The Suneater Tribes Ogors and Aeloran Nomad Aelves now revisited for the Living City (19/09/19)

Melcavuk

5 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

WIP on number two Bal Kasta, both need detailing fleshed out but the core concept seems to be coming together. As part of the fluff evolution in their desperation to find the attention of the Suneater these Akursed Bal Kasta have been subjected to the most extreme of Gothi engineering, their unfavoured forms however prove poor vessels for the sheer power of their god being forced through them from Gothi incantations. The weakest of Bal Kasta burn alive, their god devouring their souls first and their bodies withering away after, but a rare few can endure the constant agonising torment, learning to crave its agony as a mark of recognition from a god that cannot stand their presence much less their prayers.

Balkastawip2.jpg

Exalted Volsungr makes even the Bal Kasta look tiny

IMG_3727.JPG.38c7886290ba2b5a96415118d7507e79.JPG

No words can describe the awesomeness that is this picture. Also what paints do you use for th glowing orange?

Cheers, the orange goes:

Mephiston Red (air)
Troll Slayer Orange (air)
Yriel Yellow (air)
White scar (air)

Each getting progressively smaller in glow size as you get closer to heat source

Then red glaze the outer edges of the flame glow
Yellow glaze nearer to the fire source
Reikland Fleshshade gloss on the metallics adjacent to the heat source for the deeper red glow look

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Cheers, the orange goes:

Mephiston Red (air)
Troll Slayer Orange (air)
Yriel Yellow (air)
White scar (air)

Each getting progressively smaller in glow size as you get closer to heat source

Then red glaze the outer edges of the flame glow
Yellow glaze nearer to the fire source
Reikland Fleshshade gloss on the metallics adjacent to the heat source for the deeper red glow look

Thanks, as I don’t have an airbrush yet I’ll use the regular paints.

The new (and more cost effective) Gullveig for the army (couldnt quite stomach the £60 for three of the prior conversions. Its harder for me to get real motivation up for the models as these are fairly stock but I'm happy to call these tabletop standard.

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3730.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

The new (and more cost effective) Gullveig for the army (couldnt quite stomach the £60 for three of the prior conversions. Its harder for me to get real motivation up for the models as these are fairly stock but I'm happy to call these tabletop standard.

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3730.JPG

This made my day!

As part of our shared hobby whenever I convert/write/rules out a unique custom unit for my growing Suneater tribes I also help my partner make one for her Nature Aelves to produce two unique but polar opposite forces on the battlefield.

So here is the first stage of the concept for Centaurid Hunters for my partners Aeloran Nomad army (Wanderers for the AoS). Pretty happy with how the model has come together and the motion of the sculpt, but any feedback or critique is as always welcome.

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Thundercake said:

I think the centaur is great. Top body from a Deepkin?

Tzaangor Skyfire, deepkin and melusari both came up a tad too thin in the hips compared to any of the mounts, the tzaangors have a bit more muscle which helps the blend. The head is Elf bloodbowl team as its slightly larger than normal aelves.

Frustrating models to photograph but the best I could do, 3 Centaurid Hunters and an Aeloran Noble on Wyldrunner

IMG_3758.JPG.96fb0f5bece5af1de7585535ff3d7eb9.JPGIMG_3760.JPG.036ea2b4d21458f291c2038eb9a2ec57.JPGIMG_3755.JPG.bcd28a96511c625431b77172ac774e71.JPGIMG_3753.JPG.a75875e1749155ea7e30b4eaa8658b49.JPG

Edited by Melcavuk
  • Like 6

Test scheme for the first of my Gladeshards, the aim here is to get a scheme my partner can easily replicate without feeling overly pressured due to less experience in basing. Whilst it isnt to my usual level of heavy detailing I've limited it to basic techniques executed to provide a nice colour contrast, something that will provide good looking table top standard army.

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Test scheme for the first of my Gladeshards, the aim here is to get a scheme my partner can easily replicate without feeling overly pressured due to less experience in basing. Whilst it isnt to my usual level of heavy detailing I've limited it to basic techniques executed to provide a nice colour contrast, something that will provide good looking table top standard army.

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

Simply Brilliant! Though I’m currently in the Death/Destruction side of things, I love the look of theses aelves!

Anyone who has seen my conversions (if you havent then treat yourself and look) will know I'm really passionate about my hobby, but whats more impressive is the support from my partner in joining my in pursueing my hobby (if you want to know how supportive just tally up the rough cost of all my conversion bits :P). In joining my in gaming with my custom Suneaters my partner asked that I work on putting together a custom battletome for her own nature Aelves so together we've been working on the background whilst I cobble together conversions on the condition that when I build them she paints them. As someone to whom painting doesnt come naturally the commitment she shows seeing it through is really impressive, so here's the first painting units dubbed the Aeloran Gladeshards (central model painted by myself, the rest my partner copying the scheme).

Along with a handful of other conversions we are working on for her unique faction
IMG_3773.JPG.95561c1bfe8fe01750b757517e3b3569.JPG
IMG_3766.JPG.44d2fc42bd0fcf137128d2c7933fc97e.JPG
003.JPG.c6ac6ee24f20c6eb9b1f2296f905cc15.JPG
001.JPG.7242011addc6a4be0e586901862d175c.JPG
IMG_3770.JPG.614796f914fa7f00e966330b9597217b.JPG
IMG_3771.JPG.e8908d3f5d207ac52ca7abdc9ace6d41.JPG

And whilst I wait for the Dracoline mounts to release for my Aldin Draken Models they are temporarily pinned on Mournfangs so I can get some test games in:
IMG_3768.JPG.9f5920755c4a788f59c37e9d5718daf9.JPGIMG_3769.JPG.f760b34a281899c5c36affc5bf102dfc.JPG

• Like 9

Cheers, its a good hobby for us to do together as we have very different tastes, my Brutish and destrutive Ogors against the Nimble Aelves (with a truly abusive number of bows).

Next conversion up is a tame one for me, Huskard on Thundertusk for a batallion to join my Suneaters. Minor conversion for me but all pomp and grandeur stripped off of the model but he's gained a hunting horn and a weapon with long enough reach instead of his embarassing arms reach. He's carrying supplies from a long hunt to join the Suneaters migration, and has the compulsary grot companion that fleshes out the major parts of my Suneaters.

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

• Like 3

Cheers and yes I believe it’s the original base, the horn overhang matches the photo on the gw site. I don’t tend to keep my bases organised but it matches the base for the stonehorn I made today out of my various excess sprues (2 behemoths out of my bits box isn’t bad for a weekend work)