Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, silentdeathz said:

Anyone know whats up with the knight questor not being up for sale/listed on the website any more?

They removed him due to embarrassment?

On a serious note - I'm not sure why he's been removed, but he's available for (surely) cheaper on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Bits-Warhammer-Quest-Silver-Tower-Knight-Questor-W-Character-Card/312131327711?hash=item48ac7a16df:g:CZkAAOSwZota~YAH:sc:USPSFirstClass!67203!US!-1

Or as part of the Hammerstrike Brethren.

3 hours ago, silentdeathz said:

Anyone know whats up with the knight questor not being up for sale/listed on the website any more?

This.

I was looking for him on the website but he seems to be gone, what could that mean? We'll be able to field him in AoS2?

I would have liked to play him as he have a bodyguard-like ability that in an hero-eavy list could do wonders.

At least he's easy to kit-bash...

13882128_1268879813131496_6771653514859118886_n.jpg

Cp1PaGOWEAAgeK9.jpg

49 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

They removed him due to embarrassment?

On a serious note - I'm not sure why he's been removed, but he's available for (surely) cheaper on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Bits-Warhammer-Quest-Silver-Tower-Knight-Questor-W-Character-Card/312131327711?hash=item48ac7a16df:g:CZkAAOSwZota~YAH:sc:USPSFirstClass!67203!US!-1

Or as part of the Hammerstrike Brethren.

Unfortunately not US - that's a good price. UK ebay price isnt so hot.

It's a little odd considering the golden demon 'eavy metal category was the knight questor. 

5 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

This.

I was looking for him on the website but he seems to be gone, what could that mean? We'll be able to field him in AoS2?

I would have liked to play him as he have a bodyguard-like ability that in an hero-eavy list could do wonders.

At least he's easy to kit-bash...

Knight Questor and Errant Questor are two different models with different warscrolls... so I'm not sure which one you're actually looking for. KQ is honestly a bad joke, the EQ as an event exclusive - I've never seen one hit the tabletop. It was 140 points back in 2016 though, not sure if it's stall valid or if it was ever updated. 

4 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

Knight Questor and Errant Questor are two different models with different warscrolls... so I'm not sure which one you're actually looking for. KQ is honestly a bad joke, the EQ as an event exclusive - I've never seen one hit the tabletop. It was 140 points back in 2016 though, not sure if it's stall valid or if it was ever updated. 

Silly me, I've misread the previous post as it said "Errant Questor" instead of "Knight Questor".

But, yes the Knight Questor is/was really bad, at 100 points I would rather have a Lord-Celestant.

The Errant Questor is playable right in matched play? And where it can be obtained?

6 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

KQ is honestly a bad joke

1 hour ago, Bradipo322 said:

But, yes the Knight Questor is/was really bad, at 100 points I would rather have a Lord-Celestant.

The hero is tough as nails with the 3 up rerolling all fails and looks awesome. It just doesn't fit in the meta so much. It was just a port from a different box set.

That doesn't fall into the bad joke or really bad category imo. There are other units that do so - none for Stormcst really (I'm sure some might debate this).

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

The hero is tough as nails with the 3 up rerolling all fails and looks awesome. It just doesn't fit in the meta so much.

With the Lord Relictor, Lord Celestant, and Castellant existing, it wouldn't fit into any meta, ever. It doesn't bring anything to the table besides being slightly harder to kill, and it lacks everything you take the aforementioned models for. To me, that puts it squarely in the "really bad" category. 

Maybe the argument could be made for Skirmish?

10 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

With the Lord Relictor, Lord Celestant, and Castellant existing, it wouldn't fit into any meta, ever. It doesn't bring anything to the table besides being slightly harder to kill, and it lacks everything you take the aforementioned models for. To me, that puts it squarely in the "really bad" category. 

Maybe the argument could be made for Skirmish?

I don't rate the celestant as I never use him as a general. However the new edition could make him very interesting indeed. 

I think if the questor gets no command ability he'll miss out in this meta as well. 

Or I mean hero hunting (killing them in melee) could become a thing 

48 minutes ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

They should really sell the Lord-Relictor as a sperate model and not part of the starter set. 

Except I am pretty sure prayers are getting an adjustment next edition. Rule of 1 covering their casting, no more 'allied units' and just SCE units. That kind of thing.

That or a price increase for the relictor. Probably the best hero in the game end of GHB17 'season'.

20 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Except I am pretty sure prayers are getting an adjustment next edition. Rule of 1 covering their casting, no more 'allied units' and just SCE units. That kind of thing.

That or a price increase for the relictor. Probably the best hero in the game end of GHB17 'season'.

Please no increase in points. Last time we witnessed as many increases as decreases, compared to accross the board point drops for other armies.

Rule of 1 and forcing us to choose different prayers for our Relictors (or using only one, as I do) would be far better. The problem is not with a single Relictor, but with several. Thus, having to pay more for a single one seems unfair.

21 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Please no increase in points. Last time we witnessed as many increases as decreases, compared to accross the board point drops for other armies.

Rule of 1 and forcing us to choose different prayers for our Relictors (or using only one, as I do) would be far better. The problem is not with a single Relictor, but with several. Thus, having to pay more for a single one seems unfair.

I'd tend to agree - it'd let you still field 2 and actually use other prayers for fun (as you're forced)

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Probably the best hero in the game end of GHB17 'season'.

