5kaven5lave

@TheArborealWalrus Not gonna suger coat it but I'm skeptical about the efficacy of the Acolytes. I want to hear back from your next game though. Me and acolytes have a complicated relationship, so I want to see what you can do with them first. 

Your list is also reminding me how often I'm taking the Bell of Doom. Its almost a necessity now since shutting off Inspiring Presence along with splash mortals are everywhere. I'm always just hoping I don't play against wizards (which never happens) so it doesn't get dispelled. 

6 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

always just hoping I don't play against wizards (which never happens) so it doesn't get dispelled.

Well you’re pretty lycky.

personally I stopped playing skaven all together.

my meta currently has people just playing teclis and bow spamm list with the occasional new seraphon player around.

both armies are unfun to play against.

And currently I’m lacking any motivation in taking our battletome as spin.

we really need an update sooner then later

and hopefully one that really just leans into the horde aspect and more into the risk and reward system.

26 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech VerminkingNot gonna lie, I feel ya on that. Honestly my best games recently was my void deploy list a while back. I can't have NPE if my opponent has nothing to play against. I've been drinking more of that forget-me-juice while rolling dice. Thats my sign some change needs to happen. 

Yeah Funnily enough after having had an extremely hard working last week, ranting about the current skaven book gave me some motivation on working on my fanmade skaven faq.

maybe this will be mich more fun to use.

(I mostly reworked the clan verminus allegiance ability to something more fluff related.

basically using the allegiance ability should now feel like as if all of your clawlord are trying to compete against each other, rather then trying to hold hands so every body gets present from christmas grandfather nurgle🤮.

I also reworked the spell lore and allowed Verminlord to take spell from the lore of ruin. 
and stormfiends well lets say they got what every skaven tech unit should have had from the beginning.

Skaven faq (13).pdf

ps: pox rats is something I have to rewrite.

currently the sentence structure makes no sense😅

Edited by Skreech Verminking

On 6/2/2023 at 9:17 PM, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Not gonna suger coat it but I'm skeptical about the efficacy of the Acolytes. I want to hear back from your next game though. Me and acolytes have a complicated relationship, so I want to see what you can do with them first. 

First game vs khorne they were brutally good. Second game vs gloomspite they got dumpstered first turn by a massive squig blob that charged most of my army. Which kind of sums up my experience with them. If my opponent ignores them, they do good work. If they don't it's 70pts down the drain. I feel like, in numbers they'd be very good. Good luck getting that many though. XP

I've got 10 I FDM printed that are ... adequate. Looking to replace them still.
I kind of want to try pestilence next. I've converted up some priests and want to give it a go. ... I might also have some 3d printed pestilence ogres too... I never leave a list without a unit of them. XD (I lie, but it's almost true. I don't have a problem.) 

I know they're supposed to be terrible, but I want to try 3 plague claws. There's a 2 day event next month that I'll need to keep practicing with ogres for, but for the casuals I'll try pestilence stuff.

My mark II list: - Still suffers from 3+ save fear, but it's more consistent I feel. Lose out on choosing first turn a lot, but the redundancy is probably necessary. I wanted swords for the zombie dragons, but I struggle to fit it in without removing my dedicated shooting. I have some more tests coming up. We'll see how I feel after that.

2,000pts - 5 drops   * = battle regiment 1,  + = battle regiment 2, & = command entorage

*Master moulder - general, moulder supreme, foulhide

*Grey seer - death frenzy

*4x4 rat ogres

+Grey seer - death frenzy

+ 2x20 clan rats
& Master moulder - rabid crown

& 2x warlock bombadiers - more more warp power

Bell of doom

On 6/4/2023 at 12:33 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

I also reworked the spell lore and allowed Verminlord to take spell from the lore of ruin. 
and stormfiends well lets say they got what every skaven tech unit should have had from the beginning.

Changes look good.

Interesting to encourage multiple clawlords.

