Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys see this?? https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/12/new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-your-essential-guide-may12gw-homepage-post-3/ I'm sure I'm just getting my hopes up we have gotten some sort of small update with each new edition haven't we? With 8th we got the Tamurkhan campaign book, with AoS we got the Shar'tor model, maybe we will get something small like allegiance abilities or something. Like I said I'm sure I'm just getting my hopes up but they released a new map for Aqshy, maybe there is some room for us on it. 

I remember someone mentioning from the Kharadron Overlords book it said they fought a giant mechanical kraken made by the twisted "furnace kings" I think it was. I just skimmed the map but I did notice there are major points marked on the map with a faction icon next to them. There is a skaven icon next to Snow Peaks, a stormcast icon next to Hallowheart, and there was one in particular that caught my eye. There's an icon between The Forge of Anathema and the Brazenskull Volcano that looks like it could go with a faction described as "furnace kings". lol I'm reading way too much into it!

Anyone else see anything hopeful on the map or have any thoughts about what the new edition might have in store either for us or just in general?

36 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

There's an icon between The Forge of Anathema and the Brazenskull Volcano that looks like it could go with a faction described as "furnace kings". lol I'm reading way too much into it!

That looks to be for the Fyreslayers.

1 hour ago, Browncoat89 said:

Did you guys see this?? https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/12/new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-your-essential-guide-may12gw-homepage-post-3/ I'm sure I'm just getting my hopes up we have gotten some sort of small update with each new edition haven't we? With 8th we got the Tamurkhan campaign book, with AoS we got the Shar'tor model, maybe we will get something small like allegiance abilities or something. Like I said I'm sure I'm just getting my hopes up but they released a new map for Aqshy, maybe there is some room for us on it. 

I remember someone mentioning from the Kharadron Overlords book it said they fought a giant mechanical kraken made by the twisted "furnace kings" I think it was. I just skimmed the map but I did notice there are major points marked on the map with a faction icon next to them. There is a skaven icon next to Snow Peaks, a stormcast icon next to Hallowheart, and there was one in particular that caught my eye. There's an icon between The Forge of Anathema and the Brazenskull Volcano that looks like it could go with a faction described as "furnace kings". lol I'm reading way too much into it!

Anyone else see anything hopeful on the map or have any thoughts about what the new edition might have in store either for us or just in general?

Which book is it that mentions the mechanical kraken?

Just now, FERRUMITE said:

Which book is it that mentions the mechanical kraken?

I remember seeing a post in this thread a while back that said it was in the Kharadron Overlord battletome I think. I don't own that battletome though so I was just just referring to someone else's post.

1 hour ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Unsure if @Ben is able to answer... but are there at least CHANGES for us with the rules update?  I think that for an army that is fairly slow and relies a lot on the shooting phase, we're going to be severely affected by the new shooting changes as well as the command ability changes, etc.

Yeah I agree, it's most likely going to be pretty crippling unless an update does come. 

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So currently we know nothing other than we can’t  shoot out of a combat.

Lets use this as a starting point to discuss what changes we need to be mindful of with the new rules.

Well, it sucks for our artillery... all it takes is something like harpies to deepstrike or bats to fly in and charge, and they have to shoot what's in their face.

I hope we start seeing missile weapons that can only be used in close combat that are devastating, akin to shotgun blasts, hand-cannons, etc...

9 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Well, it sucks for our artillery... all it takes is something like harpies to deepstrike or bats to fly in and charge, and they have to shoot what's in their face.

I hope we start seeing missile weapons that can only be used in close combat that are devastating, akin to shotgun blasts, hand-cannons, etc...

Yeah that's where the old blunderbuss option would have been king.

I’m joining with others in the hopes that FW actually takes the time to update our rules and fluff for the new edition. I don’t think we need to fear being discontinued given the release of Shar’tor, but then again stranger things have happened. I just hope we get rule updates in time for 2nd edition launch, and also I really hope we get rules for greenskin slaves back, as well as K’daai Destroyer. I would love to convert one for my army as a big centerpiece model 

Legion will probably get an update in the same vain as Renegades & Heretics, Death Korps of Krieg and the Elysians did for 8th.

Now, whether that update will be well-written, balanced and not absurdly priced points wise... ehhh, don't hold your breath.

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Legion will probably get an update in the same vain as Renegades & Heretics, Death Korps of Krieg and the Elysians did for 8th.

Now, whether that update will be well-written, balanced and not absurdly priced points wise... ehhh, don't hold your breath.

I feel like they did a pretty good job lower our points during the last warscroll update. I feel like they are actually pretty powerful right now compared to how they were in the first AoS compendium. I think a lot of things were too expensive in that list.

3 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

I feel like they did a pretty good job lower our points during the last warscroll update. I feel like they are actually pretty powerful right now compared to how they were in the first AoS compendium. I think a lot of things were too expensive in that list.

Yep, they're good now, but miss out on buffs/synergies that other subfactions receive.  We need a little extra boost to be more competitive... now that the 1st round priority is changing to a roll-off, and double turns may have penalties/buffs, we need to take that into consideration along with warscroll and points changes.

20 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Yep, they're good now, but miss out on buffs/synergies that other subfactions receive.  We need a little extra boost to be more competitive... now that the 1st round priority is changing to a roll-off, and double turns may have penalties/buffs, we need to take that into consideration along with warscroll and points changes.

agreed.  Basically we need to come off the warscroll compendium roundabout and get a proper piece of literature to bring us bang up to date.

So just to clarify on the hellcannon.   Today,  it has the keyword for good dwarves "duardin" and nothing else of use.   It can only legally be taken in Grand Alliance lists, but used to be Slaves to Darkness?  And points used to be 300?

Final product pictures.  

IMAG0597.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

How did I do?

Screenshot_20180516-123619_Email.jpg

Its a good start, eventually you'll want to get an Iron Daemon war machine, maybe an additional unit or two of each of the infantry and fireglaives. The bull Centaurs are great right now, so that's a good direction too. Everyone here will gladly answer any questions you have about our favorite faction.

1 hour ago, grungolah said:

So just to clarify on the hellcannon.   Today,  it has the keyword for good dwarves "duardin" and nothing else of use.   It can only legally be taken in Grand Alliance lists, but used to be Slaves to Darkness?  And points used to be 300?

Final product pictures.  

IMAG0597.jpg

It shows up under the Warriors of Chaos faction under the warscroll builder app. Its still 300 points, so you could take it as an ally in a LoA list if you wanted to. If its a friendly game just ask, everyone I've played against with one in my list were all for it and thought it was stupid it wasn't officially part of the LoA.

2 minutes ago, Lobeau said:

It shows up under the Warriors of Chaos faction under the warscroll builder app. Its still 300 points, so you could take it as an ally in a LoA list if you wanted to. If its a friendly game just ask, everyone I've played against with one in my list were all for it and thought it was stupid it wasn't officially part of the LoA.

Ahh, that's why I couldn't find it.  I was hoping for something official that allied with Nurgle.  As ancient as it is, I don't expect it to show up in the upcoming Slaverchosen book either.

I'm sure in a friendly game, it won't be an issue.

Archived