BLADEGHEIST REVENANTS vs DREADSCYTHE HARRIDANS

GeneralZero

29 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Ah. Thanks. Good.

I thought I was missing some basic AoS thing, but really it requires a flying unit and two other spells to make it work.

Nifty. No guarantee, but cool when you pull it off.

It depends on the situation, you only need to fly 3” past them, 8” base movement is sufficient for that if the enemy is in narrow line

1 hour ago, soots said:

i personally feel really dirty for paying points for the Harridans "Harrowing Shreik" (-1 to hit for B6). The bravery 6 condition is farcical with bravery in AoS. I just feel like im wasting points for it.

Thats true of any ability that only works against certain opponents, Though the -1 bravery that NH causes makes it so that ability works against a lot of units in the game other than undead, daemons, SCE, and a few other high bravery units.

If you want to max the use of bravery ability for harridans, allying with blood knights or morghasts gives you easy access for extra -1 bravery. Furthermore, endless spells such as gnashing jaws and purple sun also can drop bravery by 1. Combining these you could get everyone within bravery 7 or 8 also fall under the -1 hit (which would include sce and most duardin units for example).

18 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

If you want to max the use of bravery ability for harridans, allying with blood knights or morghasts gives you easy access for extra -1 bravery. Furthermore, endless spells such as gnashing jaws and purple sun also can drop bravery by 1. Combining these you could get everyone within bravery 7 or 8 also fall under the -1 hit (which would include sce and most duardin units for example).

Yup, one fun build I have been toying with is bravery debuff Legion of Blood with allied harridans and Olynder. Good luck killing harridans who are near Nef and with the help of jaws the army can obliterate bravery of near anything. Even bravery 10 will be weak in the knees when hit with -4 bravery or more.

The biggest possible bravery debuff I can think of is -7, tho I feel it would be too many pts to ever actually run it up that high in any real list.

- LoB allegiance

- Death unit standard bearer

- Double cast overwhelming dread

- Morghasts

- Jaws

- Purple sun

9 hours ago, soots said:

i personally feel really dirty for paying points for the Harridans "Harrowing Shreik" (-1 to hit for B6). The bravery 6 condition is farcical with bravery in AoS. I just feel like im wasting points for it.

Yeah, it's 1 point too high to affect so many of the B7 base units that are out there. There are some common things that it does affect though, such as unbuffed Eels, Sylvaneth battleline, Tzeentch batteline, Arkanauts, etc.

That said, Harridans would be worth their points if you just took this ability off their warscroll. They do a lot of damage, and though they like their to-hit buffed, they contend with Bladegheists just fine on damage potential alone. Also their battalion is relatively insane. So if you treat the -1 to hit like gravy rather than the main course, they're still a great unit.

Are they as good as Bladegheists? Maybe not, but only by a leeeetle bit imho.

There might be something to be said for fitting some harridans in as allies for a legion of blood list. With neferata, and a necromancer throwing overwhelming dread, and a banner within range, harridans could be at a tasty -3 (or even -4) to hit. Could be a very nice little synergistic unit for a Legion that struggles a bit. 

56 minutes ago, Nullius said:

There might be something to be said for fitting some harridans in as allies for a legion of blood list. With neferata, and a necromancer throwing overwhelming dread, and a banner within range, harridans could be at a tasty -3 (or even -4) to hit. Could be a very nice little synergistic unit for a Legion that struggles a bit. 

Its worth noting that 6s always hit so generally its not worth the resources to go beyond -3 to hit in most situations.

On 8/6/2018 at 10:00 AM, soots said:

Keep in Mind its bravery characteristic.  So the +1 bravery per 10 does not factor in as that is only in the battelshock phase,  but Nighthaunts -1 to enemy bravery characteristic will be taken into account.  Thus anything with 7 or less bravery on their warscroll will be affected, which without going through every warscroll i believe is a larger portion of them with some obvious exceptions (most if not all of death for example)

How do you get -3 to hit?!?

3 hours ago, themortalgod said:

its not worth the resources to go beyond -3 to hit i

The rule in my app states -1 to hit unless the bravery is over 6...

So it really doesn’t matter how low you debuff the bravery, as long as it is max.5

2 hours ago, Honk said:

How do you get -3 to hit?!?

The rule in my app states -1 to hit unless the bravery is over 6...

So it really doesn’t matter how low you debuff the bravery, as long as it is max.5

-1 for harridans.

-1 for nef aura

-1 for overwhelming dread 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:09 AM, Sleboda said:

Ah. Thanks. Good.

I thought I was missing some basic AoS thing, but really it requires a flying unit and two other spells to make it work.

Nifty. No guarantee, but cool when you pull it off.

Well, everything in nighthaunt flies. What it really requires is a unit that can retreat&charge, so you can bypass the unit you are in combat with, and charge something behind. The movement can give you more options, but it's not a requirement. Also, Fell wind isn't a spell, it's an artifact (its trigger condition is also so good you can cover a huge chunk of your army, a knightshroud can do a braveheart speech for a 12"+15"+12" = 39" bubble).

7 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Yes, I was responding to Nullius who was talking about stacking -1s to hit in legion of blood to make them near invincible.

It’s a pretty nasty synergy. Unfortunately part of it hinges on Neferata’s survival and like all the mortarchs she dies to a stiff breeze. But a supported mob of 20 harridans is not a terrible unit for taking a ton of attacks and not shifting at all. Ressurection in the next hero phase would make them all but invulnerable. Plus they are kind of thematic for neferata. Like the tortured souls of former acolytes or fair maidens that Neferata grew jealous of and cursed or something.

2 hours ago, Nullius said:

It’s a pretty nasty synergy. Unfortunately part of it hinges on Neferata’s survival and like all the mortarchs she dies to a stiff breeze. But a supported mob of 20 harridans is not a terrible unit for taking a ton of attacks and not shifting at all. Ressurection in the next hero phase would make them all but invulnerable. Plus they are kind of thematic for neferata. Like the tortured souls of former acolytes or fair maidens that Neferata grew jealous of and cursed or something.

Yup, tho even just overwhelming dread is enough to make harridans damn tanky, even if nef dies. -2 to hit, immune to rend, desthless minions, and summunable is narly.

15 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I though that they were allies in LoB or LoN. Then, they  can't benefit of summon....

They can benefit from Deathly Invocation as that’s not tied to allegiance abilities but can’t benefit from any allegiance rules such as summoning or healing from gravesites.

Archived