5kaven5lave

15 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

I am pretty sure you need a hero to unlock any clan's battle trait but I only have the app in reach at work. I will check the book later at home.

I’m looking in it and…

no there is nothing stating that a single hero is needed:

at least not in the core allegiance ability.

and the different clan ability are exactly written the same as in the app

image.jpg

edit: so yes the first clan moulder mutations and to get the first eshin clan Ability literally needs no hero.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

18 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Hi guys, i have a question aboou "pestilence-pestilence" prayer from furnace. If I hit a skaven pestilence unit i can bring back for exemple models of plague monk from death? Or I can just heal a model? Thx a lot

You can sadly only heal d3 lost wounds.

you can’t get d3 models back into a units, if that is your question

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You can sadly only heal d3 lost wounds.

you can’t get d3 models back into a units, if that is your question

It says heal d3 wounds allocated to that unit instead, as it says unit not model wouldn't that mean you can bring models back to a unit? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greg19190 said:

It says heal d3 wounds allocated to that unit instead, as it says unit not model wouldn't that mean you can bring models back to a unit? 

No as it would need to state that it would bring models back.

since that isn’t the case the prayer only heals lost wounds

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m looking in it and…

no there is nothing stating that a single hero is needed:

at least not in the core allegiance ability.

and the different clan ability are exactly written the same as in the app

image.jpg

edit: so yes the first clan moulder mutations and to get the first eshin clan Ability literally needs no hero.

Yes you're right. 

The old book linked each clan's ability to at least one hero on the table but they seem to have gotten rid of  that. That makes sense with how tight the points are in 3rd edition. A Master Moulder would do very little for the Hellpit Abomination so it would be a 100 points tax on top for the mutation.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

Yes you're right. 

The old book linked each clan's ability to at least one hero on the table but they seem to have gotten rid of  that. That makes sense with how tight the points are in 3rd edition. A Master Moulder would do very little for the Hellpit Abomination so it would be a 100 points tax on top for the mutation.

Yes, I hope my comment was somewhat of a help

• Like 1

Thinking about my horde of Acolytes army....is it silly to not take a unit of Stormfiends instead of 20 Acolytes?  Acolytes only have 2 more wounds than 3 Stormfiends, but the latter has so much a better save, and great damage output, decent in melee too.  Just wondering if a little more diversity would pay greater dividends.  So instead of:

2x Arch Warlocks

2x Warlock Engineers

1 Doomwheel

2 Lightning cannons

5x5 and 4x10 Acolytes

Vermintide

it would end up at 3x10 and 3x10 Acolytes but w 3 Stormfiends.  I'm thinking a bit more threat extension could be good.  That said, I'm still going to make that many Acolytes, and probably up to 90 (got a good deal on tons of Plague Monks and Clanrats to convert).

Was looking at the Plague Furnace too but wow that's a ton of points.  I think if I went that route I'd probably take another couple Plague Priests to really get the Plagues off.  Protected by tons of Acolytes, hmmm, maybe that could be okay....though they just stink in combat.  I think they need to be run in layers like a glowing poison onion.

6 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Thinking about my horde of Acolytes army....is it silly to not take a unit of Stormfiends instead of 20 Acolytes?  Acolytes only have 2 more wounds than 3 Stormfiends, but the latter has so much a better save, and great damage output, decent in melee too.  Just wondering if a little more diversity would pay greater dividends.  So instead of:

2x Arch Warlocks

2x Warlock Engineers

1 Doomwheel

2 Lightning cannons

5x5 and 4x10 Acolytes

Vermintide

it would end up at 3x10 and 3x10 Acolytes but w 3 Stormfiends.  I'm thinking a bit more threat extension could be good.  That said, I'm still going to make that many Acolytes, and probably up to 90 (got a good deal on tons of Plague Monks and Clanrats to convert).

Was looking at the Plague Furnace too but wow that's a ton of points.  I think if I went that route I'd probably take another couple Plague Priests to really get the Plagues off.  Protected by tons of Acolytes, hmmm, maybe that could be okay....though they just stink in combat.  I think they need to be run in layers like a glowing poison onion.

Firstly I do enjoy a good list that ignores stormfiends.

I think stormfiends are in total probably much better them acolytes.

the reason being would be the better survivability stormfiends take with them against most shooting armies and some combat forces, and their damage is pretty noticeable as well.

were skryre acolyte come in is basically their damage.

