The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Baz said:

Just pointing out that last year at Adepticon they announced new 40k with some model reveals but then at the end of the preview they also spent around 45 minutes going through all sorts of things like small rules changes, datacard reveals etc so hopefully more of the same for aos 4 this year. 

And we got a follow-up article (not so far in time) showing 3 Termis or more with its little lantern as well.

Which Stormcast unit are we expecting? Some new and cool unit from the Ruination chamber? Or something renewed from 1st ed (maybe Liberators)?

2 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Are we expecting other teasers or V4/DB6 related news before adepticon? 

According to the comparison that we got in TGA, in 7 days we would get teaser 2. I think it is very feasible. The video we got seems it could continue, so maybe we get the extended version.

• Thanks 1

https://www.goonhammer.com/dawnbringers-book-v-shadow-of-the-crone-lore-review/

Just looking at the this they say this is the last book in the dawnbringer series, I thought there were going to be 6?

Also

"you’d think Hammerhal’s troubles were over. But threats still lurk further below: beady red eyes in the dark, the sounds of scuttling, and the odd disappearance in the city’s back alleys and gutters. There are reports of Skaven sightings around town"

Edited by Kempak

1 hour ago, Freypal said:

I do wonder if there will be some follow-on from the Hamilcar novel here. 

Doubtful, Ikrit being a Stormcast is just one of those fun Skaven things™ like the farsqueeker.

Something they can reference, but nothing in any serious front and centre lore.

17 minutes ago, Kempak said:

https://www.goonhammer.com/dawnbringers-book-v-shadow-of-the-crone-lore-review/

Just looking at the this they say this is the last book in the dawnbringer series, I thought there were going to be 6?

Also

"you’d think Hammerhal’s troubles were over. But threats still lurk further below: beady red eyes in the dark, the sounds of scuttling, and the odd disappearance in the city’s back alleys and gutters. There are reports of Skaven sightings around town"

It is true that it could be the "end" of the twin-tailed crusades, as they would be both settled down, but we still have the siege of Hammerhall. That would pretty likely be the big closing event. And I doubt we would have the book fuuully focused on the siege. I think they would give also the wrap-up for the Crusades.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And I doubt we would have the book fuuully focused on the sigue

Or the siege is the big starting event of 4th. Pretty much every faction will be involved too

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

4th ed is coming on june (allways the beginning of new fiscal year). It would be weird to not have any AoS release on two entire months.

The Darkoaths and all the Book 6 stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw, I'm still curious about the Horned Rat thing. Leaks appear to not know if it's an avatar of the god, the god itself, a behemoth miniature, not a behemoth miniature, or not exist at all.

My personal bet is going to be a demon with the size of the demon princes, I guess?

imagen.png.8685230c7d755f4da11897187f831ef0.png

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is true that it could be the "end" of the twin-tailed crusades, as they would be both settled down, but we still have the siege of Hammerhall. That would pretty likely be the big closing event. And I doubt we would have the book fuuully focused on the siege. I think they would give also the wrap-up for the Crusades.

Whitefang's seal of approval.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Disappointing if there is no sixth book or book similar to Wrath of Archaon with the fall of Hammerhall.

And very sad that we have not even seen a justification for the end of BOC.

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, I'm still curious about the Horned Rat thing. Leaks appear to not know if it's an avatar of the god, the god itself, a behemoth miniature, not a behemoth miniature, or not exist at all.

My personal bet is going to be a demon with the size of the demon princes, I guess?

imagen.png.8685230c7d755f4da11897187f831ef0.png

I’m guessing we might see a verminlord representing one of the aspect the current verminlord range doesn’t.

an avatar of the horned rat will never happen.

maybe barely a chanpion, but we (skreech) exist for a reason as his right claw.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

Disappointing if there is no sixth book or book similar to Wrath of Archaon with the fall of Hammerhall.

I wouldn’t worry about boc.

the speculation began with old world.

And considering that neither gloomspite, nor slaves to darkness really will be old world only, I doubt the same thing will be so with beasts of chaos

Edited by Skreech Verminking

9 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

No no. I am saying the opposite. We would have a 6th book focused on the siege like a 80% of the time. The other 20% would probably be wrapping up the Crusades, Callis and Toll, and Vandus and Ionus.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m guessing we might see a verminlord representing one of the aspect the current verminlord range doesn’t.

an avatar of the horned rat will never happen.

maybe barely a chanpion, but we (skreech) exist for a reason as his right claw.

I still don't correlate the new verminlord rumours with the new hornedrat-thing rumours. I may be too far off the mark, but I think those 2 rumours arent the same mini.

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I still don't correlate the new verminlord rumours with the new hornedrat-thing rumours. I may be too far off the mark, but I think those 2 rumours arent the same mini.

Only one really big model per release.

Just now, Nezzhil said:

Only one really big model per release.

Didn't say the bighornedrat-thing should be a very big mini. I was betting on a demon-prince mini, but it could be smaller as well.

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

There are too many people making up or throwing rumors around in the internet.

even some of the same-ish stuff from second and first edition rumors of skaven have come up.

Edit: Personally I don’t believe in more half of these rumors currently floating around.

and secondly.

pretty much all of these rumors will be correct with some of their prediction.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I wouldn’t worry about boc.

the speculation began with old world.

And considering that neither gloomspite, nor slaves to darkness really will be old world only, I doubt the same thing will be so with beasts of chaos

If I gave you a like who you know...

33 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

But we have always a big mystery...

What is the "gadget" of the edition ? If we will have one.

2th it was Endless Spells

3th Incarnate(s)

4th ? Cannon for everyone ? 

Artillery/War Machines could be really good.

New models for most factions and rules adapted to be used.

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Wait wait wait, where does that rumour come from ? I know Nurgle RE were dropped recently, but Idoneth ? I do not get it.

We also have a few REs that look like it would be from Idoneth. No rumours at all behind it. Just my guesses.

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Artillery/War Machines could be really good.

New models for most factions and rules adapted to be used.

Maybe a follow-up on the siege rules with new siege machines? It would be a nice way to continue after a big siege on Hammerhall.