Probably should up the points of stormfiends if you don't want to see something like,12 in a lot of competitive armies. Suicide warlocks running up with them too. Xp

For the pox rats, how about a contact plague? Units within 3" take a mortal wound every hero phase (your hero phase?) afterward. This includes the rat unit itself. Maybe it's cumulative? like, for each turn they're within 3", it adds another mortal wound? Seems a little too good vs heroes though... (also a shelf life of like, 3 turns for a non-reinforced unit)

I still say the "insanely rabid" needs a change. Either keep the 3+ to hit, or: Make it exploding 5s and 6s, but 1s inflict a mortal wound on the unit? Overcharge it to be 4+ explosion but d3 mortal wounds on 1s? Otherwise, I see no reason to take it as is. 4+ to hit is not worth 2 extra attacks. Maybe if it was 8 attacks all the time. The others are all okay choices.

Makes it so you have a purpose in mind when you pick up a moulder unit in your army.

• Thanks 1

My null deploy goal is close at hand-claw!  Just need 20 more clanrats and 3 more ratling guns, 1 Warpfire Thrower.   Can it erase all 72 squigs from a Gitz army turn 1?!?  Probably not, but I'm sure as heck gonna try it out.  

- Army Faction: Skaven

LEADERS

Arch-Warlock (150)*

- General

- Command Traits: Deranged Inventor

- Artefacts of Power: Tuskhelm

- Spells: Flaming Weapon

- Aspects of the Champion: Leadership of the Alpha

Warlock Engineer (100)*

- Spells: More-more-more Warp Power!

- Aspects of the Champion: Tunnel Master

BATTLELINE

Clanrats (200)*

- Clawleader

- Rusty Blade

- 4 x Clanrat Bell-ringer

- 4 x Clanrat Standard Bearer

Stormfiends (640)*

- Grinderfists

- Ratling Cannons and Clubbing Blows

- Doomflayer Gauntlets and Warpstone-laced Armour

- Shock Gauntlets and Warpstone-laced Armour

- 2 x Windlaunchers and Clubbing Blows

Clanrats (200)*

- Clawleader

- Rusty Blade

- 4 x Clanrat Bell-ringer

- 4 x Clanrat Standard Bearer

OTHER

Ratling Gun (60)

Ratling Gun (60)

Ratling Gun (60)

Warpfire Thrower (70)

Warpfire Thrower (70)

Ratling Gun (60)

Ratling Gun (60)

Ratling Gun (60)

Warp-Grinder (60)*

Warp-Grinder (60)*

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS

1 x Lauchon the Soulseeker (50)

1 x Vermintide (40)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

18 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

What's launchon doing in there? Just another teleport? 

That's to launch the ArchWarlock into combat from afar after juicing him up with Flaming Weapon and MMWP, and he can go More More Stormcage and a warpspark in the combat phase, for ultimate awesomeness!  Saw the combo on Goonhammer and thought it would be super fun to try.   

Oh and that should be Devious Adversary instead of Deranged Inventor.  

Edited by Lord Krungharr

14 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Any thoughts on the new GHB? The positive Pete in me is thinking moulder with some wizards to give the rat ogors that sweet +d3 rend.

Well if it is true what the rumors say, there will be a few juicy spells.

to be taken.

on of which either gives all units within 18 of the wizard or one unit within 18 of the wizard +1 attack or 6+d6 range on your shooting weapons

depending which buff you choose.

as for the amount of units.

I’m sadly not certain it was really badly written

Edited by Skreech Verminking

On 6/15/2023 at 10:34 AM, W1tchhunter said:

Any thoughts on the new GHB? The positive Pete in me is thinking moulder with some wizards to give the rat ogors that sweet +d3 rend.

