5kaven5lave

My next crazy list idea: Null deploy EVERYTHING.  I didn't realize the Warpfyre Throwers could increase their range and MW rolls.  That's HOT-HOT!

Allegiance: Skaven
- Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Deathmaster (140)**
- General
- Command Trait: Devious Adversary
- Artefact: Tuskhelm (Galletian Champion)
- Aspect of the Champion: Leadership of the Alpha
Deathmaster (140)**
- Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master
Deathmaster (140)**

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- 2x Standard Bell Ringers
- Reinforced x 1
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- Reinforced x 1
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- Reinforced x 1

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)*****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****

Core Battalions
*Galletian Sharpshooters
**Command Entourage - Magnificent
***Galletian Sharpshooters
****Galletian Sharpshooters
*****Galletian Sharpshooters

Additional Enhancements
Aspect of the Champion

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 180
Drops: 21

8 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

My next crazy list idea: Null deploy EVERYTHING.  I didn't realize the Warpfyre Throwers could increase their range and MW rolls.  That's HOT-HOT!

- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Deathmaster (140)**
- General
- Command Trait: Devious Adversary
- Artefact: Tuskhelm (Galletian Champion)
- Aspect of the Champion: Leadership of the Alpha
Deathmaster (140)**
Deathmaster (140)**

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- Reinforced x 1
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- Reinforced x 1
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- Reinforced x 1

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****

Core Battalions
*Galletian Sharpshooters
**Command Entourage - Magnificent
****Galletian Sharpshooters
*****Galletian Sharpshooters

Additional Enhancements
Aspect of the Champion

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Wounds: 180
Drops: 21

Love the list, although If I were you I would probably exchange 3 of your 6 warpfire thrower weapon teams for another  warpgrinder team and a warlock of any kind.

that +1 damage buff on 3 of your rattling gun weapon team is extremely juicy

and definitely worth the exchange.

And 3 warpfire thrower weapon team should still be enough to threaten any horde army that currently exist 

15 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Love the list, although If I were you I would probably exchange 3 of your 6 warpfire thrower weapon teams for another  warpgrinder team and a warlock of any kind.

that +1 damage buff on 3 of your rattling gun weapon team is extremely juicy

and definitely worth the exchange.

And 3 warpfire thrower weapon team should still be enough to threaten any horde army that currently exist 

Ah, yes-yes, now I see.  That makes excellent sense.  Less for me to buy too 🤑

So I’ll be taking part at a pretty small tournament in stuttgart germany tomorrow.

I have absolutely no idea how well my rattling guns will do in a 1k event.

but considering that i was able to gain a significant amount of wins in 2k games maybe it’ll be great.

And even if that isn’t the case at least I’ve got a grimmdark looking army B7087F9C-C7B2-4D6E-A282-D15675E65215.jpeg.f43280392c888cd55ebb66905e093fc3.jpeg

with the exception of my skryre acolytes.

which I’m currently slightly repainting (mostly the glow effect on the weapon)

87D61F8E-CB3A-45F4-91BD-0C396A3C970D.jpeg.ac8c6cadd945a525ed79693530f12bca.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm thinking I like a nearly complete null deploy rather than artillery.  What about something like this to take out a massive squig herd and assorted heroes?

- Grand Strategy: Masters of Execution
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (150)*
- Artefact: Nightflyer Cloak (Galletian Champion)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
Deathmaster (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
Deathmaster (140)*
Deathmaster (140)**
Deathmaster (140)**
- Artefact: Farskitter Cloak
Deathmaster (140)**
- Artefact: Gnawbomb

Battleline
10 x Gutter Runners (200)***
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
60 x Clanrats (300)
- Rusty Spear
- Reinforced x 2

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 132
Drops: 16

15 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I'm thinking I like a nearly complete null deploy rather than artillery.  What about something like this to take out a massive squig herd and assorted heroes?

- Grand Strategy: Masters of Execution
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (150)*
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
Deathmaster (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
Deathmaster (140)*
Deathmaster (140)**
Deathmaster (140)**
- Artefact: Farskitter Cloak
Deathmaster (140)**
- Artefact: Gnawbomb

Battleline
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
60 x Clanrats (300)
- Rusty Spear
- Reinforced x 2

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 132
Drops: 16

Sounds fun.

that’s about as much as I can say.

will it win battles…

maybe?

will it be fun, definitely!

• Like 1

I recently went to a tourney, fairly small 12 player scene, thought I'd report back on it.

Game 1 was Presence of Idols vs. Gloomspite Gitz (squigs), game 2 was nidus paths vs. Idoneth (all archers and a turtle) and finally game 3 was against Morathi and the bow snakes. 

This was a very casual tourney and an impressive 11/23 armies represented, only repeats were Gitz (they both hit the podium). Placing was based on cumulative personal score game to game. 