65shots with -2rend and d3 (d3+1 damage per shoot) is significantly high which makes your list amazing at dealing damage but as a reminder they will die horrible against any kind of shooting attack that is slightly linger then them.

against sebpdy playing teclis and spamming bowman, you’ll probably will have a hard time.

same can be said against any doy having a ton of ugnor raiders or spamming skinks (which seems to be pretty usual, not the ungor spamm though)

Yet against Ironjawz your list might do even better then stormfiends on their  own.

as much as stormfiends are pretty survivable, they won’t survive a charge of a megaboss on mawcrusher, does guys are often buffed to the fullest, able to deal 60damage against a 4+ save.

and while as a skaven player you’ll often have a good amount of screen, having to dry and block a mawcrusher that can move 36inches in a single turn, isn’t easy to block, especially when your meatshields are gone through the attack of some other ironjawz units, and they really will be gone.

So in this case having multiple heavy dage dealing units on the board instead of a single big unit of stormfiends will do much better and hurt much less when youbinstead lose a few points (a few 100points) instead of loosing halve your army 

the plague priest on furnace is an amazing model with some great rules (unlike the more iconic counter part which is trash at this point)

but when you’ve got already units with 1 or less wounds sitting on a 6 up save, I’m not sure that this really is necessary.

unless you’re playing against some ungor raider spamm or I guess slaanesh archers, most armies are currently built towards being able to kill of units with 30 or more wounds on a 4+ save, so most of the time, your units are going to be over killed anyways, battleshock test won’t really be a thing you’d have to worry much about at this point 

• Thanks 1

Tis true, there's always a counter build.  I've got one Doomwheel on the way from GW.  I'll give it a whirl.....and then maybe want another Doomwheel.  Thinking my Arch Warlock would take Deranged Inventor and Vial of the Fulminator, which of course is excllent for making use of the Doomwheels as a sort of long range artillery.

13 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Tis true, there's always a counter build.  I've got one Doomwheel on the way from GW.  I'll give it a whirl.....and then maybe want another Doomwheel.  Thinking my Arch Warlock would take Deranged Inventor and Vial of the Fulminator, which of course is excllent for making use of the Doomwheels as a sort of long range artillery.

Yes and din’t forget levitate.

it’s essential with the doomhweel.

essential it is, Yoda-thing tells you-you

• Haha 1

Aw, man, Levitate would be so awesome with 8D6" movement!

How about this tweek:

Arch Warlock (general, Deranged Inventor, Vial of the Fulminator)

2 Warlock Engineers

3x5 Acolytes for Battleline

4x10 Acolytes for not battleline

4 Ratling Guns (which maybe trading 2 out for Warpfire Throwers could be good?, have some spare points)

2 Warp Lightning Cannons

Vermintide

Wondering if a 2nd Arch Warlock would be beneficial?  I like their higher save and extra spell casting.  Gotta find some weapon teams.  Always liked those guys.  Doomflayers look pretty sweet, but hard to find the models.  Guess I could probably whip some up from bits.  Really hard to fathom how GW hasn't come up with a plastic kit for these in like 25 years or something; I mean besides that poison mortar team from...Island of Blood was it?

Edited by Lord Krungharr

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Aw, man, Levitate would be so awesome with 8D6" movement!

How about this tweek:

Arch Warlock (general, Deranged Inventor, Vial of the Fulminator)

2 Warlock Engineers

3x5 Acolytes for Battleline

4x10 Acolytes for not battleline

4 Ratling Guns (which maybe trading 2 out for Warpfire Throwers could be good?, have some spare points)

2 Warp Lightning Cannons

Vermintide

Wondering if a 2nd Arch Warlock would be beneficial?  I like their higher save and extra spell casting.  Gotta find some weapon teams.  Always liked those guys.  Doomflayers look pretty sweet, but hard to find the models.  Guess I could probably whip some up from bits.  Really hard to fathom how GW hasn't come up with a plastic kit for these in like 25 years or something; I mean besides that poison mortar team from...Island of Blood was it?

Just as a small tipp.

you’re still only making a 4d6 roll,

and doubling the result of that dice roll, since as stated in the following ability of the doomwheel, the result counts as the characteristic not the dice roll itself.

