AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

1 hour ago, Honk said:

😳 vhat? Kind of eh?!?

+1 attack and +1 damage against an hero with artifact, tell that some poor bloodthirster who gets his face kicked in. Or some idoleth deep thingy, 12hp with a 3+ needs to get torn to shreds somehow.

Well its pretty good in that case, but also pretty niche you know? I’m also a guy who prefers his traits to be generally all around good, like Hellish Orator or Dark Acolyte. Once you deal with an artefact holder, or worse, your opponent kites your Varg and makes sure it never sees combat with its intended target, that trait is kind of useless. I personally find that scenario pretty frustrating. I’d rather take an extra free wizard or an extra CP on a 4+ over that, those will statistically see at least some use.

Again I’m not calling it bad, I’m just saying there are other traits I’d prefer.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

your opponent kites your Varg

If your opponent successfully kites your hollowmourne mordant varghulf, you might as well concede, he‘s far beyond your skill level 🤣

but of course acolyte and orator are better options. More so on the smaller tables of 3.0

4 hours ago, Honk said:

If your opponent successfully kites your hollowmourne mordant varghulf, you might as well concede, he‘s far beyond your skill level 🤣

but of course acolyte and orator are better options. More so on the smaller tables of 3.0

I’ll fiddle around with it for sure. I really want to see the points changes before I do too much.

Very weak unless we get some points drops or 60 ghouls.

Roar is really bad, capping command ability usage per unit per phase is restrictive aswell(maybe in next book feeding frenzy isn't a CA?) Coherency has hurt flayer usage.

Gristlegore exploding 6's got changed from what I heard. You can't use them on the terrorgheist maw attacks at all now whereas before you kept an attack.their CA not working with roar and you not being able to do it plus feeding frenzy is another nerf.

Positives? Maybe our endless spells are good as we have a +2 caster.

I haven't seen the universal spells/artifacts yet maybe there's some nice stuff in there?

Edited by Svalack

6 hours ago, Svalack said:

Very weak unless we get some points drops or 60 ghouls.

Roar is really bad, capping command ability usage per unit per phase is restrictive aswell(maybe in next book feeding frenzy isn't a CA?) Coherency has hurt flayer usage.

Gristlegore exploding 6's got changed from what I heard. You can't use them on the terrorgheist maw attacks at all now whereas before you kept an attack.their CA not working with roar and you not being able to do it plus feeding frenzy is another nerf.

Positives? Maybe our endless spells are good as we have a +2 caster.

I haven't seen the universal spells/artifacts yet maybe there's some nice stuff in there?

Wait what about CA capping? So we can basically use Frenzy once a turn now?

With coherency, are we going with smaller units of flayers?

Also, I did see the changed to Endless Spells, particularly Predatory ones. I feel that’s going to bring a lot of good use to Corpsemare Stampede, which is good, because it’s one of my favorite models in our entire lineup. I think that’s worth having the Archregent take back the general slot in a Feast Day list, to benefit from that +2 like you said.

Edited by KibaWildFang

So, fellow regents, I’ve been doing some thinking...

Monsters turning off abilities is gonna be a problem, right? So.. why don’t we BE the problem? I’m thinking of bringing two Gheist Kings to the table, knocking down to minimum ghoul squads, as well as taking Corpsemare Stampede with the updated goodness. Jury’s still out for me on flayer unit size.

By the way does new CA rule mean we can only summon once a turn now?

6 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

By the way does new CA rule mean we can only summon once a turn now?

If they're the same command ability yes, but as far as I can tell you can use two different summoning command abilities.  So one each of a ghoul king, gheist king, dragon king, and regent can all summon in the same turn, but if you had two regents they'd have to use their CA in two different turns.

Honestly, there look to be a lot of significant hits to FEC.  I'm curious to see if they can patch it up into something still vaguely playable with an errata/FAQ document, but the faction might be stuck waiting for a new battletome.  Hopefully that wait isn't too long.

Some things to note for my fellow noble knights. Ive been trying to be somewhat positive about the changes for our boys but I think we may need a new tome sooner rather than later.

- We can only feeding frenzy once per turn now.

- Gristlegore seemed like it was going to be the goods, but you cant fight on death if you have used a Command point previously that phase for feeding frenzy, all out attack or defence. 6s also no longer explode on the Maw if you choose to take the 6 mortals instead.

- Our endless spells (the chalice!) can be dispelled in  both hero phases now. Speaking of, returned ghouls need to be set up within an inch of a model that was already there. 

Anyone have anything else thats gonna change the way we used to play? Not trying to be negative, just pointing out some fairly significant changes to the army.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sharklone said:

Anyone have anything else thats gonna change the way we used to play? Not trying to be negative, just pointing out some fairly significant changes to the army.

Still brooding over the pages… 

some rules hurt, but before we all lay down to die, everybody else has the same limitations.

It is sad that prayers are treated as abilities, so bloodboil spam stays viable. I hoped for a „once per turn“ restriction as is usual for spells.

but I guess the first bigger tournaments will enlighten my casual game, how things are done.

3 hours ago, Sharklone said:

Some things to note for my fellow noble knights. Ive been trying to be somewhat positive about the changes for our boys but I think we may need a new tome sooner rather than later.

