A Kingdom of Isolation (Phoenix Temple Blog) - 25/09 - FHGT Display Board pics

Chris Tomlin

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, KnaveOfScribes said:

Well that's some brilliant, brilliant work on Aventis there Chris. Bloody well done sir. The effort in the conversion work has paid off as that winged Gryph-charger looks amazing and the joins are pretty seamless. Painting wise, its pretty glorious too - the patterning on the forelimbs is really subtle but gorgeous, and I love the blue on Aventis' cloak.

I think I mentioned before how good the Sacrosanct stuff would look in your capable hands and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do with them.

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. As mentioned above I am glad I stuck at it with the conversion, it was looking pretty dire at times as it's not quite as simple as it looks. Glad you like the patterning on the forelimbs as well...I really had to pause and think before I went with it as it would've taken some time to undo if I didn't like the look. I'd had a few beers by that point though so the Dutch courage was flowing!!

I have a full 2,000pt Sacroscant army assembled now, so will be painting more stuff in this scheme. Realistically it may not be until 2019 though. We'll see.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:01 AM, hammer49 said:

Love the colour scheme your going for  especially phoenix guard.

Cheers mate! :D 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:29 AM, adreal said:

Wow, that conversion looks fantastic, I totally want to steal it and stick an elf on top instead of a stormcast

Thanks! As mentioned, it's not an easy conversion, but it's worth the hassle IMO. An aelf would look pretty great atop this mount I reckon. You may need to replace the front armour with something less Stormcasty though.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Crono said:

/subscribed. Amazing

Thanks Crono :) 

I have begun work on a simplistic display board for this army as I will be taking it to Facehammer GT in a couple of weeks and wanted to improve the presentation.

Not sure if I mentioned here, but I went to a small 28 player one day event with this army a couple of weeks ago. I managed to win Best Army and also got 3/3 wins. There was something a bit off with the draw in the final round I think, as such I only managed 4th place. Still, was nice to put in another solid performance even if it was a smaller field. Lets see how we do at FHGT!

I've also recently assembled a 2,000 pt Order Draconis army!! That will be painted in a different colour scheme and will be the fire to this army's ice!

I may just stick it in this thread anyway. It's my next main painting project.

Chris

13 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Not sure if I mentioned here, but I went to a small 28 player one day event with this army a couple of weeks ago. I managed to win Best Army and also got 3/3 wins.

Are you saying that Pheonix Temple now has an unprecendented 87.5% Match Win Percentage and is the most broken army in AoS?

• Like 2

• Chris Tomlin changed the title to A Kingdom of Isolation (Phoenix Temple Blog) - 14/09 - in game pics vs The Wolves of Ghur

Morning all,

I played a great game of Warhammer last night vs @Bueno and his Wolves of Ghur (Khorne) army. Both our armies share a similar colour palette, with snow basing and an almost identical blue used on the cloth in our armies. We were able to play on a snowy FAT mat with appropriate terrain and it just looked pretty great, so I thought I'd share some pics. They were taken on my phone and aren't focussed overly well, so don't really show the armies off to their best tbh, but it gives you a nice idea of the battle!

Also, you can check out Ben's thread here and have a proper look at this lovely army; https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/6646-wolves-of-ghur-and-many-other-aos-projects-1st-post-updated-to-contents-page/?tab=comments#comment-58326

Enjoy,
Chris

7729CB1F-AD8C-4277-86DE-ABE4FEC2D0E2.jpeg

0BD8BDD8-0668-4B4F-9B8D-FD58EBF0ACB4.jpeg

251771DB-A662-48EF-BCCC-025F07F198F6.jpeg

99924E66-122D-4854-B721-A767B31A341C.jpeg

811C94B5-8C3E-4785-A1DF-C3C98CB665A4.jpeg

73AC2425-721A-40DF-AE4A-63E9A3936E0D.jpeg

D7816EC0-CB74-4BD5-BFB8-8C074EED4C11.jpeg

303D1876-2F7F-45FF-92F5-F8F6498FAC8C.jpeg

• Like 20

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:37 AM, ManyBothans said:

Wow,... Two very nice armies playing on an equally awesomely themed table.... is this not the pinnacle of what we strive for in this game we play ?!... 

well done and thanks for the pics.

Cheers, MB

Thanks man! Yeh I totally agree. Was an absolute pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I took the army to Facehammer GT this weekend and managed another good performance at the tables, going 4 major wins and 1 loss. I came in 5th place out 88 so not bad at all for a non Battletome army composed of 3 warscrolls! More importantly though, I won Coolest Army, which was a massive honour in such a tough field. Here's some photos of the army complete with the display board I made for the event. Enjoy;

21925A3C-1006-4F43-9E60-8E3BF7BE9E37.jpeg

0A6FC4CA-DF58-4DCE-850B-BE407F73CD4C.jpeg

87058469-F512-4A06-92D1-05194D206EA0.jpeg

3601F306-41E3-4567-82D4-9E3FC11CB842.jpeg

• Like 18

• Chris Tomlin changed the title to A Kingdom of Isolation (Phoenix Temple Blog) - 25/09 - FHGT Display Board pics
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Late to the thread as always .....but your work is amazing Chris. I love everything about this - the scheme, the execution, the icicles ;). The conversions are super smooth too. Totally glad it paid off you - both on the table and off. I'll be eagerly awaiting your next batch! 

• 9 months later...