1) Squig herds are busted, great opponents, but even they felt the negative play experience. The rest of the army looks fun, happy for them G'itz

2) First time playing against Idoneth, even after so many years of playing this game. Spamming MSU archers and bringing back 3+D3 models was a shocker. I suppose many don't run that subfaction. I was out-bodied that game. 

3) Felt like my opponent was less experienced with a competitive list. Gave Morathi the ol' bait and switch and kite'd her across the battlefield lengthwise and jezzails chipped away. 

All in all went 1-2, but very proud of my scoring. Still finished in 4th. Things I learned: Unless we bring lightning cannons or Thanquol, we don't have much in the way of cracking tough nuts// or resilient blocks of dudes. All of our tricks are cute but I'm now starting to feel our books age. I ran a what I thought was a balanced list, you can check it out below. 

Spoiler

- Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS
Verminlord Warbringer (400)*
- General
- Command Trait: Devious Adversary
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Clawlord (110)*
- Artefact: Warpstone Charm
- Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master
Grey Seer (120)*
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Deathmaster (140)***
- Artefact: Shadow Magnet Trinket
UNITS
20 x Stormvermin (260)***
- Halberd
20 x Clanrats (100)*
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (100)*
- Rusty Spear
15 x Gutter Runners (300)**
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)**
1 x Doom-Flayer (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)**
ARTILLERY
Warplock Jezzails (120)
Warplock Jezzails (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
Bell of Doom (40)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Galletian Sharpshooters
***Galletian Command
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I recently went to a tourney, fairly small 12 player scene, thought I'd report back on it.

Game 1 was Presence of Idols vs. Gloomspite Gitz (squigs), game 2 was nidus paths vs. Idoneth (all archers and a turtle) and finally game 3 was against Morathi and the bow snakes. 

This was a very casual tourney and an impressive 11/23 armies represented, only repeats were Gitz (they both hit the podium). Placing was based on cumulative personal score game to game. 

1) Squig herds are busted, great opponents, but even they felt the negative play experience. The rest of the army looks fun, happy for them G'itz

2) First time playing against Idoneth, even after so many years of playing this game. Spamming MSU archers and bringing back 3+D3 models was a shocker. I suppose many don't run that subfaction. I was out-bodied that game. 

3) Felt like my opponent was less experienced with a competitive list. Gave Morathi the ol' bait and switch and kite'd her across the battlefield lengthwise and jezzails chipped away. 

All in all went 1-2, but very proud of my scoring. Still finished in 4th. Things I learned: Unless we bring lightning cannons or Thanquol, we don't have much in the way of cracking tough nuts// or resilient blocks of dudes. All of our tricks are cute but I'm now starting to feel our books age. I ran a what I thought was a balanced list, you can check it out below. 

Hide contents

LEADERS
- General
Clawlord (110)*
Grey Seer (120)*
Deathmaster (140)***
UNITS
- Halberd
20 x Clanrats (100)*
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (100)*
- Rusty Spear
1 x Doom-Flayer (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)**
ARTILLERY
Warplock Jezzails (120)
Warplock Jezzails (120)
Bell of Doom (40)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
***Galletian Command
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

Its great to hear that you enjoyed the event.

personally we never really got a new book, so yeah it kinda makes sense why it still feels aged.

i even belief that we probably would have had a better chance at playing the game more divers with the old books using the new battleline if and points changes

6 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Reveal hidden contents

LEADERS
- General
Clawlord (110)*
Grey Seer (120)*
Deathmaster (140)***
UNITS
- Halberd
20 x Clanrats (100)*
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (100)*
- Rusty Spear
1 x Doom-Flayer (60)
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)**
ARTILLERY
Warplock Jezzails (120)
Warplock Jezzails (120)
Bell of Doom (40)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
***Galletian Command
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

Ugh, I feel your pain with regards to the squigs....and actually both those other armies.  I loathe the fancy newer Aelves (the old Cities ones don't bother me as much).

It does indeed seem like we don't have a current battletome; did it come out right at the beginning of 3rd edition?  Always bad to be the first book in a new edition.  They took away our bravery in numbers thing, that really stinks.  Even our lightning cannons can fail miserably AND still blow themselves up.  If we blew ourselves up, and it also caused area damage too, that would be fair.  I mean tons of other armies have units that fight when they die, or even explode like Stormcast.  We just explode ourselves.

The Bravery thing though IMHO is what really hampers the rats.  Sure they should be cowardly, but I kinda think instead of models outright fleeing in droves in the Battleshock Phase, we should get a thing like on a 4+ instead of models fleeing the unit can immediately retreat and counts as having retreated in their next movement phase unless a friendly hero is within 6" of them.  If a hero is within 6" of them maybe make the scurry roll on a 3+ or something.  That would enable the hordes to have some more staying power, as they're already feebly armored.

