être réalisé avec une nouvelle unité, quelques mises à jour de personnages en plastique et les plastiques existants dont ils disposent.

Sure. We can see Orruk receive his tome soon after 4rth edition lauch. However, i didn't see Bonesplitterz continue to figures in AoS and Kruleboyz/Ironjawz be splited. I prefer see no longer the big waaagh! be in the game, i think it is embarrassing for other Orruks factions (KB,IJ).

Sure. We can see Orruk receive his tome soon after 4rth edition lauch. However, i didn't see Bonesplitterz continue to figures in AoS and Kruleboyz/Ironjawz be splited. I prefer see no longer the big waaagh! be in the game too, i think it is embarrassing for other Orruks factions (KB,IJ).

⚠️ Correction message ⚠️

42 minutes ago, EonChao said:

If  IF Ork warclans are one of the first faction and they get the single hero treatment I hope it Rouge Idol 

but if we're doing some units for Bonesplitterz

• Rouge Idol with Gork or Mork build
  • New Wurrgog prophet on Orthrus bear
  • Stealth orruks trackers (a kruleboyz turn Bonesplitterz)
  • Boneplitterz berserker (radiating waagh! magic)
  • A name character whether it be a Wurrgog or Big boss

image.jpeg.b4555bad15af5a1a6a0ce35c232014a5.jpeg

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

If  IF Ork warclans are one of the first faction and they get the single hero treatment I hope it Rouge Idol 

but if we're doing some units for Bonesplitterz

• Rouge Idol with Gork or Mork build
  • New Wurrgog prophet on Orthrus bear
  • Stealth orruks trackers (a kruleboyz turn Bonesplitterz)
  • Boneplitterz berserker (radiating waagh! magic)
  • A name character whether it be a Wurrgog or Big boss

image.jpeg.b4555bad15af5a1a6a0ce35c232014a5.jpeg

As I said in my post, the previous starter faction seems to get more than a single character. Look at December's Necron release. They got 3 characters, 2 named ones and an alternate lord. Likewise Nighthaunt got two characters and a unit. Obviously nothing is certain but I think Orruks will get more than one character (even if it's just stuff for Kruleboyz and Ironjawz)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danaork said:

Sure. We can see Orruk receive his tome soon after 4rth edition lauch. However, i didn't see Bonesplitterz continue to figures in AoS and Kruleboyz/Ironjawz be splited. I prefer see no longer the big waaagh! be in the game too, i think it is embarrassing for other Orruks factions (KB,IJ).

⚠️ Correction message ⚠️

It would be in GW's interests to split KB and IJ into separate books tbh, both would need some more stuff to round out their rosters though I think 

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Plus they said the starter play-mat will be both Aqshy & Ghyran giving us a nice scope to use both Realms like AoS1.5 had started in 2017 as both realities became important between Seeds of Hope & Firestorm campaign.

It’s all circling together again.

could you DM me the full sized image of this? expanding it doesnt do much of anything 😔

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

could you DM me the full sized image of this? expanding it doesnt do much of anything 😔

The maps connected by Hammerhal?

The Warhammer Community site has a better picture of it when they announced the Stormcast Eternals 2017 tome:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/17/5-reasons-the-new-battletome-rocks/

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah and they said on the financial reports it was their best-selling fantasy launch to date. With how it doubled forum & Reddit numbers and got so much positivity from players to even today I’d say it was a good thing.(even Amazon keeps selling 100 boxes a month, in the long term that’s stellar for more players)

I’m really hoping we get a repeat because a box everywhere just means more easier entries into the hobby and happier players not having an, ironically, rat race trying to get a box before it’s gone. 

It was great for customers, and good for GW overall, but for some retailers Dominion was a complete disaster. My local shop is sitting on several that he can’t move even at 50% off.  This is dead inventory that he paid GW for (because they required minimum quantity orders), and the leftovers that he can’t sell have basically wiped out any profits he made from the ones that sold. I’ve visited several other shops that have piles in the corner, or are using Dominion as display stands for other products. 

The lesson has been learned, and I think some shops will think twice about ordering any more than exactly what they need to meet guaranteed sales with preorders this time around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

The vampire is reflected in the water, except they themselves have no reflection (vampire folklore), it's just the suit of armour and the cape etc. with a spirit floating around them. It also looks as though the creature in the tree hollow doesn't have one either.

Without gushing over this entry too hard, I think it is sublime! I hadn't seen this one doing the rounds. Congrats to the entrant!

Ohhhh. Now it makes sense. I was wondering if the spirit floating around was his soul or something like that. I saw it more in an "upside down" style rather than water.