Newbie here!

Tiklis

Hi there guys!

Recently a friend of mine told me that Fantasy was dead. Because GW wanted to launch a new game.

So I feel kind of sad because I really loved my High Elves. But then I started reading about the game and started to seem trully nice to me.

So I want to start a new army here I'm open to all suggestions but:

-I'm not very good at painting. In fact my elves looked awnfull... Something easy would be nice

-I'm not a fan of the new space/land marines.

-As I don't have a great amount of money to spend. I would like a list more or least cloose. 

-That list should be able to win games. With this I meant something like the tier list in Hearstone a t2 army is ok. I don't mind don't having the OP army but an army who can win without having luck and my rival doing a trully poor game...

My first idea with these point was an undeath army. Easy to paint and for what I remember easy to play and if you learn how to play them you can win a few armies.

Would you gimme your thoughs on the subject?

Thanks for everything guys!

P.D: When I talk with this guy he discourage me of playing Death until the new release. And told me to wait because he thinks this summer GW will release a new army made of elves. Wich I love.

Your friend is probably on to something about waiting for Death, and this year is likely (but not definite) to bring some Elven fun.

A lot of the time it's no so much that a model is difficult to paint, it's that people choose a difficult and fiddly colour scheme as opposed to something easier.

Some models definitely lend themselves to being slightly quicker, with Sylvaneth probably holding the top spot right now in terms of ease.

Whatever army you choose, I'd be happy to work out a quick and easy way to paint the models and make a guide to follow for you, providing I have an example model in my collection!

As for right now, I'd go for an army you like the look of over trying for a tournament army. What armies are good and bad kind of ebbs and flows, though armies like Stormcast and Blades of Khorne remain fairly consistant.

As Alphakenny told you, there is always a way to speed paint your army.

On a more specific way to choose, there are 3 main questions:

- do you have any MODEL preference (to allow to orient the allegiance/race choice)

- what is your prefered STRATEGY  . Not all armies can play all the strategies with good results.

- what is your actual and short/middle term budget (to achieve a full army). Lets say 1500 to 2000 points.

With this in mind, you'll have fewer choice. I wanted an army that could eventually play almost all the strategy.  That was my top requirement. Stormcast were the ideal. They are extremly developped, easy to learn the game with, and can be (yes, possibly but not always) cheap with some tricks (starter box, SC, Blighwar, ebay etc...)

About the painting, I'll tell everyone when I finish the job on mine.

On 15/1/2018 at 3:43 PM, GeneralZero said:

As Alphakenny told you, there is always a way to speed paint your army.

On a more specific way to choose, there are 3 main questions:

- do you have any MODEL preference (to allow to orient the allegiance/race choice)

- what is your prefered STRATEGY  . Not all armies can play all the strategies with good results.

- what is your actual and short/middle term budget (to achieve a full army). Lets say 1500 to 2000 points.

With this in mind, you'll have fewer choice. I wanted an army that could eventually play almost all the strategy.  That was my top requirement. Stormcast were the ideal. They are extremly developped, easy to learn the game with, and can be (yes, possibly but not always) cheap with some tricks (starter box, SC, Blighwar, ebay etc...)

About the painting, I'll tell everyone when I finish the job on mine.

Hi there buddy, thanks for your answer,

I don' have a prefference. But I'm not really into Stormcast... 

I also haven't play AoS enough to say I'd love aggro play. But I most of the games I usually play I'm the kind of guy who wait for a mistake and punish the other player.

About my budget I can spend in the next 2 or 3 months like 250 and 350 euros. (Spaniard here, yay)

I've been watching the store. Usually I watched Sylvaneth and Deathrattle. There are miniatures in Sylvaneth that seems real nice. Kurnouth hunters looks amazing.

But many other are not my kind of thing. As an ex hihg elve player havin Allariel sounds quite nice. But I'm not charmed into them. Like when I watched High elves...

On the other hand if death gets a good work out I really like Skeletons simplicity...

Most armies are defined by Battle line units, and basic skeletons are indeed quality infantry. They're slow, but with a hero nearby, they can chop through most anything, and are shockingly durable. And they are indeed fun and easy to paint; a little drybrushing produces excellent results.

Archived