Just now, Lord Krungharr said:

Ugh, I feel your pain with regards to the squigs....and actually both those other armies.  I loathe the fancy newer Aelves (the old Cities ones don't bother me as much).

It does indeed seem like we don't have a current battletome; did it come out right at the beginning of 3rd edition?  Always bad to be the first book in a new edition.  They took away our bravery in numbers thing, that really stinks.  Even our lightning cannons can fail miserably AND still blow themselves up.  If we blew ourselves up, and it also caused area damage too, that would be fair.  I mean tons of other armies have units that fight when they die, or even explode like Stormcast.  We just explode ourselves.

The Bravery thing though IMHO is what really hampers the rats.  Sure they should be cowardly, but I kinda think instead of models outright fleeing in droves in the Battleshock Phase, we should get a thing like on a 4+ instead of models fleeing the unit can immediately retreat and counts as having retreated in their next movement phase unless a friendly hero is within 6" of them.  If a hero is within 6" of them maybe make the scurry roll on a 3+ or something.  That would enable the hordes to have some more staying power, as they're already feebly armored.

Actually no not really.

we came out with the new sylvaneth tome so basically just barely before the slaves to darkness book

@Lord Krungharr I've been playing in this space long enough I don't worry about the book disparities anymore. We've certainly brought up our book's half baked nature before many times. My headspace is more in line with having tried nearly every combination of our units and just not quite getting there. Mind you, I still have fun, and my wargaming experience in general gives my opponents very close games, which is satisfying in its own right. 

Which reminds me, the next idea i have is using the Living Cyst artifact in a galletian command for some first-striking plague monks. We'll see how that goes. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Lord Krungharr I've been playing in this space long enough I don't worry about the book disparities anymore. We've certainly brought up our book's half baked nature before many times. My headspace is more in line with having tried nearly every combination of our units and just not quite getting there. Mind you, I still have fun, and my wargaming experience in general gives my opponents very close games, which is satisfying in its own right. 

Which reminds me, the next idea i have is using the Living Cyst artifact in a galletian command for some first-striking plague monks. We'll see how that goes. 

That sounds like a great fun!  You'll be giving ppl a 1-2-3 punch all over the place, multiple times.

Here's my first-strike Pestilens list. I was sad when I remembered I can only have one Galletian Command, I wanted the deathmaster/stormvermin combo as well. Just supe-up some Plague Censor Bearers, send through the bridge and hopefully make the charge alonside some tunneling Plague Monks. I'm sneaking in the Masterclan battle trait to effectively get 2 re-rolls at a 9" charge. I'll report back when I play. 

Spoiler

- Triumphs: Indomitable
LEADERS
Verminlord Corruptor (350)***
- General
- Command Trait: Ridden with Poxes
- Artefact: The Fumigatous
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
Grey Seer (120)*
Grey Seer (120)*
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Grey Seer (120)*
Plague Priest (100)**
- Artefact: Blistrevous the Living Cyst
- Noxious Prayers: Rabid-rabid!
Plague Priest (100)****
- Noxious Prayers: Filth-filth!
UNITS
5 x Plague Censer Bearers (90)***
5 x Plague Censer Bearers (90)****
20 x Plague Monks (180)**
- Foetid Blades
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Plague Harbingers
20 x Plague Monks (180)***
- Foetid Blades
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Plague Harbingers
20 x Clanrats (100)****
- Rusty Blade
- 1 x Standard Bearers
- 1 x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (100)****
- Rusty Blade
- 1 x Standard Bearers
- 1 x Standard Bell Ringers
1 x Warp-Grinder (60)*
2 x Rat Swarms (60)*
Chronomantic Cogs (70)
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Warp Lightning Vortex (80)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Galletian Command
***Vanguard
****Vanguard
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 149
LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 6 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 3/3 ALLIES: 0/400
REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4 DROPS: 14

• Like 1

So I’ve heard that there were some unhappiness of our current edition book.

well I think many people hear have heard my distaste of this new book.

personally this only motivated me to write my own faq (which in this case is more or less a fanmade faq)

Since the last time I’ve posted it I started making some changes, especially for clan moulder, as that faction feels very much neglected.

personally I would love to hear your guys’s opinion.

Skaven faq (13).pdf

• Like 2

Redmaw Plague works RAW.

1.2.1 is very clear in what friendly and enemy models are. Just exchange the words in 13.1 with the discribtion from 1.2.1:

Only [..] units [from the opponent's army] can be picked as the target for an attack.

19 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

personally I would love to hear your guys’s opinion.

I mean, I love anything that encourages me to play my beloved moulder! Xp

I'm not a big fan of some of the unit size increases, but I can get over that. Love the extra reinforcement points idea. Makes it feel more like a horde army. (I'd like them to use it for the upcoming free peoples book too)
The downsides for some of the mutations are too harsh though. I mean, who doesn't like it when your cannon explodes itself and (hopefully) something else with it, but a good portion just prevent fun.

