Has Anyone Completed The Hammerhal Campaign?

Mr. White

I completed it with my son and nephew, they enjoyed it.

It is great fun although it could do with a synopsis of the background story to tell the players before the first dungeon. 

The gm can bring it alive more if they e.g. Voice characters, have the players overhear things etc

It was good

I have played but we failed at the last fight of the second last mission. We did't manage to stop hammerhall from crashing in to lava. Perhaps next time we will have enaught punch to clear the fight in time.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:57 PM, SirPug said:

I have played but we failed at the last fight of the second last mission. We did't manage to stop hammerhall from crashing in to lava. Perhaps next time we will have enaught punch to clear the fight in time.

'Next time'

Does your group plan to replay the entire campaign or just the scenario they lost?

I have Silver Tower, but my hesitation with Hammerhal is that once its been played, it's done. I don't think it has a scenario/adventure generator like AHQ did.

I've finished both Silver Tower and Hammerhal, and overall Hammerhal was a better experience in my opinion. Mostly because it wasn't randomly generated.  It suffered slightly from some rooms being a bit too empty and the overall difficulty being quite low. I would recommend that as a GM one takes some liberty too spice things up a bit.

When it comes to replayability I don't think its any different from SIlver Tower, the story is the same every time, you just have to wait a few years before replaying it with the same people. My group recently finished the white dwarf Hammerhal quests and are now going to replay Silver Tower which we finished quite some time ago.

8 minutes ago, Echunia said:

I've finished both Silver Tower and Hammerhal, and overall Hammerhal was a better experience in my opinion. Mostly because it wasn't randomly generated.  It suffered slightly from some rooms being a bit too empty and the overall difficulty being quite low. I would recommend that as a GM one takes some liberty too spice things up a bit.

I hadn't a chance to play Warhammer Quest, yet, but in case of Hammerhal like games with a DM I would say, the DM could make his own Story with own Scenarios. This way the game stays fresh.

Yes definitely, I've considered doing this for my group but it does represent significant time investment to design dungeon layout and write a story. Would be curious to know if other people have done so and were willing to share their custom campaigns.

15 hours ago, Mr. White said:

'Next time'

Does your group plan to replay the entire campaign or just the scenario they lost?

I have Silver Tower, but my hesitation with Hammerhal is that once its been played, it's done. I don't think it has a scenario/adventure generator like AHQ did.

I think hammerhall has 2 branching paths. Next time we will try te other path with all 4 Kharadron overlord heroes.

• 2 weeks later...

I run WH Q with my wife and two young kids (7 and 9 years old) we've been doing silver tower but we haven't done hammerhal.

Do you think I could be the DM while playing alongside the rest of the family?   I've done that in D and D a long time ago to make small parties work.  

Archived