Raw magic unleashed.

My hope is that its a little like the last Magic expansion and that we get a wave of magical mytical beasties added as general use monsters/spell summons. Heck a wild dragon or two would be fantastic. Any excuse to get more fantasy beasts into the armies (esp as destruction has the lions share of beasties on Forgeworld)

One interesting thing I heard on the live stream was that one lesson learned from Aos which was changed for 40k was the relative range for casting and dispelling. Essentially in AoS dispel range is shorter than casting range in many cases.

I wonder if for these new rules they make magic more powerful but the casting ranges shorter and the dispel ranges longer. 

Anything that increases the risk reward factor would be pretty good I think. 

It reminded me the vortex spells on Warhammer Total War, basically the majority of them are a big ball of energy (lighting, air, fire...) with random movement. I expect something similar on the tabletop, powerful but random spells that must be represented by miniatures.

14 hours ago, Zeratul said:

It reminded me the vortex spells on Warhammer Total War, basically the majority of them are a big ball of energy (lighting, air, fire...) with random movement. I expect something similar on the tabletop, powerful but random spells that must be represented by miniatures.

The Purple Sun is one of those Vortex spells in TWW and the Purple Sun is the best guess for what that model is.

Archived