210D2FBD-39CD-45AD-9C0B-CB062F7C9604.jpeg.ba3fee036cbb3e01538ca606b4ba9ff9.jpeg
ps: love the twig, this will definitely be a lot of fun, for you and your opponent.

just wondering you’re not going all out for I have to win no matter what right😅😅😅?

because if that isn’t the case this list is in my opinion awesome.

(the doomwheel can be pretty random, so beware.

But as long as uou always believe in the wheel of doom, everything should go as planned.

and if it doesn’t, that clanrat next to the wheel was sabotaging you.

it was definitely not uour mistake or bad rolling, it was that one small skryre acolyte next to the wheel.

and incompetent fool, that was definitely sabotaging you-you and your plan 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Oh no, I'm not a WAAC player by any means.  I just love Chaotic Chaos armies and the memorable moments they make :D

Got my eyes on some weapon teams.  Hopefully I can snag 'em for a deal!

Good luck mate.

personally Imm sticking with my conversions.

I’m actually planning to play a rattling gun weapon team list (so 20or so rattlings plus 3units of acolytes and 3 bombardiers)D0589509-F284-40D8-B5E2-7C30C181F1BD.jpeg.f074c1a4ad8bd2e9a73541052c39f549.jpeg

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I'd love to do some conversion but lack the bits for it right now.  I've spent more on bits for something lately than just buying the models 🙄

I migjt be a bit lucky actually wjen it come down to bits.

personally I own a small 2k dwarf army, consisting of a good amount of iron drakes and breakers. Thanks to that and my interest into 40k (which I only play narrative and fun as much as possible, (also my I have no glue about the 40k meta and don’t really care))) my bits collection is pretty huge.

And then there’s my local store that collects bits from players all over the place.

Usually I can just sit on one of their hobby tables, when I have time and sort stuff out and look for bits I might be interested in using, paying either a certain value from 1-5dollars (they let you choose how much you want to spend) or either I bring some of my own bits around the corner, to give it to the store for the next customer/player looking for bits.

• Like 3

How I miss the olden days with the massive bits book at the GW store.  My old metal Terminators were the COOLEST, with all long tusks and chainaxes.  My current FLGS doesn't have nearly the 2nd hand stuff they used to.  Just not economically beneficial for them to buy old armies I guess, plus everyone knows about eBay now.

I picked up 3 rattling gun teams, another doomeheel and a doomflayer.   Very eager to see if the flayer can get into something meaty and cause some mayhem. 

Holy cow though, I was looking at Plague Censors!  A double reinforced unit w a prayer or two and attacking when slain and on the charge w AOA, that's like...about the most possible damage I can think of besides Chosen w all the buffs.   Of course they have to get there intact.   

Something like this seems potent:

Grey Seer 

2 Plague Priests

Plague Furnace

Verminlord Corruptor

2x15 Plague Censors battleline Bounty Hunters 

4x10 Plague Monks 

Vermintide 

Great plagues going off at least a couple times probably ?!

4 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Very eager to see if the flayer can get into something meaty and cause some mayhem. 

Rend -2 isn't something to sneeze at. I think the key is to pose different threats at the same time so your opponent can't stack all defensive buffs on your target,

Otherwise you will still have a hard time to get damage through.

13 hours ago, DocKeule said:

Rend -2 isn't something to sneeze at. I think the key is to pose different threats at the same time so your opponent can't stack all defensive buffs on your target,

Otherwise you will still have a hard time to get damage through.

2 damage is good as well 

1 hour ago, greg19190 said:

2 damage is good as well 

It’s definitely not bad.

i think combining that with bounty hunter can do some good damage, especially if you cast deathfrenzy on him.

you basically get a 50% chance of him attacking again (since that is his chance lf dying) and even if he somehow survives his overcharge, he’ll still very likely die to the next unit in combat range, which would tricker death-frenzy anyways again

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

It’s definitely not bad.

i think combining that with bounty hunter can do some good damage, especially if you cast deathfrenzy on him.

you basically get a 50% chance of him attacking again (since that is his chance lf dying) and even if he somehow survives his overcharge, he’ll still very likely die to the next unit in combat range, which would tricker death-frenzy anyways again

I have been thinking about using them with out dieying and the way I came up with is having a block of 60 clan rats with 3 of the doomflairs in it a clawlord near by with the warpstone charm get the clan rats in charge with clawlord but leave lines were the doomflayrs go 3.9 away thecnacly they charged so clanrats go first then enomy unit hits back then the doomflayrs pile in one at a time with - 3 Rend 

• Like 1