Host of Slaanesh

TalesOfSigmar

Morning all, will be taking a Host of Slaanesh army for the Facehammer GT. Think I've settled on this list for the event;

Unit Qty Picks Total Models Pt Total
Daemonettes of Slaanesh 4 40 480
Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot 1 1 160
The Masque of Slaanesh 1 1 80
Keeper of Secrets 1 1 280
Exalted Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh 2 2 280
Seekers of Slaanesh 3 15 360
Daemon Prince 1 1 160
Chaos Gargant 1 1 180

I've got a couple of questions though about the chariots. It says when they charge roll a dice for each model within 1" of the chariot on a 4+ the unit suffers D3 Mortal Wounds.

Does that mean each time I roll a 4+ I get D3 Mortal Wounds. For Example I charge 20 Stormvermin and manage to roll somehow 20 4+, does that mean 20D3 Mortal Wounds to the unit?

Cheers      
Chalmers      

6 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

I've gota couple of questions though about the chariots. It says when they charge roll a dice for each model within 1" of the chariot on a 4+ the unit suffers D3 Mortal Wounds.

Does that mean each time I roll a 4+ I get D3 Mortal Wounds. For Example I charge 20 Stormvermin and manage to roll somehow 20 4+, does that mean 20D3 Mortal Wounds to the unit?

Cheers      
Chalmers      

As broken as that sounds, that is how it reads isn't it. As long as all the 20 Stormvermin are 1 inch away I cant see how that isn't the case. xD

17 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

I'm glad it's not just me reading it like that.

Also I asked on Twitter but didn't get a definitive answer, Daemonettes, 25mms or 32mms?

Every publications since AoS has been released has Daemonettes on 25mm bases

Yes, it's a 4+ roll for every model. The charge is where its power is. Then you have the gamble of retreating to try and charge back on a double turn. 

Though I am yet to field one myself it reads to be an excellent battleline unit muncher. 

Battleshock test will do the rest. 

A slaanesh player? pervert :P 

i love the idea of doing a slaanesh army, just don't have the confidence to invest into one until we find out what's happening in the story,

id use a fair few dark Aelf models ( darkling coverns ) as proxies though so im unsure if id be able to travel around with it 

• 2 months later...

I've played around a bit with them. In casual play they're surprisingly capable.

I used:

Chaos lord on demon steed (slaanesh) 140

DP of slaanesh 160

Chaos sorcerer on mount (slaanesh) 140

Lord of Slaanesh on demon steed 140

15 hell striders 300

20 daemonettes 240

10 daemonettes 120

5 knights (slaanesh) 200

10 warriors of slaanesh 180

soul grinder (slaanesh) 280

5 marauder horsemen (slaanesh)

I wanted to run an exalted chariot and a unit of seekers but they are still under construction.

It was a fun, fast, fluffy list, I thought.

The DP performed awesomely, as did the striders. After two turns of massacring bloodreavers, they were getting 3 attacks apiece. That -1 to hit is brilliant.

I have one of those, and it's proving to be the most tedious model to assemble/paint EVER. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find a couple already assembled on eBay...:D

On a more serious note, they really would shred stuff up, wouldn't they?

I'm slowly working on a Slaaneshi host myself, although largely different from yours as I've chosen to ally in a few units from outside of the Host of Slaanesh. Until we get unique allegiance abilities, it's not like it matters anyway as long as it's all chaos.

My idea is to basically emphasize the blinding speed Slaanesh can move at, and take it to the extreme. Instead of using any battalions, I add in Sayl and a Chaos Sorceress Lord to pump up my huuuuge daemonette units, and pump them forward. The idea is to use as much character support as possible to create massive target saturation, while at the same time throwing big units at the opponent to force his hand.

My current list iteration looks like this:

Leaders
Daemon Prince (160)
- Flying with Axe
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Keeper Of Secrets (280)
- General
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)
- Mounted

Sayl The Faithless (160)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runesword
- Mounted
Valkia The Bloody (120)

Units
Daemonettes Of Slaanesh x 30 (360)
Daemonettes Of Slaanesh x 30 (360)
Seekers Of Slaanesh x 10 (240)
Ungors x 20 (120)
- Shortspears & Half Shields

I've chosen the Ungors over Marauders because I want the range of the spears over the Barbarian Horde; their primary two jobs are to count as one of my battleline choices, and latch onto an objective and hold it. DP and Valkia can deal with character assassination, Sorc, Sayl, Keeper and Herald beef up the Daemonettes, Seekers go where they're needed.

They are fragile, though, but ideally, you want to use their speed to counter that and get a solid frontline push in early. If Valkia or the DP can kill a Kunnin Rukk Warboss early, or the Daemonettes can swarm a Thundertusk before it gets its breath off, you can take a lot of edge off an enemy from sheer numbers alone.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Not yet. I lost motivation finishing it due to the Exalted Chariots. One almost killed me, the rest are still in boxes!

It's going to be a 2017 project to get finished.

too bad, i got some daemonettes/seekers/1 seeker-chariot for little money and thought about expanding slaanesh. Would have been nice to get some input, how they perform in combat or some small battlereports.

I don´t like building stuff, i like the painting, so i´m not shure if this is the right army for me ;) i will try the (small) seeker chariot and decide afterwords. 

Quick questions: Hellflayer or seeker chariot? And is the building of the herold on seeker chariot different to the normal seeker chariot?

Archived