Opinion of an actual warhammer fan

Majorkill18

Oh, Ach Warhammer is a true WH fan? The arch who casts Trump as 40k's God emperor with an increasingly thin veil of irony? That same arch who whines about SJWs daring to analyse warhammer in order to pander to the YouTube manosphere? The guy who fundamentally misunderstands the tonal register of 40k (ie the relationship grimdark has with it's more politically satirical roots, but that's a whooooole other topic ).

I'm not saying he isn't a fan. there's nothing sillier than attempting to erase somebody's legitimate enjoyment of a thing just because one wants to attach their identity to that thing. 

That being said, I am unimpressed with those who pander to the most regressive ideas prevalent in modern (mostly male, mostly white) geek culture.

Not yucking your yum, but I'd personally prefer the hobby to be inclusive .

Seems kind of pointless, really. The conclusion at the end of the video being "At least Age of Sigmar is a functional game now, and that's all I wanted. I will read the lore eventually." (Paraphrasing, if anyone should be literal about it ;) ) - which puts the rest of the video up as more of a leftover box of unresolved negative feelings about what happened at the start of Age of Sigmar's creation. 

Which in effect, means there's no message whatsoever, or the message is very outdated (since there is new lore, and by not having read it yet, one can not form a proper opinion as to what it is or is not) 

tl;dr: I agree with the end of the video, the rest of it is viewpoints based on the past, and adds no new perspective. 

The title of the thread was funny though. Probably a bait, so let's treat it as such ;) 

20 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Seems kind of pointless, really. The conclusion at the end of the video being "At least Age of Sigmar is a functional game now, and that's all I wanted. I will read the lore eventually." (Paraphrasing, if anyone should be literal about it ;) ) - which puts the rest of the video up as more of a leftover box of unresolved negative feelings about what happened at the start of Age of Sigmar's creation. 

Which in effect, means there's no message whatsoever, or the message is very outdated (since there is new lore, and by not having read it yet, one can not form a proper opinion as to what it is or is not) 

I would say the possible outrage is more due to him mangling so badly the pre-existing start-point lore in order to make his case.

Archived