Regenerating hulks: Good. Solid. (What most people will take currently)

Insanely rabid: Remember that this is competing with the other mutations. I'd say to drop the -1 to hit and it's a serious contender. (Following GW's simplification guidelines, perhaps 1s to hit do 1 or d3 mortals to the unit?)

Quadrupedal: +1" of movement? For -2 wounds? Oof. Let's try: Movement 12 and 4 wounds. (Hello wolf rats!) and change the downside from the metabolism to be: suffers d3+1 mortal wounds and the effect still goes off. Maybe it has a heart attack? xD Not moving just is a feels bad rather than feeling unstable.

Pox rats: Currently downside feels bad, just killing more and more of your rats as the battle goes on. (I get why) How about this to represent the plague: At the start of the movement phase, roll a dice for every unit within 3" of the pox rats. On a 4+ (6+?) the unit suffers d3 mortal wounds. Friendly NURGLE units are unaffected. (maybe it effects the pox rats too?)

Poison fangs: Drop the +1 to be wounded. Adds unnecessary bookkeeping. Have the effect still go off on the survivors of their poison sacks exploding or whatever. Otherwise, it's a bit too hard of a slap down. (I feel)

Skryre nanobots: I like it, but to be fair to shooting armies, they can't be targeted outside of 6" or 3" instead. Still probably the most powerful of the 3.

I also prefer the the current FAQ's ratling gun malfunction. Suffering D3 mortal wounds. Gives the chance at dying rather than 100% it. I like the buff to plague claws command trait and the weapons teams. Makes both viable. (I think)

Still, very interesting work! Love more customization on offer! (And not just for moulder) I applaud your efforts!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

I mean, I love anything that encourages me to play my beloved moulder! Xp

I'm not a big fan of some of the unit size increases, but I can get over that. Love the extra reinforcement points idea. Makes it feel more like a horde army. (I'd like them to use it for the upcoming free peoples book too)
The downsides for some of the mutations are too harsh though. I mean, who doesn't like it when your cannon explodes itself and (hopefully) something else with it, but a good portion just prevent fun.

Regenerating hulks: Good. Solid. (What most people will take currently)

Insanely rabid: Remember that this is competing with the other mutations. I'd say to drop the -1 to hit and it's a serious contender. (Following GW's simplification guidelines, perhaps 1s to hit do 1 or d3 mortals to the unit?)

Quadrupedal: +1" of movement? For -2 wounds? Oof. Let's try: Movement 12 and 4 wounds. (Hello wolf rats!) and change the downside from the metabolism to be: suffers d3+1 mortal wounds and the effect still goes off. Maybe it has a heart attack? xD Not moving just is a feels bad rather than feeling unstable.

Pox rats: Currently downside feels bad, just killing more and more of your rats as the battle goes on. (I get why) How about this to represent the plague: At the start of the movement phase, roll a dice for every unit within 3" of the pox rats. On a 4+ (6+?) the unit suffers d3 mortal wounds. Friendly NURGLE units are unaffected. (maybe it effects the pox rats too?)

Poison fangs: Drop the +1 to be wounded. Adds unnecessary bookkeeping. Have the effect still go off on the survivors of their poison sacks exploding or whatever. Otherwise, it's a bit too hard of a slap down. (I feel)

Skryre nanobots: I like it, but to be fair to shooting armies, they can't be targeted outside of 6" or 3" instead. Still probably the most powerful of the 3.

I also prefer the the current FAQ's ratling gun malfunction. Suffering D3 mortal wounds. Gives the chance at dying rather than 100% it. I like the buff to plague claws command trait and the weapons teams. Makes both viable. (I think)

Still, very interesting work! Love more customization on offer! (And not just for moulder) I applaud your efforts!

Thanks mate love the comment you gave me.

they are really good.

love to hear more.

and as for points I kinda noticed that I didn’t really change them since like before Christmas.

So this is probably something I’ll do today😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drib said:

Redmaw Plague works RAW.

1.2.1 is very clear in what friendly and enemy models are. Just exchange the words in 13.1 with the discribtion from 1.2.1:

Sounds good.

I’ll exchange that because as it is written now, it does not seem to be able to attack the orher army.

it is considered a friendly unit for the skaven player yet doesn’t mention it’s own army at all.

since it is still a model of the non skaven army, in that moment it would make it a friendly unit for both armies, doing absolutely nothing in the combat phase, when the conditions are met.

but I do love your idea for the exchange 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Well I like the idea of them moving 12 inches yet I am a bit afraid that it may end up a bit too string when this unit is able to run and charge in the same turn where they moved 12 inches up.

then again fast-un mawcrushers exist so I guess it is fine 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1