Hag Queen has a word or two to say about that.  

4 hours ago, Turragor said:

I don't rate the celestant as I never use him as a general. However the new edition could make him very interesting indeed. 

His hammer cloak may be my favorite ability in the game from a flavor perspective.  I love rolling that die and imagining hammers getting flung off like mortars, smashing into unsuspecting enemies.  It's also quite strong.  1.75 MWs per turn at a 16" range that you can use even if you ran and without having to make a casting roll is nothing to scoff at for 100 points.  I've speculated about a list that uses 3 of them, a star Drake (plus castellant) and a celestant prime to rain mortals.  It would probably be bad (1300 points of heroes lol) but who cares? 

1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

Even if you don't play any other vanguard, Neave Blacktalon is a better hero hunter than the Knight Questor

I had Neave go bonkers and kill a pheonix in one round before (in her battalion, with her shooting attack, the pheonix had already had a couple of wounds stripped)

She's my favorite thing ever. She's so unassuming until she hits combat that people ignore her a lot of the time but then all of a sudden it's like 'hey, where'd my bloodthirster go?'

3 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Agreed! I've been using two relictors since preGHB because the model is great and just a lot of fun to use.

50 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

LCoD and Vandus could become compelling choices for their command abilities under the new rules. 

Vandus is still a bit hamstrung by his mediocre defenses, but yeah, him combined with the Lord Celestant would  be brutal. 

The question would be what delivery system and what to deliver. Fulminators are the obvious answer but that's only an extra 2-6 attacks. Retributors would get more out of the buffs but would be super awkward to try to use and palladors just don't have the punch.

38 minutes ago, Burf said:

Vandus is still a bit hamstrung by his mediocre defenses, but yeah, him combined with the Lord Celestant would  be brutal. 

The question would be what delivery system and what to deliver. Fulminators are the obvious answer but that's only an extra 2-6 attacks. Retributors would get more out of the buffs but would be super awkward to try to use and palladors just don't have the punch.

Yeah, Let's just hope the new tome and handbook give us something to work with.  I used to love playing hammer strike before it went up 120 points. 

If you think about the change, it's mostly useful for (until they fix battalion point cost I will leave them out):

-pick a general for the battleline-ifs (currently Lord Aquilor) and another character you want for his command ability.

-take one character whose command ability is only useful in early-late game and use another the rest of the turns. Even if we don't have that many interesting command abilities, two of the new generic ones sound all-around useful and every character has them.

-pick characters who don't need their command abilities first turn and save a point to have two characters use their ability at once later. That's my least favourite, because for me it's rare to not use CAs first turn (Lord Aquilor). But I can see it working with a Lord Celestant.

-have you general killed and yet be able to use command abilities with another character. That will happen quite a lot (my suicide Lady Aquilor agrees :D

Sounds far from ground-breaking, but it's still some additional options for games.

New command abilities in the Sacrosanct release or any kind of extra CP mechanism could only make this a little better.

Wanting to jump back in to sigmar. I’m gonna play stormcast because they seem to have a bunch of different ways to play so I can figure out what i enjoy most, however im

on the fence as to if it’s pointless buying anything with a new starter on the horizon.  Would thunder and blood + a lord Aquilor be a safe bet?

Asking for a friend who bought fulminators, are there any info or how they are going to work in 2.0? they breath attack range seems rather small, and if they can't use it in melee range, the usefulness of the unit drops a lot.

13 minutes ago, Karol said:

Asking for a friend who bought fulminators, are there any info or how they are going to work in 2.0? they breath attack range seems rather small, and if they can't use it in melee range, the usefulness of the unit drops a lot.

Just one example of why it would be absurd to fundamentally change how shooting works, as opposed to just the way one chooses targets. I really hope it remains in the proper shooting phase, with as few restrictions as possible. I've seen a lot of speculation being thrown around about how badly it will be neutered, but if it is I don't believe the game will be properly balanced around it on the first go - and I'm not crazy about waiting months/years for it to get there again (after being in a pretty good place right now). 

19 hours ago, DanielFM said:

If you think about the change, it's mostly useful for (until they fix battalion point cost I will leave them out):

-pick a general for the battleline-ifs (currently Lord Aquilor) and another character you want for his command ability.

-take one character whose command ability is only useful in early-late game and use another the rest of the turns. Even if we don't have that many interesting command abilities, two of the new generic ones sound all-around useful and every character has them.

-pick characters who don't need their command abilities first turn and save a point to have two characters use their ability at once later. That's my least favourite, because for me it's rare to not use CAs first turn (Lord Aquilor). But I can see it working with a Lord Celestant.

-have you general killed and yet be able to use command abilities with another character. That will happen quite a lot (my suicide Lady Aquilor agrees :D

Sounds far from ground-breaking, but it's still some additional options for games.

New command abilities in the Sacrosanct release or any kind of extra CP mechanism could only make this a little better.

You're missing 'hoard CP to stack multiple command abilities on top of each other', which is always going to be the most mathematically powerful way to use the new system but suffers from giving your opponent 2 turn to play around it and requiring specific units in specific combinations.

That said, a properly executed 2-3 double turn with this strategy (assuming your opponent doesn't counter you) will be game endingly powerful. Just think about buffing anything with Vandus+Celestant+Celestant.

Archived