AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Just had a three player 1000pt game (AoS) against Kharadron OL and Tzeentch Slaves to Darkness. I was using 6 fiends and the harpist, as well as a KoS and two units of hellstriders. The fiends are amazing - I tabled nearly two armies with just them in four turns (whilst summoning more fiends - the harpist is surprisingly very useful for the DP generation). 

One of my opponents just sent me this: 

received_2265670883717902.jpeg

• Haha 1

Ran a game with harp and fiends. Ran 2 harps and 3 man fiends. The fiends can do work for sure blasted a lord arcanum on griffen off the board with the stings alone. The harp forced reroll was nice especially since the wizard rolled a double and it remaing 3 wounds were removed with 3 mortal wounds after the spell resolved. The daemonettes changes felt good.

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

Just had a three player 1000pt game (AoS) against Kharadron OL and Tzeentch Slaves to Darkness. 

Can confirm as Slaves player (no I don't hate myself) fiends basically took my entire army -2 to hit -1 to wound has to be the most horrific thing I've ever played against 🤢 😆

• Like 1

So I pre-ordered W&R and found someone willing to split a second box for more Fiends. I'm going to work on my Exalted Keeper and try out a 2k Exalted, double enrapturess, 6 fiend list. I might try out the battalion but while I want the fiends to benefit from the battalion, it'll be hard to keep the harpist up to speed when the fiends are zooming 12" a turn, though I'll expect 6 fiends to do plenty of work on their own when they are basically a small group of ironjawz brutes. 

1 minute ago, carnith said:

So I pre-ordered W&R and found someone willing to split a second box for more Fiends. I'm going to work on my Exalted Keeper and try out a 2k Exalted, double enrapturess, 6 fiend list. I might try out the battalion but while I want the fiends to benefit from the battalion, it'll be hard to keep the harpist up to speed when the fiends are zooming 12" a turn, though I'll expect 6 fiends to do plenty of work on their own when they are basically a small group of ironjawz brutes. 

Even if the harp cant keep up exalted immediate second pile in is still 2 sting and 8 claw attacks per keeper. Send them at the right unit and they will have an unpleasant time.

3 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Even if the harp cant keep up exalted immediate second pile in is still 2 sting and 8 claw attacks per keeper. Send them at the right unit and they will have an unpleasant time.

Good point, the exalted and 6 fiends should give everything a hard time, espeically with a squad of hellstriders bringing up the rear to hand out sweet -1 to hit, those boys are staying in there nice and long. 

I think it's too early to determine that. We definitely did get boosted, but fiends are country productive to what we want in a way. We need heroes who can kill monsters, as we need the depravity to summon, but with fiends being hero and monster slayers, we don't gain the depravity from them going on a murdering spree.

Also, is this a correcting reading of the new daemonettes extra hits ability, and mind you I'm looking at this from a compeltely RAW way, but not sure it's RAI. So we know a 6 to hit always hits, and for daemonettes thats 2 additional hits. With 20+ daemonettes, a 5 to hit will also confer this. What if we face, say nurgle, or a mirror match and deal with some hefty debuffs to our nettes in say the form of -2 to hit. Now our daemonettes hit on 6's, but would a 5 then also be considered a hit since a 5 gives 2 hits? Rules are written tells me yes, but I don't think it's intended that way.

5 minutes ago, carnith said:

I think it's too early to determine that. We definitely did get boosted, but fiends are country productive to what we want in a way. We need heroes who can kill monsters, as we need the depravity to summon, but with fiends being hero and monster slayers, we don't gain the depravity from them going on a murdering spree.

Also, is this a correcting reading of the new daemonettes extra hits ability, and mind you I'm looking at this from a compeltely RAW way, but not sure it's RAI. So we know a 6 to hit always hits, and for daemonettes thats 2 additional hits. With 20+ daemonettes, a 5 to hit will also confer this. What if we face, say nurgle, or a mirror match and deal with some hefty debuffs to our nettes in say the form of -2 to hit. Now our daemonettes hit on 6's, but would a 5 then also be considered a hit since a 5 gives 2 hits? Rules are written tells me yes, but I don't think it's intended that way.

Both are unmodified so a 5 and a 6 will always generate an additional hit 

So i'm thinking either trying out Enoby's list or instead of harp and keeper, just using the Exalted Keeper with 6 fiends and 2 hellstriders for 1k. It basically covers my entire army in -1 to hit, makes the fiends super annoying to kill, and if I run seekers, gets me up the board with +2 move across the whole army.

6 minutes ago, carnith said:

So i'm thinking either trying out Enoby's list or instead of harp and keeper, just using the Exalted Keeper with 6 fiends and 2 hellstriders for 1k. It basically covers my entire army in -1 to hit, makes the fiends super annoying to kill, and if I run seekers, gets me up the board with +2 move across the whole army.

I'll be testing out a similar list at 2k points soon - I'll report back :) 

3 hours ago, carnith said:

Depravity points from heroes is nice but summoning in a hero or monster hunter who has some built in debuffs is nice to even if the depravity is not there. Having more summon options to choose depending on the scenario is good. We still have to play objectives. When the book comes we will have ways to generate depravity in additional way the infernal enrapturess is just the beginning. Looking at other chaos books there is a good chance battallions, command traits, artifacts, spells, and prayes will have additional ways to get depravity maybe even in all of them. The main problem is in order to win and apply preasure that summoning can be critical because of a lack of tools to do much of anything else. This will change when the book comes there will be other ways to play summoning will just be 1 way to prioritize army structure. 

