Khorne Bloodbound

pez5767

It looks like I'll be spending most of my time playing as Chaos in our local Season of War Campaign, as the majority of our players are Order or Death.  Luckily, I've already painted up 2 of the starter boxes of BloodBound, So I have a reasonable sized force to build from.  I'd love to add some Wrathmongers and a War Alter to the collection soon!  

02181622052_zpsvbcwmhgy.jpg

02181622082_zpshis6edlk.jpg

IMAG1339-1-1_zps6j6rzrbh.jpg

Thank you for looking! Feedback and comments are always appreciated. :) 

Here are the Warscrolls from the 2nd Starter box. As you can see, I made a few minor conversions to these groups.  

0715161511a_HDR-1_zpsiifh5fgf.jpg

This was the most significant conversion. I don't know if it's any better than the original. It was surprisingly easy to tuck in the bone spines on the wrist and shoulder, now I'd like to do one with all 4 extended.

0715161513a_HDR-1_zpso0zno98g.jpg

I removed the shoulder blades and swapped a couple heads here, so these 5 would be distinct from the first 5, but still be able to blend in if I wanted to do a 10 man unit... which worked great in my first game using the Season of War campaign which requires 3 units of at least 10 models.

0715161517_HDR-1_zpseqew01zh.jpg

Just a weapon swap for the leader and a banner change. Again, I wanted these guys to be usable with the first batch of 20, but distinct enough to stand alone if I wanted 2 groups of 20.  So far, it seems 20 is a good number of models for these guys.

21 hours ago, Ansuz said:

Your Khorgorath conversion looks great, much better than the original to me. The small skull of the original model makes it a bit ridiculous, but yours looks brutal!!!

Thank you! It's a relatively simple conversion with just a little carving to get things to fit smoothly, but not green stuff.  I'm anxious to do a 3rd one.

On 7/19/2016 at 8:04 AM, Rusty said:

Great work. Are those resin bases you've mounted everything on, or custom made bases? I love them

They are custom, but really easy to do.  I put up a video for my Stormcast army showing how I paint those, but the build (first 30 seconds of the video) talks about how I did it.  Here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been a while since I've posted, but I was able to spend a little time this weekend finishing up the heroes from the Gorechosen box.  I'm looking forward to giving the game a try and getting in some games of AoS in the near future.

Feedback is always most welcome! :) 

1113161350_HDR-1_zpsuli2tbd6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 6:51 AM, Prandtl said:

I'm so stealing that khorgorath conversion idea! Hope you don't mind.

Envoyé de mon SM-T350 en utilisant Tapatalk

That's the point of sharing, but which Khorgorath conversion do you mean? There are 2.

Archived