Interesting colour schemes for Chaos Daemons

So having last played during 6th edition back in my teens I'm taking the plunge and returning to Warhammer. As I'm just taking baby steps back in I've decided to start collecting the one army I always wanted all those years ago; Chaos Daemons. Thing is, the standard look for each God (red for Khrone, pale skin for slaanesh) seems a little dull and I'm stumped on alternate colour schemes for each of the God's footsoldiers. I've seen a few people going down the deep purple route on the Slaanesh threads which looked striking and was hoping to see a bit more of the same here.

TL;DR Has anybody got any cool pictures of chaos daemons they want to share?

for Nurgle you will easely find lot's of dark yellow, bluish white etc...

Tzeench, green could be the color the least explored...

For Khorne  green is not so uncommon  (it contrast nicely with red), like Angies's army here

my son asked me to paint his Bloodthirster black and white/beige (which is probably the safest alternate colors for khorne, black = baddies, beige on armors and weapons for the skull god allow nice blood splatter...). 

More rare and interesting, light purple and teal like this pretty hound from I believe "Ivan Merino Martin "

Dd1iQULU8AEv2hn.jpg

Thanks for the detailed response. I can't believe how well purple works on Khrone, I always assumed those colours just belonged to Slaanesh.

Great job on the bloodthirster as well, the basing really makes it feel cinematic and works brilliantly with the dynamic pose.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Orsino said:

I've long thought of painting a Tzeentch army black to pick up on the crow/raven theme.

I've been thinking of that or a predominantly white one for doves/swans. Lots of yellows on the horrors for a sort of sickly but radiant feel.

Of course that would clash somewhat with presence of any Daemonettes and/or bloodletters which seem a bit more suited to a Judeo-Christian Hell colour scheme...

Archived