I'm already there on that army list! XD
The spells might actually see use now. Casting value 8 is tough though.
All we've seen so far is interesting. Helps soften the drawback of going second later on in the game. The big deciding factor in list building for me is battle tactics and points. Once we see that I'll get a better idea of how I feel about it.
I'm all for the buffed rat ogre power fantasy though. XD

1 minute ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

I'm already there on that army list! XD
The spells might actually see use now. Casting value 8 is tough though.
All we've seen so far is interesting. Helps soften the drawback of going second later on in the game. The big deciding factor in list building for me is battle tactics and points. Once we see that I'll get a better idea of how I feel about it.
I'm all for the buffed rat ogre power fantasy though. XD

I’m personally hoping for some drasticpoint chances on units we haven’t seen lately.

like for example plague monks, stormvermins, all of the weapon teams, doomwheels and plague claw catapult 

Do we think there will be inevitable points changes with this GHB?  Guess that has been the norm.  I will keep my claws crossed that Gutter Runners and Deceivers and Deathmasters go down, so I can use ALL of my Eshin models together in an upcoming tournament.  Not that it would win, but it would be really fun and cool to see how many MW I can do over the games and how many heroes I can assassinate.

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Do we think there will be inevitable points changes with this GHB?  Guess that has been the norm.  I will keep my claws crossed that Gutter Runners and Deceivers and Deathmasters go down, so I can use ALL of my Eshin models together in an upcoming tournament.  Not that it would win, but it would be really fun and cool to see how many MW I can do over the games and how many heroes I can assassinate.

I have high hopes for that.

especially units like doomwheels, skryre acolytes, stormvermins, plague monks, all kinds of weapon teams, some heroes, all verminlord except the warbringer, go down points.

i would like to say the same thing about the screaming, but that thing seems like a lost cause.

Wondering what my next big guy should be...Thanquol or Lord Skreech? 

They're both pretty solid on paper to me.  I have the Forbidden Power spells arriving in the mail this week probably.  The casting buffs from Thanquol would enable him to Lauchon himself into somewhere juicy and unleash 2 Warpfire Throwers, and then probably charge in with the 2 braziers.  But to Soulscream Bridge 15 Gutter Runners or 15 Acolytes into range I'd probably have to take a Warpsparked Arch-Warlock or Engineer?  Unless I had Skreech also, as he could get the +1 to cast from his ability, plus a Gnawhole bonus, +2 is pretty decent.  

While the blob of Acolytes could be pretty good, I kinda like the idea of Bridging the Gutter Runners, as they can theoretically do MW from shooting, AND charge in for some decent combat as well.  Better with a Deceiver though I guess.

In the mean time I'll be facing every army I can with pure Eshin to see what they can do these days.  Which admittedly probably isn't too much on their own.  But we'll see.

So runors about the new ghb ce about.

apparently for skaven the screaming bell was mentioned and it seems to be going down 40 points.

so it’ll be costing around 240points.

if that is true and if the screaming bell is going to be worth those points is somethimg I can not say.

personally I do think that the screaming bell won’t see the table for me even at those points, and while it now has the cost of 2grey seers,  I do believe that the latter would still be better as they are going to be the special kind of wizard for the next galletian something,  while the screaming bell will not sadly

• Like 1

I agree.  If it had the battleshock immunity or even a Bravery 10 aura, that would make it worth taking, and even worth more points than 240.  But without it, it's a sideshow.

I'm doubting any Eshin stuff will go down actually, only because GW knows they are SOOOO powerful with their ranged MW output.  At least 5% of Skaven's 45% winrate must be from that Clan alone!  

5 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I agree.  If it had the battleshock immunity or even a Bravery 10 aura, that would make it worth taking, and even worth more points than 240.  But without it, it's a sideshow.

I'm doubting any Eshin stuff will go down actually, only because GW knows they are SOOOO powerful with their ranged MW output.  At least 5% of Skaven's 45% winrate must be from that Clan alone!  

In all actuality.

i do have a feeling that most of the skaven meta is currently held up this high thx to the thanqoul and launchon combo.

should launchon no longer support thanqoul, I could see all of that tumbling downwards, depending how kind gw will be with the next point changes.