5kaven5lave

I’ll be participating at an upcoming tournament this sunday.

and this will be my list😁

Allegiance: Skaven
- Mortal Realm: Chamon
- Grand Strategy: The Day is Ours!
- Triumphs: Inspired
Grey Seer (120)*
Warlock Bombardier (110)*
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor  
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm (Galletian Champion)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
- Aspect of the Champion: Stubborn as a Rhinox
Warlock Bombardier (110)*
Warlock Engineer (100)**
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator  
20 x Clanrats (100)
- Rusty Blade
- 01x Standard Bearers
- 01x Standard Bell Ringers
5 x Skryre Acolytes (70)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (70)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)*
1 x Ratling Gun (60)**
1 x Ratling Gun (60)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)***
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
1 x Ratling Gun (60)****
Warp Lightning Cannon (150)
Purple Sun of Shyish (90)
*Warlord
**Galletian Command
***Galletian Veterans
****Galletian Sharpshooters
Artefact

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113
Drops: 23

I have 1 question.

23 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

**Galletian Command
***Galletian Veterans

What good is done by putting rattling guns in either battalion? Both require you to be in melee. (a very hazardous place for them) You could reduce drops by putting them into a one drop. Wouldn't change that you won't pick who goes first though. ... Which is why you probably did it.
Regardless, I wish you luck at your tournament!

47 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

I have 1 question.

What good is done by putting rattling guns in either battalion? Both require you to be in melee. (a very hazardous place for them) You could reduce drops by putting them into a one drop. Wouldn't change that you won't pick who goes first though. ... Which is why you probably did it.
Regardless, I wish you luck at your tournament!

The galletian command gives me the possibility to kill another bodyguard unit with my rattling gun weapon team, for that juicy 2 victory points when I choose that specific battle tactic.

the galletian veterans is there to just irritate my opponent.

i’m not taking it because I can profit from it, I’m taking it because I can you know all of those player who often just take the battailon for that one drop but have absolutely no other detachment to profit from?

well woth my list I’m just trying to rub some dirt into their wounds😂.

jokes aside I just took it because I can, and I kinda found the idea funny to have an absurd amount of detachments, even if they are useless to me

ps: also I forgot to mention.

the galletian chanpion enhancement I wanted to give my warlock was alpha of the pack not really stubborn as a rhino.

that was a tippo

Edited by Skreech Verminking

@Skreech Verminking I had another idea for your faction edit. Maybe give the army something based on who its general is?
Like, the obvious choice is associative battlelines. No restrictions, their guys are just always battleline. If you want to power creep a bit, maybe an army wide buff. Kind of feels like subfactions for other armies.

Like moulder able to either give 1 unit per turn (per battle?) +1 to wound, or run and charge. Maybe switch the mutation effecting a unit per turn?

Eshin teleports a unit? Maybe makes eshin units untargetable outside of 9"?

Skryre ... +1 to cast or maybe to hit? Or a once per game auto cast? Let a skryre unit ignore 1 malfunction per turn?

Pestilence can once per game automatically call down a great plague? Maybe pestilence units cause mortal wounds to enemies in 3" in the hero phase?

Verminous is more of a challenge. I think, once per game, respawn a destroyed verminous unit within 12" of a gnawhole. Or give it the gitz treatment and make it a 4+ all the time. Or maybe he messes with reinforcement points? Maybe both and the 4+ is at half strength?

Masterclan ... Maybe can do each of the once per game effects of the other clans? Representing the "unity" of the clans?
I like the idea of it. Theme even the other clans in your army to your clan.

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

@Skreech Verminking I had another idea for your faction edit. Maybe give the army something based on who its general is?
Like, the obvious choice is associative battlelines. No restrictions, their guys are just always battleline. If you want to power creep a bit, maybe an army wide buff. Kind of feels like subfactions for other armies.

Like moulder able to either give 1 unit per turn (per battle?) +1 to wound, or run and charge. Maybe switch the mutation effecting a unit per turn?

Eshin teleports a unit? Maybe makes eshin units untargetable outside of 9"?

Skryre ... +1 to cast or maybe to hit? Or a once per game auto cast? Let a skryre unit ignore 1 malfunction per turn?

Pestilence can once per game automatically call down a great plague? Maybe pestilence units cause mortal wounds to enemies in 3" in the hero phase?

Verminous is more of a challenge. I think, once per game, respawn a destroyed verminous unit within 12" of a gnawhole. Or give it the gitz treatment and make it a 4+ all the time. Or maybe he messes with reinforcement points? Maybe both and the 4+ is at half strength?

Masterclan ... Maybe can do each of the once per game effects of the other clans? Representing the "unity" of the clans?
I like the idea of it. Theme even the other clans in your army to your clan.

I love those idea.

personally it may take a bit till I have again time to reconsider my thoughts as well as adding more stuff or chancing stuff in that fanmade faq.

currently I’m at my last year of my studies and really need almost all of time to basically get finish it.

But thank you for your great ideas.
you are definitely a truly great skaven player with a bottomless pit of new ideas.

21 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

you are definitely a truly great skaven player with a bottomless pit of new ideas.

Aww. You're making me blush. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Does anyone have any inspiration for some Plague Censor bearers kitbashes?

Plague monk bodies, marauder flails (the horses come with them too). They look a little jacked for a skaven, but the damage 2 has to come from somewhere. Xp   I also used the 2 handed blood reaver arms and even some bestigor axes. Those are tougher conversions though. (I'd post mine, but navigating this site is a bit of a pain on my phone)

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I think Deathmasters should be able to show up off of terrain like the Gutter Runners OR hide in any unit of 5 or more models. 