- Gristlegore seemed like it was going to be the goods, but you cant fight on death if you have used a Command point previously that phase for feeding frenzy, all out attack or defence. 6s also no longer explode on the Maw if you choose to take the 6 mortals instead.

- Our endless spells (the chalice!) can be dispelled in  both hero phases now. Speaking of, returned ghouls need to be set up within an inch of a model that was already there. 

Ghouls that run to battleshock also don't fill up the chalice anymore, as they are removed and not count as slain, I think.

Wait... now our Gheist Kings don’t even explode 6s? That was like the last line of defense I was gonna lean on. Not gonna lie, it sort of feels like we’re being piled on, here. Coherency screws our true potential of flayers, ghoul blobs are limited to 30 max now, Gheist Kings don’t absolutely shred on 6s (even though 6 mortals is still really nice, though with how prevalent Wards are looking, how long is that gonna last?). Chalice can be dispelled twice as often... eh, that kinda sucks but its liveable.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not backing down now. I love the models and the lore too much. But we need a tome, stat. I know to some degree other armies are limited too, but we really took a blow, let’s not lie to ourselves.

But you know what? We are Knights of the Realm. We are each of us shining nobles. We will overcome these dark times... somehow.

Edit: where did you find the changes to the Gheist’s maw btw? Do you somehow have the new GHB? Tell us point costs, man!!

Edited by KibaWildFang
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sharklone said:

Am I reading this right? So if we roll, say, 3 6s, do we only inflict 6 mortals from one of them now?

4 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

Am I reading this right? So if we roll, say, 3 6s, do we only inflict 6 mortals from one of them now?

No, every 6 will inflict Mortals.

But you cannot stack the ability with Gristlegore anymore, as you must pick which effect to apply.

18 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

No, every 6 will inflict Mortals.

But you cannot stack the ability with Gristlegore anymore, as you must pick which effect to apply.

Oh thank Nagash, I was about to be depressed. Though I feel sorrow for the Kingdoms of Ghur. But at least I have didn’t take as big of a blow to our great beasts as I thought we were about to.

I can live with some of the other grievances, I really can. It’s when they try to neuter my cool monster, that’s where I begin to get sad. 

32 minutes ago, Feii said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/15/the-rumour-engine-15th-june-2021/  his right hand

left hand with the sword  2020-05-05.jpg

probably an FeC guy sitting on a throne 

Oh wow. While I hesitate to think its Ushoran (the scale is too small imo), I think it may be a new footslogging AGK model, since the one on the rock doesn’t really feel as awe-inspiring as the same model on a gheist or dragon. To be fair, its about time. Though, I don’t see us using footslogging kings when we can take Archregents or mounted Kings. Though I am hopeful this means we will get our tome sooner rather than later.

Also Ushoran fully returning would make his motives towards Nagash clear, and its left ambiguous so courts can choose to follow Nagash or abhor him, haha..

My votes are towards a new AGK model, a single model elite unit (since other armies have them... maybe a Sweetbread Princeling, or some Royal Guard for an Archregent?) or maybe even our own Priest model.

Edited by KibaWildFang

19 minutes ago, KibaWildFang said:

Oh wow. While I hesitate to think its Ushoran (the scale is too small imo), I think it may be a new footslogging AGK model, since the one on the rock doesn’t really feel as awe-inspiring as the same model on a gheist or dragon. To be fair, its about time. Though, I don’t see us using footslogging kings when we can take Archregents or mounted Kings. Though I am hopeful this means we will get our tome sooner rather than later.

Also Ushoran fully returning would make his motives towards Nagash clear, and its left ambiguous so courts can choose to follow Nagash or abhor him, haha..

My votes are towards a new AGK model, a single model elite unit (since other armies have them... maybe a Sweetbread Princeling, or some Royal Guard for an Archregent?) or maybe even our own Priest model.

I dont think it is Ushoran and agree with the scale argument. MAybe it is a throne on some kind of crazy monster though? We don;t know. 

9 minutes ago, Feii said:

I dont think it is Ushoran and agree with the scale argument. MAybe it is a throne on some kind of crazy monster though? We don;t know. 

Maybe. I know we’re missing model range including single model “heroes” that don’t go in the leader slot (like Khorne/Sigmar have), and we’re missing priests. I’ll be shocked if we get a new monster type when ours already are pretty renowned.

4 hours ago, Feii said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/15/the-rumour-engine-15th-june-2021/  his right hand

left hand with the sword  2020-05-05.jpg

probably an FeC guy sitting on a throne 

I just want to say that maybe it is the new krule boyz guy on the swamp crocodile or the dragon unit from the leaks? I hope not but don't expect too much because the let down could be real :( 

18 hours ago, Feii said:

I just want to say that maybe it is the new krule boyz guy on the swamp crocodile or the dragon unit from the leaks? I hope not but don't expect too much because the let down could be real :( 

It could be. Would be weird for them to use a stone looking throne on a swamp crocodile when they barely use leather saddles as is. Also, hard to plant a sword in the ground when you’re bracing to move your mount at any moment.

At this point though, its anyones guess. One thing I’ve seen from rumor mills is how left-field they come!