5kaven5lave

6 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

If they give Doomwheels an explosion rule i'd be in heaven

That’d be awesome.

I just hope they’ll rewrite the rattling guns overcharge ability if that’s the case, or I’ll be yeeting them i to the enemies 😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, its finally time to look inwards and accpet we will be losing stuff. Wasn't expecting such an honest article on the community page. 

I feel for those BoC players. I look at their range and realize it was either us or them. 

I laugh at the S2D players who spammed Warcry Warbands. The puzzling thing is they're great looking models. I guess they're still good for warcry. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Alright, its finally time to look inwards and accpet we will be losing stuff. Wasn't expecting such an honest article on the community page. 

I feel for those BoC players. I look at their range and realize it was either us or them. 

I laugh at the S2D players who spammed Warcry Warbands. The puzzling thing is they're great looking models. I guess they're still good for warcry. 

Same it is quit sad and personally I don’t quit get why they chose boc and bonesplittaz specifically.

as for the skaven well here are my thoughts what I think got canish from the skaven range the rest might get updated.

considering that plague monks and night runners are staying, if we believe that gw hasn’t forgotten to put any of those units onto tje table that got announced.

I’d say we’ll be loosing:

-rat swarms

- gutter runners

-plague censer bearers

-warlock engineer

without a replacement.

This of course isn’t the truth and just a guess

• Like 1

Its a very misleading article because it says some are getting replaced and others retired, but doesn't encourage players to still use the ones they have. For instance they could say clanrats are still in the game, its still perfectly acceptable  use the old ones (honestly the island of blood rats look great for their age)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Its a very misleading article because it says some are getting replaced and others retired, but doesn't encourage players to still use the ones they have. For instance they could say clanrats are still in the game, its still perfectly acceptable  use the old ones (honestly the island of blood rats look great for their age)

The clanrats and stormvermins in total look amazing.

i’m personally more amazed the plague monks and night runners are going to be left  untouched

Maybe the phrases Plague Monks and Night Runners are somehow copyrightable?  Doesn't seem correct.

I expect the new replacement/similar units to have more unique names and of course new models.  So Gutter Runners will become much better looking elite ninja rats, and then we can still use our old metal ones instead on whichever base size they decide to go with.  Clan Eshin is always busy in the stories, don't see how they can NOT be in the next tome and edition.

Probably last game with battle tactics until 4th comes out. Going against the new DoK Army of Renown for our gaming channel. Gotta represent. I'm a little rusty with secondary's so always welcome for suggestions.  Here's my list

Spoiler

Player Name: Skaven Mike
Allegiance: Skaven
- Grand Strategy: Masters of Execution
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty, Inspired, Indomitable

LEADERS
Slynk Skittershank (220)
Deathmaster (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Incredible Agility
- Artefact: Gnawbomb
Grey Seer (110)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Grey Seer (110)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Grey Seer (110)
- Lore of Primal Frost: Hoarfrost
Plague Priest (100)
- Noxious Prayers: Rabid-rabid!

UNITS
10 x Plague Censer Bearers (200)
15 x Gutter Runners (300)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (100)
- Rusty Spear
- 1 x Standard Bearers
- 1 x Standard Bell Ringers
10 x Night Runners (90)
4 x Skittershank's Clawpack (0)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)

BEHEMOTHS
Hell Pit Abomination (180)

CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Warlord

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Triumph
Triumph

TOTAL: 1960/2000 WOUNDS: 159

Game plan turn 1 is the following:

1. Hero Phase, cast all the spells. Skitterleap Gnawbomb holder towards enemy next to terrain. Death Frenzy the Censor Bearers. Hoarfrost Censor Bearers with whatever.  Pray for Rabbid Rabbid on Censor Bearers. Gnawbomb activated on terrain nearby enemy sweet spot. 

2. Movement Phase, teleport everwhere. Slynk, my boy, will land close, Gutter Runners in tow. Censor Bearers slink into Gnawhole in home territory and pop out of temporary one in middle of board. 

3. Shoot Phase, season enemy with pepper-fire

4. Charge phase is the fun part. 4 bites at the apple for plague censors to charge at 9 in". Hear me out. Slynk's Clawpack makes first charge at 6" (need 9"). If fail to get 9", command re-roll. If still fail, charge Censor Bearers. If fail, use Bloodthirsty triumph to re-roll. All the while, the enchanced Masterclan trait is active, so if the  first charge or its re-roll succeed, everything else is in. But I still have the insurance of a non-command charge re-roll. 

