The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

This happened at Warhammer Fest, so yes, it had one.

It is true that the box was showcased, but that's not what I mean by a dedicated preview. Domion had not one but two purely for the box exclusively and its follow-up:

Warhammer Preview Online: Unboxing Dominion - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Warhammer Preview Online – Dominion Celebration - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

here's a thought... what if there isn't a NEW lie, and we're getting a bit of a red herring here??

Whitefang's said Death will have a protagonist role in 4e & we've seen teases of Shyish's role in the campaign books and shorts.

We KNOW for a fact that Nagash hates Sigmar because he feels betrayed; what if this is Nagash saying "Sigmar lied"?

What if the protagonist from Death is Zenestra? She seems to be connected to both Order and Death.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is true that the box was showcased, but that's not what I mean by a dedicated preview. Domion had not one but two purely for the box exclusively and its follow-up:

Warhammer Preview Online: Unboxing Dominion - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Warhammer Preview Online – Dominion Celebration - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

For what I see, that was anticipation one month prior for a july release, am I right? It's fair to asume then we could get further reveal by the beginning of may then

23 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Beasts of Chaos cease to exist, but some stuff gets rolled into slaves

Why is everyone so certain recently that BoC are getting cut? Various iterations of that rumour have been going around since 1st edition, it's never been true and I don't think it's true this time either. They literally got a new miniature just over a year ago. I think it's far more likely that they're the next big range refresh after Skaven, maybe even as early as Q1 next year.

30 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

So given that rumours point to an index at the start of 4th edition. Anyone like to theorise what kits/subfactions/armies are being cut?

I'll start:

* Bonesplitterz (sad face)

* Cities dwarves

* Beasts of Chaos cease to exist, but some stuff gets rolled into slaves

* endless spells and (possibly) faction terrain

* Most fatcast from first edition: prosecutors, liberators, paladins. They'll prob get replaced with thunderstrike equivalents - we've already seen what new liberators look like in Realms of Ruin. Unsure about the fate of the pyjama-cast, or vanguard. 

* Skaven resin/metal stuff as rumoured 

* yhetees, old gorgers, cats, maneaters, firebelly, slaughtermaster

I think GW is going to be brutal next edition. For the past year or more there have been serious stock issues, with some people waiting a year to get hands on a loonshrine, for instance. Even plastic kits go out of stock for months at a time.

I get the feeling their factory or warehouse can't keep up with production demand. This is only made worse by their ever expanding catalogue. They need to cut back to make room for new releases.

Boc, bones and generic endless axed. Faction terrain costing points and ironjawz and kbz separated. 

Edited by Ragest

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It was a dedicated one due to spreading the previews over several days. 40k E10 Celebration-style Preview stream was an irregular one -- this was split between the Battle for Oghram results (Tyranids there) and NOVA Open.

Mind that Dominion Celebration was a follow-up to the multiday Fest 2021 which announced AoS E3 (there was no Adepticon teaser) with a different approach to faction focus and content reveal. At least compared with Leviathan.

Edited by Preppikoma
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Why is everyone so certain recently that BoC are getting cut? Various iterations of that rumour have been going around since 1st edition, it's never been true and I don't think it's true this time either. They literally got a new miniature just over a year ago. I think it's far more likely that they're the next big range refresh after Skaven, maybe even as early as Q1 next year.

I might be mistaken but I was under the impression that Whitefang has strongly implied it through their post reactions. I don’t put much stock in general rumours either, but Whitefang’s track record is pretty good.

(Perhaps someone else can confirm if I’ve imagined this? It’s hard to keep up with everything on here sometimes 😅)

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

So given that rumours point to an index at the start of 4th edition. Anyone like to theorise what kits/subfactions/armies are being cut?

I'll start:

* Cities dwarves

* Beasts of Chaos cease to exist, but some stuff gets rolled into slaves

* endless spells and (possibly) faction terrain

* Most fatcast from first edition: prosecutors, liberators, paladins. They'll prob get replaced with thunderstrike equivalents - we've already seen what new liberators look like in Realms of Ruin. Unsure about the fate of the pyjama-cast, or vanguard. 

* Skaven resin/metal stuff as rumoured 

* yhetees, old gorgers, cats, maneaters, firebelly, slaughtermaster

I think GW is going to be brutal next edition. For the past year or more there have been serious stock issues, with some people waiting a year to get hands on a loonshrine, for instance. Even plastic kits go out of stock for months at a time.

I get the feeling their factory or warehouse can't keep up with production demand. This is only made worse by their ever expanding catalogue. They need to cut back to make room for new releases.

The index isn't the time to make cuts. If we use 40k 10th edition as an example, all the old kits were there. It's only when the codex comes out that we see the changes. Indexes are mostly used to keep the old playerbase happy. "Look here's rules for all your old toys. Don't worry." New players are more likely to buy one of the launch factions and GW wants to encourage that. The time the changes are made is with the codex. This is the chance for GW to say "look at all this new stuff. Who cares are Razordons when we have this awesome new Spawn of Chotec."

With the possible exception of the Beasts of Chaos, I don't think they'll cut anything going into 4th edition. Resin kits will be cut and hopefully replaced when each book comes out. 