I agree. Now we just wait for the next book. Yes yes.    DX    (Xp)

On 4/28/2023 at 10:59 PM, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Lord Krungharr Enjoy this GHB while you can, as the Nightflyer Cloak enchancement lets you drop in with any battleline. I'm about to try a 4 deathmaster list and really push how clever we can be with these GC battle tactics. But yes there should be more shenanigans with ninjas. 

I was just making my 5 Deathmaster list.  Gonna record how many 6s to hit I roll for all of them and my Gutter Runners.  Between Tunnelmaster, Gnawbomb, Farskitter Cloak, they'll get around :D  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I was just making my 5 Deathmaster list.  Gonna record how many 6s to hit I roll for all of them and my Gutter Runners.  Between Tunnelmaster, Gnawbomb, Farskitter Cloak, they'll get around :D  

It sounds fun, but you guys do realize that there are more heroes then just deathmasters.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking Thats where all the new plastic is. Its as addicting as warpstone. Let them enjoy. 

Well at least you guys are having fun.

i mean considering how the meta for skaven is chrrently doing I am at least happy that the skaven can be pretty fun to play in any beer and bretzel game in any way.

😉

Thoughts on this mad lad list? I actually like the amount of firepower it puts out with the moulder supreme trait. With all the respawns I felt it was command point hungry and took warlord. (Also so that I could get the survivability and additional buff artifacts)

* = Warlord, + = battle regiment, 5 drops, 145 wounds, 1960pts
- Quicksilver swords
* Master moulder - general, moulder supreme, foulhide
* master moulder - rabid crown
* Grey seer - death frenzy
*2 rat ogres
+ Clawlord
+ master moulder
+ 4x4 rat ogres
+ 2 rat ogres

So, here's my main questions. Clearly a 3+ save army will be a problem. Should I swap out the quicksilver swords for the purple sun? And if so, any advice for using it? Any other tricks that don't involve swapping out my precious rat ogres? The warlord artifact appealed to me but seems difficult to use.

Second question relates to drops. I can easily fit this into a 2 drop, but the artifact is nice. Sadly, 5 drops will almost guarantee my opponent get the choice in a tournament setting. ... Probably. Is it worth it?

Thanks for any advice. For the Horned Rat!

@TheArborealWalrus First impression, is that despite all of that beef you're bringing, which I enjoy, I believe that you'll find it lacking a delivery system for that damage. Rat ogres move just as fast as clanrats after all. I'll suggest a change in a bit. 

Second point is your magic concerns. A grey seer for death frenzy is a great choice and I expect the game plan is to cast it every turn. You are only left with one more cast. Putting your Rat ogres on a 3+ save with mystic shield seems like the default plan. 

If I may be so bold to address both concerns, I would recommend abandoning a damaging endless spell and use your leftover points to fit in the Soulscream bridge. You can whip an ogre unit with death frenzy, then send it through for a 6" charge turn 1. 

As a bonus suggestion I'd swap out the 2x1 ogres for some cheap chaff for turn 1 screening or point grabbing. I'd stick with the moulder theme and use a 2x6 giant rats. Other options are clanrats or a warp-grinder for some optionality. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Army Faction: Skaven

Grand Strategy: Take What’s Theirs
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADER

1 x Master Moulder (90)*

General
Command Traits: Moulder Supreme
Warpstone-tipped Lash
Artefacts: Foulhide

1 x Master Moulder (90)*

Things-catcher

1 x Grey Seer (120)

1 x Warlock Bombardier (110)

BATTLELINE

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

6 x Giant Rats (60)

6 x Giant Rats (60)

5 x Skryre Acolytes (70)

5 x Skryre Acolytes (70)

6 x Giant Rats (60)

ENDLESS SPELL

1 x Bell of Doom (40)

1 x Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (70)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1960/2000)

2 drops. Has chaff and -3 rend for better save armies. Jaws is vulnerable to heavily armored cavalry, but it'll destroy infantry.
Plan is to waddle up first turn and cast the endless spells. Hopefully shoot the enemy. Turn 2 I charge things with the whips.
I'm scared of high armor save armies, turn 1 AoE bomb armies, and coalesced seraphon.

Advice on facing these threats?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Army Faction: Skaven

Grand Strategy: Take What’s Theirs
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADER

1 x Master Moulder (90)*

General
Command Traits: Moulder Supreme
Warpstone-tipped Lash
Artefacts: Foulhide

1 x Master Moulder (90)*

Things-catcher

1 x Grey Seer (120)

1 x Warlock Bombardier (110)

BATTLELINE

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

4 x Rat Ogors (280)*

2 x Warpfire Gun

6 x Giant Rats (60)

6 x Giant Rats (60)

5 x Skryre Acolytes (70)

5 x Skryre Acolytes (70)

6 x Giant Rats (60)

ENDLESS SPELL

1 x Bell of Doom (40)

1 x Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (70)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1960/2000)

2 drops. Has chaff and -3 rend for better save armies. Jaws is vulnerable to heavily armored cavalry, but it'll destroy infantry.
Plan is to waddle up first turn and cast the endless spells. Hopefully shoot the enemy. Turn 2 I charge things with the whips.
I'm scared of high armor save armies, turn 1 AoE bomb armies, and coalesced seraphon.

Advice on facing these threats?

Sounds lovely.

although I am quite interested in knowing which unit or what combination is giving you that -3 rend.