Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

17 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

true, but still a far cry from what we're all screaming out for.

Just saying.

For sure.
I look at it as we ARE getting changes and still a legal choice.

I'm happy with any changes here. I doubt we'll be the end all be-all of armies, but to keep pace is nice. 

There's tons of units/models and even armies that have gone to the dust-bin. Oh, Tomb Kings... you will not be missed.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, given last year's revisions, all we really need is adjustments to accommodate for the new rules...

2nd tier kindness from FW would be revised battalions and Shar'tor warscroll IMHO

I doubt a book is even remotely on the horizon to be honest...

Howdy all,

ive just recently got the itch to start a small legion army as I impatiently await the new Nighthaunt models. I want to do something a little different and decided to base my army on a cult that has grown in a free city in the Chamon. I kitbashed these first ten ironsworn from longbeard bodies, ironbreaker heads, arkanaut company arms and fyreslayer shields, as well as various crests, horns, and spikes from many chaos kits. Also I painted Shar’tor because I think he’s an awesome model and it’s not hard to work a visit from Hashut’s prophet into the lore of an upstart cult. 

Ive also got plans to convert some human/hobgoblin forge slaves out of clanrats, and war engines from chaos space marine daemon engines if I don’t get sidetracked come June. 

51094996-0807-491D-9BDF-78C18D168B05.jpeg

3967BAA8-B7E9-4583-BFA8-60F636233E2E.jpeg

B0FC1D1A-C351-48DF-826F-2315ECB2EB0A.jpeg

By no means conclusive, but I asked on their Facebook page and received this...

"Hey Matt! First up, the warscrolls we have right now will 100% be compatible with the new edition! Will you get an update? No word from the Forge World design team at this moment; if we get any news, we will pass it on right here."

I was wondering if there is any reason to get a second iron daemon. Right now I have one that has been towing a magma cannon into range. I just got two deathshriekers and a dreadquake so I considered getting another iron daemon for more mobility. But since the shriekers and dreadquake have such a long range I think that mobility is not as important for them. Also, my experiences with my iron daemon have not been good enough to make me want to get another on it's own merit. Anybody have other thoughts?

2 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I was wondering if there is any reason to get a second iron daemon. Right now I have one that has been towing a magma cannon into range. I just got two deathshriekers and a dreadquake so I considered getting another iron daemon for more mobility. But since the shriekers and dreadquake have such a long range I think that mobility is not as important for them. Also, my experiences with my iron daemon have not been good enough to make me want to get another on it's own merit. Anybody have other thoughts?

Well, my view is that Iron Daemons are excellent value for 180, and I have a second one to tow a second Magma Cannon around. :-)

But maybe you'd prefer a melee-focussed Skullcracker?

You also need 2 Iron Daemons for the Artillery Battalion. I also think those are amazin for 180 Pt. Keep it Back with high life, overpower it every turn and shoot 4D6, -2 Rend every turn :D 

In the last Game my Iron Daemon killed two Units of 5 Liberators in 2 Shooting Phases just to run over the whole Board then to kill some left overs Judicators and a Relictor in the Charge afterwards and stay there with 1 HP left. He also stole the Objective the Relictor was holding. 

Pull a Magma with you and it gets even better. Only Charge if you realy have to its a crappy Melee. And Use its Body to block Way and Sight to ur more fragile Units. 

Absolutely amazing work on that skull cracker. 
The weathering is phenomenal and I LOVE the limited color pallete/ OSL . 
only criticism is it needs a bit more color on front, similar to what's from the vents/steam whistle (?)

Great, now I want some skull-crackers. 

5 hours ago, Blackspine said:

Absolutely amazing work on that skull cracker. 
The weathering is phenomenal and I LOVE the limited color pallete/ OSL . 
only criticism is it needs a bit more color on front, similar to what's from the vents/steam whistle (?)

Great, now I want some skull-crackers. 

Yep, it's just WiP photos, I added glow on the coals, blood and gore splattered on the front of the engine and its blades as well.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:01 PM, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Going full steam ahead on finishing these guys up.  They'll be my main in 2nd edition, come hell or high water.

uSKhj8J.jpg

7QGZIbV.jpg
pkmxjsS.jpg
K6642Jv.jpg

Looking great buddy, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

22 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Yep, it's just WiP photos, I added glow on the coals, blood and gore splattered on the front of the engine and its blades as well.

Keep it comin! They look great. 
What did you use for weathering effects?  They're fantastic.

They look fantastic!!  Very Dark 

Anyone worried about shooting in 2.0,  seems very easy to tie up our Artillery now we can't shoot out of combat, any thoughts?

Also as 40k and Sigmars rulesets are getting more and more similar has anybody heard anything like the rule to shoot back when we get charged? (is it called overcharge in 40k? Am I getting confused with the blow up on a 1 rule...)

1 hour ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

They look fantastic!!  Very Dark 

Anyone worried about shooting in 2.0,  seems very easy to tie up our Artillery now we can't shoot out of combat, any thoughts?

Also as 40k and Sigmars rulesets are getting more and more similar has anybody heard anything like the rule to shoot back when we get charged? (is it called overcharge in 40k? Am I getting confused with the blow up on a 1 rule...)

Its called overwatch on 40k. I doubt that it will become a general rule in AoS. Razerdons and a couple of other units have a similar rule in their warscroll. 

I wouldn't worry too much about getting artillery tied up unless you tend to leave them alone. The things I can think of that can get past a screen are fragile enough to take care of quickly. I could be overlooking some units and it seems like the new nighthaunts may be good at that because they all fly.

3 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Not really. 
It will help the game a lot. 
It makes the 3 lines of 10-20 fireglaives slightly less appealing. They still CAN shoot, just only within 3". whtich is still pretty good. 
It does make a HORDE of ironsworn more appealing.

Bull Centuars became a lot more useful, as they can take up large spaces of the board, tie down enemy shooting and make it hard to get to our lines.

Mirroring what was said before; if your artillery is in combat, you've already lost them.  Not a lot of things can get there easily, that and you may have some 'artillery guards' nearby.

Archived