As for book cuts with books I don't see anything major. With the launch of the new cities range, the biggest piece of negative feedback was about the lack of Duardin and Aelves. Gw has to realise they hit on a popular idea with the melting pots of the cities. They keep writing new fiction that features cities Duardin. It's much more likely that we see new Duardin and Aelves for cities than those ranges get dumped and the book becomes human only.

The reason the new minis are all humans is because three years ago when gw were planning the new range, everyone was asking about normal humans. We've seen this time and time again with AoS. Remember when people were complaining about the lack of Aelves in the setting or when their were complaints that Death hadn't got any AoS minis yet. 

TLDR Resin models will go away but it will continue to happen gradually.  Indexes will include ALL current models. Cities Duardin and Aelves aren't going anywhere but could get new sculpts. Beasts of Chaos- who knows??

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright, we're less then a week out from Adepticon, so if anyone on this site has managed to get a hold of unfiltered sprues of upcoming models post them now or hold your piece.

Hold your what? I had no idea this forum was into that sort of thing. 

In other news I just re-watched the 40k leviathan trailer. Every single model from the launch box featured in the cinematic. From the teaser, were definitely getting a cg trailer for AoS so even if they don't show off the full box we should get a pretty good idea of the contents next week. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Danaork said:

I hope There's more fight scenes in the cinematic for 4rth edition than in 3rd.

Personally I'm just hoping we get a similar campaign to the one that Space Marines and Nids got: where it ties into whose tome and new kits got revealed first. Judging by how many fans the rat-boys have (myself included), I know the answer already....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What if the protagonist from Death is Zenestra? She seems to be connected to both Order and Death.

She does seem to be an immortal lich that drains the lifeforce of her followers to exist, but she is also a Sigmar-worshipping priest at the head of a religious cult in the cities of sigmar, she doesn’t seem to have much connection to death as like an organized faction or anything. She’s not a skeleton revived by necromancy or anything, it seems like a weirder faith-based thing where the “living” zenestra is her main body she interacts with the world using, even though it’s a projection that attacks pass right through and the skeleton is her original body.

1 hour ago, Danaork said:Tell me, are the sword of Khaine persisting in the Mortals realms ?

In the end times the sword of Khaine lost all its power after Tyrion (who’d become kind of the mortal host of Khaine) was killed and it was kind of just discarded as ulthuan sank immediately after that death. The only known shard of Khaine in the mortal realms is his heart (the only piece khorne couldn’t destroy and melt down) that Morathi has, with all other rumored ones being things she made up to send troublesome DoK on fruitless chases after. It definitely could survive and hold some of his power still though, or the concept of it could be seen to continue with the weapons Khorne’s favored bloodthirsters got, which were made from Khaine’s melted down body.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Togetak said:

In the end times the sword of Khaine lost all its power after Tyrion (who’d become kind of the mortal host of Khaine) was killed and it was kind of just discarded as ulthuan sank immediately after that death. The only known shard of Khaine in the mortal realms is his heart (the only piece khorne couldn’t destroy and melt down) that Morathi has, with all other rumored ones being things she made up to send troublesome DoK on fruitless chases after. It definitely could survive and hold some of his power still though, or the concept of it could be seen to continue with the weapons Khorne’s favored bloodthirsters got, which were made from Khaine’s melted down body.

• Significant weapon with an ambiguous fate 
  • Faction leader who's control over her people is built upon a lie

Should we start taking bets on how Morathi's house of cards will collapse? Will the Sword of Khaine be reintroduced and become the central artifact around which Morathi's dissenters will congregate? Perhaps Khaine might somehow regain enough power to have more influence over his followers, causing a schism amongst the DoK when they see that Morathi is not actually Khaine reborn? Or maybe it'll be Hellebron with the steel chair, showing up wielding weapons made from Khaine's body and gifted by Khorne, whom she pledged herself to during the End Times? 🤔🤔

6 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I'll start:

I honestly believe Bonesplitterz will get a refresh soon that is similar to the Darkoath release. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Personally I'm just hoping we get a similar campaign to the one that Space Marines and Nids got: where it ties into whose tome and new kits got revealed first. Judging by how many fans the rat-boys have (myself included), I know the answer already....

Maybe that's why GW changed the approach. They knew that would be almost a secured rat's win, so they changed the approach to the dawnbringer cities' defence. That way they also give a boost to the stores and add a bit of narrative flavour, which AoS has more tied to it than 40k.

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Next to the Quote Button is a plus. You can quote as many people as you like in 1 post instead of making several.

Oh, thanks. I was looking around this quotation button:

image.png.187fc6754d429fbd138d4856eb044820.png

I think I wouldn't change my approach still, as I was doing it from my mobile, and I am like a 90-year-old granny when it is related to mobile.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wurgog_on_a_Wyvern said:

Mean to be put in post above. Reason I believe bonesplitterz will get refreshed. Older photo from around half a year ago. Theres a giant Ice bone and an orc symbol, which I think is a huge nod to the Icebone Bonesplitterz. 

c8hud2axi0mb1.jpg.webp

Or perhaps it means GW will put Bonesplitterz "on ice" 🤔

(I'm joking, I do think Splitterz are on their way, they're so bloody rad)

• Haha 2