Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CountryMou3e said:

Stardrake with an aetherstrike battalion would be pretty scary. Glass canon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Russ Veal from Facehammer is currently running that list. So it must be good. 

11 hours ago, Requizen said:

Is that the one @Double Misfire posted two pages back?

From memory he's running it with a bigger emphasis on hurricanes as opposed to longstrikes.

There also a stardrake in there with staunch defender and all the other jazz making it a 1 or a 2+ rerollable. 

He goes into pretty good depth about the list on their last episode so it's worth a listen. 

14 hours ago, Requizen said:

Is that the one @Double Misfire posted two pages back?

On 11/04/2017 at 1:13 PM, Turragor said:

I was going to use the one Russ Veal from Facehammer tested out (and won with) at a 1 day tourney a month or so back (got it from their podcast).

LCoSD

Castellant

Relictor

Azyros

Venator

Judicatorsx2

Liberators

Aetherwingsx2

Raptors with hurricane crossbows

Raptors with Longstrike crossbows

Leaving 60 points after the formation which I was probably going to use on a gryph hound.

It was this list iirc and I am not sure if it was used for more than one event. The Stardrake and aetherstrike seem popular though (even separately).

Nah Mike posted My list from heat 2.
Russ used a variation of the same at tomorrow burns. He used the aetherstirke/star drake combo at the Cheltenham Warchiefs one dayer.

Cheltenham warchiefs still a thing ? I don't live far from there and have only been able to find an out of date Facebook page [emoji16]

4 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Cheltenham warchiefs still a thing ? I don't live far from there and have only been able to find an out of date Facebook page emoji16.png

It is mate, everymonday at the hatherly cricket club. 

Swing by we are friendly bunch. 

8 minutes ago, Turragor said:

It was this list iirc and I am not sure if it was used for more than one event. The Stardrake and aetherstrike seem popular though (even separately).

He only used that list once due to the non painting requirements with tournament pack. :)

6 hours ago, Lez said:

Nah Mike posted My list from heat 2.

Russ used a variation of the same at tomorrow burns. He used the aetherstirke/star drake combo at the Cheltenham Warchiefs one dayer.

Ah wonderful, while you're here I want to pick your brain about the Stardrake since you're using it and it seems to be getting more popular.

It seems that most people go for Staunch Defender on him - for good reason, baseline 2+/RR1s is good. However, what do you do against MWs? I was personally thinking that Shielded By Faith might be the better Command Trait - while they're not topping tournaments, 2-3 Thundertusk Destruction lists, tunneling Skryre, Magma/Flame Cannons, and mass Skyfires are all things that can just roll up and MW that 500/600 point model off the table in a single round. Or do you use Scions to deploy him if you're going against something that can ignore his save?

That's really the only thing that's been keeping me from just buying a Stardrake outright, the threat of losing it near-instantly just because I pulled a bad matchup.

I was personally thinking that Shielded By Faith might be the better Command Trait - while they're not topping tournaments, 2-3 Thundertusk Destruction lists, tunneling Skryre, Magma/Flame Cannons, and mass Skyfires are all things that can just roll up and MW that 500/600 point model off the table in a single round. Or do you use Scions to deploy him if you're going against something that can ignore his save?

Mirrorshield hard counters Skyfires into the ground (which is a good thing). Feathertoe Torc is also quite amusing against them and other DoT armies). 

Otherwise, if you still think it's better to buff one weapon of the rider rather than keep it alive, you can rely on nearby Lantern buddies with the ability that forces rerolls of the natural sixes (despite the fact that it says six or more, there's seemingly no getting around the core rule of rerolls before modifiers). This kicks in immediately from the start of the game as a happy aura, which is less risky than going for the Divine Light Prayer which has a similar effect.

I cannot imagine you'll see many Magma or Flame Cannons, although a Hellcannon or two might make an unwelcome appearance. Against Skryre you would probably keep him upstairs.

@Requizen

I think the SD worked well for me because it doesn't just effect the drake, I used it to combo with fulminators.

which gives the fulminators a 1+ against shooting re rolling 1's and negates the first rend of a shot.

yes it will die to mass MW output, but most big monsters in the game also die to that. In fact anything does! :)

I've been playing around these types of armies for a while now and have learnt how to minimise what they can do against me. Just by checking ranges constantly and getting lucky when I need it.

I also found that the SD coupled with the castellant buff allows you to heal wounds back really quickly if you are fighting grunts.

adding 2 to your armour save is great!

and like @Nicohas said the mirror shield is a hard counter to most gunline lists when combo'd with the high armour save most things can't shift the drake.

unfortunatley if you play Skyre or multiple stormfiends/WLC you either play the drake deep and trust in rain of stars or accept it's gonna die and play the mission. ? 

I'm looking to replace my Free Guild Demigryphs (200pt) for 6 Prosecutors with Hammers (200pt). Smart move or regretful decision? 

The Demigryphs/Prosecutors will support a Carmine Dragon on the flank in an old school Hammer & Anvil strategy. 

Prosecutors will keep up with my Dragon better than the Demigryphs, will deal out missle fire, and greater charge range... but I'm sacrificing 2 wounds, sweet charging bonus in combat and will have to paint new models for my tournament in a fortnight. 

Would love your take on this.

On 13/04/2017 at 4:48 PM, Nico said:

Mirrorshield hard counters Skyfires into the ground (which is a good thing). Feathertoe Torc is also quite amusing against them and other DoT armies). 

Otherwise, if you still think it's better to buff one weapon of the rider rather than keep it alive, you can rely on nearby Lantern buddies with the ability that forces rerolls of the natural sixes (despite the fact that it says six or more, there's seemingly no getting around the core rule of rerolls before modifiers). This kicks in immediately from the start of the game as a happy aura, which is less risky than going for the Divine Light Prayer which has a similar effect.

I cannot imagine you'll see many Magma or Flame Cannons, although a Hellcannon or two might make an unwelcome appearance. Against Skryre you would probably keep him upstairs.

the reroll before modifier is mostly here for giving people with a 1+ save or hit/wound to have a chance to use the reroll of 1 and making it relevant (and useful because rule of 1). Nearly every hability forcing the opponent to reroll his dice are written "6 or more" which obviously mean they take place after the modifier. 

I'm afraid that they don't - we went through this debate at length and ultimately that's a big rewrite of the core rules which cannot be justified. GW may want to amend the rule in the next FAQ, but for now we're stuck with rerolls before modifiers everywhere.

6 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Hero phase cast now right ? Abjuration ?

Used to be the lord veritant can unbind spells. Now it specifically states can unbind ONE spell.

Archived