The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

Atlatl Panzerfaust? Atlatl Panzerfaust. Glorious.

So sad it's the final reveal of the wave's contents. Also, weird there is no named character amongst them.

Maybe Anghor Prok will get a mini in a future tau battle box or something

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I am not sure why people are saying no DBs at this event. I mean sure maybe not, but at the same time I imagine that Adepticon will be focussed on AoS 4th Edition, so it is possible that this event will be used to show the last part of the leadup to 4th, as it is the leadup to 4th's announce.

I have two key factors to say it is too much:

1 - It is a smaller preview. Without stream, so lower amount of stuff is expected.
2 - Book 6 would be the ending of the series, so a bigger number of minis are expected. Including an IJ size of Darkoaths and Lady of the Ruin at least. Maybe Khul ascended. So we could have some, but not all of them. The rest would presumably come at adepticon and/or with warcom articles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I have two key factors to say it is too much:

1 - It is a smaller preview. Without stream, so lower amount of stuff is expected.
2 - Book 6 would be the ending of the series, so a bigger number of minis are expected. Including an IJ size of Darkoaths and Lady of the Ruin at least. Maybe Khul ascended. So we could have some, but not all of them. The rest would presumably come at adepticon and/or with warcom articles.

I won't lie, if Khorgos Khul doesn't become a daemon prince at the end of DB, I will kinda be dissapointed. He was literally the poster villain of the first edition, he deserves an actual model and an upgrade instead of languishing as a named version of the generic lord.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

I totally agree, but I can't see Dawnbringers 6 being revealed at World. I think that's some juicy meat to throw on adepticon, if it's not 40k focused (already prepared to eat my words tho)

To clarify I don't think it will be book 6 itself but rather a model or two that's accompanying it. Otherwise there's nothing really to reveal for AoS.

16 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Geese were actually part of the old Halfling army list in Warhammer as part of the Poultry Swarm. 

Yeah that's what makes me think Empire are next for TOW with a preview there. Some new Halfling models would both be something fun for the studio to make, and something very different to what had been around for the end of WFB and absent for all of AoS to generate hype.

Alternatively it could be from some kind of Shire set of releases for MESBG

15 minutes ago, EonChao said:

To clarify I don't think it will be book 6 itself but rather a model or two that's accompanying it. Otherwise there's nothing really to reveal for AoS.

Yeah that's what makes me think Empire are next for TOW with a preview there. Some new Halfling models would both be something fun for the studio to make, and something very different to what had been around for the end of WFB and absent for all of AoS to generate hype.

Alternatively it could be from some kind of Shire set of releases for MESBG

Book 6 was kinda confirmed by Whitefang. He liked a comment mentioning a mid-size release for Darkoaths together with book 6. It could be just the Darkoaths bit, but would be weird that Chaos is the only book that doesn't have a book focused (considering it would have the ending as well) on their faction.

Said that we have plenty of room to show from Book 6.

About TOW/ goose, we got the Dwarven dice, would be weird not getting them before the Empire minis. Someone commented that the goose could be a Bretoninan BB helmet. It completely fits for me.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 minute ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

What about a free supplement Darkoath + Ruin Lady like Orruk Warclans ? I don't think so but it's a possibility. 

I mean all the "free Ironjawz supplement" stuff was included in the physical Dawnbringers II book. The main reason for putting it in a free online supplement was because GW knew players didn't like having to buy books to get their new models (which is why all new Dawnbringers models are free online). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Book 6 was kinda confirmed by Whitefang. He liked a comment mentioning a mid-size release for Darkoaths together with book 6. It could be just the Darkoaths bit, but would be weird that Chaos is the only book that doesn't have a book focused (considering it would have the ending as well) on their faction.

Said that we have plenty of room to show from Book 6.

About TOW/ goose, we got the Dwarven dice, would be weird not getting them before the Empire minis. Someone commented that the goose could be a Bretoninan BB helmet. It completely fits for me.

To be clear, I know book 6 is happening, I mean they won't reveal everything to do with it at the event, they'll save a little for Adepticon. Maybe it'll be the book and one model, maybe just the Darkoath. But it'll be something from Book 6 but not everything

50 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

No way… We juuust has a gnomes lore video from Andy 9 days ago! As of they’re coming back to WHFB after all this time! Although Blood Bowl certainly feels like the place for them. We’ll see for sure soon, either way. Fun! 

Gnomes is blood bowl would certainly fit the bill for “wild news coming to blood bowl in the coming months” they said in December, but alas I don’t want to get my hopes up

Just watched that gnomes lore video. They seem incredibly well pitched to get a wizard mini for Old World Empire as part of the new setting given their mastery of illusion and dark magic and the fact that the old world is set pre Grom wiping them out and before Teclis encouraged the witch hunters to persecute them. You could see them having a real role in imperial society of this time if they are the most proficient spell casters. 

really hope it’s Bloodbowl gnomes now