Cthulhu cult Idoneth conversion help!

Charnel-13

Hi, I'm about to start my Idoneth army. My plan was to use the feeder tendril heads from genestealers and acolyte hybrids to replace all their heads. Giving them a cthulhu/mind flayer theme! 

Will the heads even be the right size? Is my idea bad? Thanks!

There's also the banner totem from the Corsair box which is a kraken head. You can also buy a Cthulhu greenstuff roller too for basing. I'm going to pick on up myself if I ever go for an Idoneth army.

I actually ordered it yesterday! great minds think alike! 

The heads might be a smidge big, but should work with a bit of green stuff to smooth things over. I mean I got one to fit comfortably on an Eldar Farseer so I assume that are a similar size. 

Hope it works though, should look awesome.

I got my hands on my ahkelian king and the head choices are TINY. luckily they have big armoured collars so the neck join wont be too bad for him.  

It is a lot more work, but instead of using the full genestealer/cult heads just cut off the tendrils.  Then cut/trim the elf lower jaws and match them up.  That way they actually look like elves.  This sounds like a cool idea and what I was hoping for when the Deepkin were still rumors.

Since some of you asked, meet Zhul'toth, Leader of the cult of the forgotten mad god.  (sorry for bad photo skillz)

Cleaning up the neck once it dries. I'm not sure of the colour scheme, but I want their skin to be green and use lots of grosser colours.

IMAG0540.jpg

IMAG0543.jpg

Oh my god, this is perfect! It completely transforms the model! I also had this idea, but would never have had the time/resources to do it. Now I can enjoy your project instead. Please keep posting pictures!

• 3 weeks later...

Thse look really good, really changes the model. Also, just throwing out there, the Malanthrope head would look ace on the Eidolon Model, you could then use the rest of the Malanthrope to make a ridden deep sea monster, like an angler fish, Gulper Eel etc.

• 3 months later...

For converting the eel rides you might want to look into getting a greenstuff roller and making tentacles that way to add to the models.

Regardless how you do it I like the idea a lot! It adds a sinister look to the army that pairs well with the Namarti's lack of eyes and almost makes the whole thing even more twisted than before.

A really nice begin for a cool project.
The best  part for me, that is I'm also working on a  Idoneth Aqshy Chtulhu army ^^. The genestealer head are a really good idea. I used some DDs'mindflayer head for my hero, and find them a bit small. your head come from which box and how many of them per box? I can recast them but just wondering about the investment I'll need.

I'll probably share some leaks soon. All i can say for now is that I'm a bit proud on my HermitCrab-Leviadon...
I Also used the squid bitz from Eidolon for the Eidolon's head. which is convincing with green paste additions.
Moreover, adding Slaanesh host start collecting gave me some nice bitz...

Ps : sorry for the potatoes English...

Archived