Edited by Poryague

25 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Depravity points from heroes is nice but summoning in a hero or monster hunter who has some built in debuffs is nice to even if the depravity is not there. Having more summon options to choose depending on the scenario is good. We still have to play objectives. When the book comes we will have ways to generate depravity in additional way the infernal enrapturess is just the beginning. Looking at other chaos books there is a good chance battallions, command traits, artifacts, spells, and prayes will have additional ways to get depravity maybe even in all of them. The main problem is in order to win and apply preasure that summoning can be critical because of a lack of tools to do much of anything else. This will change when the book comes there will be other ways to play summoning will just be 1 way to prioritize army structure. 

I've always gone down the way of creating the list that you think plays scenarios best and then the depravity is an extra. I wouldn't build lists around it as you lose so much in other areas.

• Like 1

Had a game at 2k points, using a KoS, a Lord of Change, IE, Masque, 30 daemonettes, 10 hellstriders (2 units of 5), 5 seekers, cogs, and the new battalion. I was against Tzeentch Slaves to Darkness. The reroll casting, strong unbind, and -1 to cast ensured that only 2 of 15 spells attempted actually succeeded. Fiends and daemonettes were as strong as expected, and hellstriders ensured the survival of my main units. I think the exalted keeper would be better than the cogs and the LoC. Had 18 DP by turn 3, and would have summoned 3 more fiends.

So hellstriders don't stack. I'm cool with that; you can still get up to -3 to hit on your heroes and up to -2 on several units anyway, so all it means to armies that want to hit that button is that they just need to diversify a little.

I can see the weird exalted/keeper interaction getting resolved too, as I really doubt that was intended... But that's on forgeworld.

It doesn't change how I play, as I was only running one unit of hellstriders to protect a key unit, and will probably never ever buy an exalted keeper. Too poor for that. 😑

14 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

So hellstriders don't stack. I'm cool with that; you can still get up to -3 to hit on your heroes and up to -2 on several units anyway, so all it means to armies that want to hit that button is that they just need to diversify a little.

I can see the weird exalted/keeper interaction getting resolved too, as I really doubt that was intended... But that's on forgeworld.

It doesn't change how I play, as I was only running one unit of hellstriders to protect a key unit, and will probably never ever buy an exalted keeper. Too poor for that. 😑

Where did you see that they cannot stack? Has the warscroll changed?

As we wait for new models and the new points cost to come out just thought I would update on the last year I've been playing them. 

Managed to come 21st in the UK rankings and still hopefully for one more drop out for the masters. Also something which I haven't highlighted as much I have managed to qualify for the painting masters which is a target I never thought would happen. So on that note here's a couple of pictures from events as I've haven't put them on here at all. 

20181106_215854.jpg

20180805_122628.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Tzeentchmike said:

As we wait for new models and the new points cost to come out just thought I would update on the last year I've been playing them. 

Managed to come 21st in the UK rankings and still hopefully for one more drop out for the masters. Also something which I haven't highlighted as much I have managed to qualify for the painting masters which is a target I never thought would happen. So on that note here's a couple of pictures from events as I've haven't put them on here at all. 

20181106_215854.jpg

20180805_122628.jpg

Really great looking army! Nice work

I'm starting, slowly, a new army of Slaanesh. Is it mandatory to have/play a KoS/Exalted? I mean, I dislike resin and/or metal, I only like plastic, so... I dislike to have/play any of them.

If it's really mandatory, I guess I will have to wait until new models with a shiny new battletome will be released...

1 hour ago, Luzgurbel said:

I'm starting, slowly, a new army of Slaanesh. Is it mandatory to have/play a KoS/Exalted? I mean, I dislike resin and/or metal, I only like plastic, so... I dislike to have/play any of them.

If it's really mandatory, I guess I will have to wait until new models with a shiny new battletome will be released...

It’s not mandatory by any stretch, there are many ways to play now with the new war scrolls. What you lose is the command abilities for attacking twice which is a significant loss. You can compensate for this with more bodies and shooting perhaps.

You could try this if you don’t mind a lack of variation:

seekers host

enrapturess x 4 = 480

herald on steed x 2 = 120

6 x fiends = 360

6 x fiends = 360

6 x fiends = 360

5 x hell striders = 100

5 x hell striders = 100

5 x hell striders = 100

This list doesn’t do magic offence but has great magic defence. It is wicked fast with turn 1 charges easy on many scenarios with your fiends averaging a 23” charge.

shooting is not too shabby with the enrapturesses and they will help generate depravity both through attacks and passive abilities.

the heralds keep up with the fiends to activate their locus and make them more dangerous plus generate depravity.

the fiends are super resilient in melee, very nasty with -2 to hit and -1 to wound next to their hell strider buddies.

i think many would struggle against such a list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luzgurbel said:

I'd say wait a month to see if the new keeper is to taste or order one of the various count-as models from creature castor. ...Though the list rock lobster threw up looks pretty brutal as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

I'd say wait a month to see if the new keeper is to taste or order one of the various count-as models from creature castor. ...Though the list rock lobster threw up looks pretty brutal as well.

If you are looking for an alternative I used the raging heroes avatar of shah for mine. Gigantic and very slaaneshi:

IMG_4598.JPG.b2d84a74042507306f687bb7e287af5c.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG.8d345870c4b4a49aa2efe3242f851dd3.JPGIMG_4597.JPG.15571aef55321f3d88f992ca84544462.JPG