5. Attack phase, Slynk Strikes first then fades. Censor Bearers issued all-out attack and I invoke Indomitable triumph for +1/+1.

6. Profit. The eshin and pestilens units are expendable. The rest of the game is body blocking and running away with plenty of wounds remaining while having fun. 

• Like 1

I always have full confidence that every plan-scheme will go according to plan-scheme!  This sounds like a great fun army.  I have no idea what that new DOK list does but aelves can stick it.

Is Masters of Execution the one where you have to keep your Deathmaster or Slynk alive?  That might be difficult, though Deathmasters are easy enough to hide if you don't need them actually do anything.

Edited by Lord Krungharr

@Lord Krungharr for the longest time I had always mis-read those Grand Strats. Most of them also say Masterclan heroes are included in that count. Over the last year I've been gravitating to double warlord battalions with full stack of foot heroes so its not too bad. 

Alternatively I've loved Slaughter of Sorcery and just use my heroes as screens ;) . I enjoy the look of disgust of opponents as they successfully kill my grey seers inching me closer to 3 points. 

Edited by Riff_Raff_Rascal
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Lord Krungharr for the longest time I had always mis-read those Grand Strats. Most of them also say Masterclan heroes are included in that count. Over the last year I've been gravitating to double warlord battalions with full stack of foot heroes so its not too bad. 

Alternatively I've loved Slaughter of Sorcery and just use my heroes as screens ;) . I enjoy the look of disgust of opponents as they successfully kill my grey seers inching me closer to 3 points. 

I’ve been using mostly slaughter of sorcery as it was the easiest grand strat to get with a warlock bombardier count of 5 in my list

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

I had good luck with Slaughter of Sorcery with my Ogor Beastclaw army, but with Eshin I always used Masters of Execution since I had 5-6 Eshin heroes in their all the time.  Not sure I'll even be able to use my army in the index season of 4th ed.?  BUT I am eager to spam other interesting things in quantities never before permitted, and invent different versions from many many bits.  Seems like Skryre will coming in hot.  

• Like 1

Ouch … I just saw the new Clanrats … if that's the general direction for our faction, then I am for happy for once to have such a big pile of opportunity. I mean … it's inline with the cinematic video, lot of early skaven artworks and the overall tendency of the meta to lean into grimdark … and I don't blame anyone for liking that … but that's just not my cup of tea-coffee-brewage.

1 hour ago, Filius said:

Ouch … I just saw the new Clanrats … if that's the general direction for our faction, then I am for happy for once to have such a big pile of opportunity. I mean … it's inline with the cinematic video, lot of early skaven artworks and the overall tendency of the meta to lean into grimdark … and I don't blame anyone for liking that … but that's just not my cup of tea-coffee-brewage.

I’m actually interested in buying ine box and using these clanrats as chanpions overall for my currently existing clanrat range.

what’s great about these new clanrats, is probably the thought that you can easily mix and match them with the current set without people greatly knowing the difference

• Like 2

They kinda seem just as easy to paint as the current guys. If anything the extra 3D detail will make it even easier to contrast them and make them look better. Otherwise they have the same details on them as the current kit just done better, and having more open poses will make getting to all the areas easier.

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

They kinda seem just as easy to paint as the current guys. If anything the extra 3D detail will make it even easier to contrast them and make them look better. Otherwise they have the same details on them as the current kit just done better, and having more open poses will make getting to all the areas easier.

Definitely.

they will be a but harder considering the amount of details in the back of the shields.

but personally they fit right into the current existing clanrat range.

i’ll probably mix and match my current collection with the soon being released ones

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 6:10 AM, Tiberius501 said:

You're probably not wrong. I've never touched contrast paints yet so I still don't know what that feels like. I do know the type of painter that I am and it gnaws at me to paint to my best wherever possible. Open poses generally pull me towards putting in more work. For that reason, I prefer the closed poses for mass troops so my sub-conscious hobby brain doesn't pull itself apart. 

image.png.4620a5a77e21346d4d5440e18aa31ed3.pngimage.png.60304da0219766de814c2f03002cc0ef.pngwell they finally got us pinned down there. although I applaud them sidestepping the issue of 25 mil bases being so prevalent in the game and just make everything hug danger close

The consequences are still unclear. But still I'm happy with this rule too. 

Edited by Riff_Raff_Rascal