All cav army

By cavalry do you mean mounted? If so there’s a few options: 

- Slaves to darkness are a good option. Knights, horsemen, chariots and mounted heroes. 

- Beastclaw Raiders after a fashion, with mournfang and the beasties. 

- Legions Of Nagash could also work if you’re willing to take Direwolves as a tax. 

- Seraphon can also be ran, with knights, dactyls, carnosaur etc. 

In addition to those listed above: 

Order Serpentis, and Order Draconis are essentially lizard/horse cavalry armies (the big bosses are on dragons if that counts).

Shadowblades technically are too, but the assassin is on foot. Also there are only 2 units in the whole faction, so yeah... ouch.

Spiderfang Grots are all mounted on spiders. Spider cavalry.

Moonclan grots can be cavalry if you only take squig hoppers and warboss on great cave squig.

Greenskinz can take only Boarboys if they take greenskins allegiance. Pig cavalry.

Hosts of slaanesh can be cavalry with hellstriders as battleline with slaanesh allegiance.

Everchosen are if you want a super small army with a big bad as the general.

And depending on what you define cavalry as, Thunderscorn could be a cavalry army. Depends on if you think half ogor - half dragon centaurs are cavalry.

A freeguild horse general and outriders/pistoleers could make for a fun shooty cav army, with demigryph knights for choppy. Or ally in the empire knights from the legacy scrolls if you wanna go all horse. Not sure if any of them are battleline though ?

I'm going to do a 1000 point list of mix Order cavalry using Swifthawk Reavers as the battleline.

2 units of 5 Reavers

1 High Warden (flying, but he's still mounted)

1 Lord Aquilor

1 unit of Vanguard Palladors

and probably Gryphhound just to round out the points

I don't know if it'll be any good, but I like the idea of an all mounted fast moving army. Should make for a fun casual game.

Archived